XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 02:42:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista lifecycle has ended  (Read 5355 times)
BrianG
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2010, 06:13:50 pm »

Hi All,

With the recent push to return to vista I went looking for a copy and found Vista Business retail. 

Inside the pack was a note explaining how to get the 64bit version so off I went and ordered it from microsoft but the order was cancelled without explanation so I went looking for one and have received this email:

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft products.

We regret to inform you that the life cycle of the product you have ordered has ended and it has become obsolete. This means we do not have Windows Vista Business SP2 32-bit/64-bit English Sup Direct DVD
Fulfillment in stock and there will be no restocking of this item. Therefore, your desired order can no longer be booked.

So I guess if you want Vista 64bit you need to get the Ultimate edition which I think(?) comes with the 64bit version included (but don't take my word for it).

Brian

January 5, 2011
*W7 64bit SP1 on SSD*, XX on 1.2GB RAMDisk (Copy to XX-drive = On), music on SATAII, i3-530 HT Off / Engine#4 *Special Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = 16 (samples)/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = 512) / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / *Scheme = 3* @ UnAttended (Do Not Start) /Services Off + No Running Time / Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / *SFS=100* @ *SFS.ini = 00* -> PC-to-I2S Driver latency 512 samples @352800 -> 24/384 Phasure NOS1 DAC -> pre-amp ->main amps
jnoneiliv1
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:25:52 am »

Vista Ultimate is just more bells and whistles around the kernel, 32 or 64 bit are alternative versions of the memory addressing schemes that I believe is available at each "trim" level of Vista, home, bus, or ultimate.

I suggest trying Amazon, they have about a dozen different shrink wrap colors for you to chose from and your likely to find a supply/demand balanced supply of this stranded OS for years to come.  It still sucks though.

If it weren't for XX I wouldn't come near this cr*p OS.

FLAC > NetGear ReadyNAS Duo > NetGear 1Gbt Switch > Dell Vostro 200 > Vista SP2 > XXHighEnd 0.9z-3 > USB > VALAB NOS DAC > Musical Fidelity V-CAN > Sure SRH840
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: