XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
May 02, 2024, 11:22:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 09z-7 Settings and Measurements  (Read 3340 times)
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:32:02 am »

Once 09z-7 was installed and working I´d like to show you my numbers and settings, maybe you can compare them, in relative terms, with yours.
The sound is fantastic with almost all the settings, I could choose one or two as my favorites, more on that later, but probably is too soon and I´d need more listening sessions. As a general rule the sound is big and smooth with a feeling of live presence. No pops except when the first track starts playing with PA activated and also when the volume goes up or down.

First let me show you the numbers.

The volume level during the test has been always -30dB.

NOS1 output numbers:

Without PA activated: -09.0mV/-10.0mV. These numbers are the same ones that I ever had with all the XX versions.

With PA activated and the music playing:

*With IPhase active or inactive but with + activated: -140mV/-144mV (with Phase intensity=1).
-116mV/-119mV (with Phase intensity=0).

*With IPhase active or inactive but with - activated: 118mV/118mV (with Phase Intensity=1).
94mV/94mV (with Phase Intensity=0).

Amplifiers (mono blocks) output numbers:

With PA activated and music playing:
Oscillating between 02.5mV and 00.06mV in both mono blocks.

Sound and Settings:

Now the settings I like more (so far):

As I said almost all the settings are great. But to orientate myself while I was listening I rated the settings in a scale of 1-10. With the PA activated I realized that all the settings sounded better with Phase Intensity=1, so I applied it to the following settings:

With PA activated:

- Phase inactive and (-).....9.0 points (the one with less bass, but the rest is very musical)

- Phase inactive and (+).....9-9.5 p.

- Phase active and (-).......9-9.5 p.

- Phase active and (+).......9.5-9.75 p. (favorite)

Without PA activated:

With Phase intensity=0 and IPhase off....9-9.5 (also a favorite).

The other settings can be seen in my signature.

In my opinion the sound without PA activated is also beautiful, maybe a little less sharp but great in all its terms. Distorted sound?...
I need however more experimentation with PA activated and IPhase on/off, +/- because I have the intuition that the absolutely great sound is going to come to my system managing properly these latter settings. I agree with Peter on this regard.

Juan

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:56:06 pm by juanpmar » Logged

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: