XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 24, 2024, 07:06:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: File Structure Issue?  (Read 6714 times)
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: September 18, 2010, 02:42:09 pm »

Hi Peter. Whenever I am in my "classiscal" directory and try to navigate out of that directory via the "arrow pointer" at the top left of the scroll bar of the embedded library explorer window (see screen shot cause, well, a picture is worth a thousand words!), I get an "xx has stopped working" error. This also happens if I try to leave that directory by typing an artist's name with the keyboard. It mostly happens just with this directory. My general structure is: Music/Artist/ Album; classical may have several intervening folders: (Music/classical/composer/artist/album) as shown in the screen shot. If I don't use the "arrow pointer" and just scroll to an album outside of the classical directory I'm usually okay. Is this caused by too many subdirectories? If so, is it possible to adjust things so that that many subdirectories can be made to work?

* red circle.png (108.76 KB, 1280x732 - viewed 702 times.)

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 03:37:52 pm »

Difficult to say, but certainly not too many sub folders or something ...

If that "Folder" file which is showing doesn't have an extension, please rename it to Folder.jpg and see whether it makes a difference.

With such a structure, I can imagine that things are not in "balance" somehow, and at (me) working through the structure, unexpected things happen. So, in general there is a deepest level of where the track data is, and the only thing allowed under that (deeper again) is coverart folders. Thus, suppose there's track data in your Anne-Sophie folder (I can't see that), things will go wrong because you also have album folders in that same folder.
Otherwise I really don't know.

Since you know where you have this issue, and it seems to be at one place only (?), it would be great if you can find yourself what causes this. After that I can adjust the program to that, unless you do something "illegal" (like the before example with track data and album folders mixed).

I know, not much helpful, apart maybe from the fact that what I see is just allowed.

This also happens if I try to leave that directory by typing an artist's name with the keyboard.

I don't think that can happen (the "leaving"). So, that it goes wrong I sure believe, but this must always be something in the chosen folder folder itself. Now, if you recognize this is the same problem, it may be easier to drill down to the folder having the issue (if one (only) at all).
So, if you see E:\Music I\Classical\Bach\ at the bottom, and you type "best of", only the \Bach\ structure (all the way down) will be examined, and not e.g. \Antonio Vivaldi\. Unless :
Unless you mean you type c:\Music I\Chuck at the bottom, and force to "leave" the Bach structure by this means. But if so, does this go wrong only at clicking Search ? or also without clicking Search ?
I hope I am clear a bit ...

I hope you can find what causes this !
Peter

PS: When does that cyan color at the top of the form emerge ? It indicates somethingis wrong (it should be transparent).

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:07:19 pm »

Will work on the file issue and let you know. Regarding that cyan bar, that happened when I took the screen shot; cyan has never shown up with xx open on the desktop. However; in unattended, every once in a while, that same bar stays on the top of the desktop screen after the GUI disappears. Its color, to me, is gray. Its so infrequent that I haven't posted about it.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 02:01:57 pm »

If that "Folder" file which is showing doesn't have an extension, please rename it to Folder.jpg and see whether it makes a difference.

The file extension, .jpg, was hidden by Windows 7 default "folder view" for common file extensions, so that's not an issue.

Thus, suppose there's track data in your Anne-Sophie folder (I can't see that), things will go wrong because you also have album folders in that same folder.

There is nothing in the Anne-Sophie folder. That folder is the "Artist" folder created when I ripped the cd with dbpoweramp.

With such a structure, I can imagine that things are not in "balance" somehow, and at (me) working through the structure, unexpected things happen.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Whenever I rip a cd, I secure rip with dbpoweramp. The cover art automatically is placed in the folder with the tracks. Is there another way to do this?

This also happens if I try to leave that directory by typing an artist's name with the keyboard.

I don't think that can happen (the "leaving"). So, that it goes wrong I sure believe, but this must always be something in the chosen folder folder itself.

That's not the way it works here. If I just type on the keyboard "Bob" from the directory as shown below, it automatically leaves all four subdirectories (Johann/Ann-Sohie/Bach/ and Classical) and goes to the Bob Dylan Directory. I don't type anything in the search box. That's the way I've been doing it from the beginning.

* directory II.png (185.53 KB, 1280x768 - viewed 656 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 03:32:34 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean here. Whenever I rip a cd, I secure rip with dbpoweramp. The cover art automatically is placed in the folder with the tracks. Is there another way to do this?

Never mind, it's okay (or should be anyway).

If I just type on the keyboard "Bob" from the directory as shown below, it automatically leaves all four subdirectories (Johann/Ann-Sohie/Bach/ and Classical) and goes to the Bob Dylan Directory. I don't type anything in the search box. That's the way I've been doing it from the beginning.

Aha, so you just let Windows search in the tree for your typed "bob", right ?
I now see that this just works (never knew it).
Ok, if you type character for character (not all that fast, but fast enough to let it search for "bo" instead of "Olivia"), can't you where (at which character) it goes wrong ? And next find what it can't cope with ? Of course if I try it overhere, all goes allright.

Difficult, because it is data related !

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: