XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 08:05:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phasure NOS1 vs. Pacific Microsonics Model Two - Round 1  (Read 33222 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 12:27:35 am »

You guys may find a fuller mid and bottom end by setting your sfs.ini to 00 and then reducing your SFS. Just a suggestion.

Thanks boleary. I think this could definitely help when using AP with the NOS1.

Great to hear how the NOS1 compares to your Pacific Microsonics Mani. Has the NOS1 changed at all regarding upsampling 16/44 material?

Well, I have a tentative theory that's actually been brewing for quite a while now (>1 year) and that has only been supported by having the NOS1 to play with. My theory is that all oversampling/upsampling (i.e. filtering) performed in the digital domain is bad. And this includes Arc Prediction. BUT... AP does the least damage of all the filtering methods I've tried (in HW and SW). But it still seems to change the sound. Leading edges are over-emphasized and I'm sure extra HF content is 'created' that may not be there in the original analogue. But AP is so much better than any of the old FIR-type filters or the newer 'sinc' filters found in all oversampling DACs (and in all upsampling SW)... these simply kill the sound IME.

You know, I would love to be able to report that the NOS1 with 8xAP applied to 16/44.1 is just perfect. BUT that's simply not how I'm hearing it.

However, in the last couple of days, I've proved to myself that the NOS1 with 'properly' recorded 24/192 (which actually includes analogue filtering by the ADC) and no additional upsampling/filtering is as close to perfect as I need.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 12:54:11 am »

... may I know the equipment (brands) and software you are working with?

Hi Joachim. Here's my total chain:

Technics SP-10MKII (mounted on a solid metal plinth, which itself is mounted securely to a supporting brick wall)
SME 3009II (pre-improved)
Denon 103 (on high mass headshell) with Kimber armtube cabling (no connectors from cartridge to phono stage)
AQVOX phono stage (using moving coil balanced input)
Analysis Plus Solo Crystal XLR cables
Pacific Microsonics Model Two (no digital or analogue attenuation or gain)
Pacific Microsonics AES cables (with ground-loop isolators built in)
Weiss AFI1
Belkin firewire cable (with power wires disconnected)

At the moment I'm using Sony's 'Audio Studio' software. This costs €30 from Amazon! I have no idea how well it compares to professional software, but I can say that using the Weiss's ASIO drivers, Audio Studio is good enough to capture 24/192 files that I cannot distinguish from the original vinyl source.

If you're thinking of doing something similar, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 01:03:31 am »

Maybe a good idear to do both?  scratching

Meaning 16/44.1 and 24/192. It is just a little more extra time ( I think ) When Peter comes up with 768 maybe  you prefer it over 24/192 than you need to start all over again.

At the moment, I have the ability to apply 2xAP to upsample 24/192 up to 24/384. If/when Peter comes up with 768, I'll have the ability to tp apply 4xAP to upsample 24/192 to 24/768. I won't need to start all over!

However, I don't like what 2xAP is doing to my 24/192 files - it's changing the sound. And they sound absolutely fine through the NOS1 with no upsampling whatsoever.

Mani.

PS. I've found a way to stream these 24/192 files over my wireless network.

Main System:
Office System:
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 11:42:43 am »

Hi Mani,

Well, I have a tentative theory that's actually been brewing for quite a while now (>1 year) and that has only been supported by having the NOS1 to play with. My theory is that all oversampling/upsampling (i.e. filtering) performed in the digital domain is bad. And this includes Arc Prediction. BUT... AP does the least damage of all the filtering methods I've tried (in HW and SW).

Although for the general statement you are correct, for the specifics you can not be. Happy
This at least counts for 16/44.1 material which just doesn't contain enough sample points to be right. But please don't fall into obvious pitfalls here;

When you use any random DAC which is not explicitly NOS (the very first were NOS too but not much recognized as such), there's always something in the DAC which "upsamples". However, as you know this this the actual filtering, or better : the means to allow for filtering. So, without upsampling no filtering is possible.
Now, I will confuse you by turning this the other way around : the filtering as we know it (like FIR, PIR) is *explicit* filtering. That is, software changes the wave shapes and you could say that it "filters out" the wrongnesses. This is not what Arc Prediction does; AP merely upsamples only (so, now we could talk about explicit upsampling instead of filtering), but because upsampling will need a proper interpolation means, it does that in the mean time. And that by itself (when done right) acts as the filter again, altyhough nothing is explicitly filtered.

To put this all in other words : when it would be so that even for 16/44.1 AP upsampling makes it worse, well, you would say that vanilla 16/44.1 sounds the best.
Do, do you ?
Nah, I don't think so, and which is in between the lines in your post I just quoted from. But, it may be good to realize that it is not this black and white.

Similarly we must be careful when I say that I even like 192 to be upsampled to 384. First of all, I wouldn't be playing any poor hires so it is not about that. Thus, only the good ones are in for judgement, but now think further what the good ones will be ... This will again be unfiltered results from whatever recording (could be masters), and theoretically they'd need filtering again !! But, only for content which would be there beyond 96KHz, so it is a kind of far sought;

When I'd have done my own hires recordings - and did that the best way possible, I would never "upsample" that again.

All 'n all I hope it is clear that "upsampling" should be done on 16/44.1 definitely (when playing on real NOS), and the more of it, the better it will be. BUT, only when the first step of it is for the better to begin with (and something like SoX is not).
Uhm, "the better it will be" ? this is not per definition true, because here too (AP), the more upsampling is applied, the less the smaller squares will stay like that (when intended of course). So, there's a tradeoff somewhere (and it is a subject I can't deal with well, unless higher frequencies are dealt with differently from lower ones).

Leading edges are over-emphasized and I'm sure extra HF content is 'created' that may not be there in the original analogue.

Although undoubtedly this will be the case, be careful that you don't judge too soon. Not to undermine your findings, but you *are* too soon to really judge;
I'd say your second break-in period is just about to begin. Give it two more weeks and then it's okay to judge this (and your findings will most probably not differ, but still).

You know, I would love to be able to report that the NOS1 with 8xAP applied to 16/44.1 is just perfect. BUT that's simply not how I'm hearing it.

Simple ... it can't be so. It can be better than (wrongish) native hi-res, it will be better than not applying anything at all, but let's not forget : it is not real.

One last thing maybe ...
Before people will think that comparing (with) vinyl is a measure, IMHetc.O it is not. Of course, a DAC should be able to do that in the first place or oterwise it's "nothing" to our standards. But I think we must be careful when it's taken for an absolute quality measure. There is so much less dynamics in vinyl, sub-low is not possible and all sounds gray-ish to begin with - that it just would not be justified to say "my vinyl sounds the same, so now I have a decent DAC". Oh, I love to hear it from the NOS1 obviously, but I never have been a commercial guy much, and if I (or we) were trying to mimic vinyl, I'd better had made a fine turntable or something.
I hear people say "but if you'd listen to my rig !" ... yes. And you just as well may be right, but then I didn't hear it. The only thing I base this upon (apart from my own poor turntabe) is the getting togethers which are organized each year here, ahead of that mr. Van den Hul, with the finest turntables and cartridges, and really it is nowhere. Still my personal opinion, but just as well something to maybe hunt for. Don't blame me when I'm wrong afterall, but it is unimagineable, the distance being soo large.

Well, let's say all of the above is for some perspective. I'm trying to learn as much as I can myself. yes
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 01:40:08 pm »

Hi Peter, I think we're pretty much in agreement. But let me just clarify a few points.

To put this all in other words : when it would be so that even for 16/44.1 AP upsampling makes it worse, well, you would say that vanilla 16/44.1 sounds the best.

No, absolutely not. Vanilla 16/44.1 is headache-inducing and simply needs upsampling.

Similarly we must be careful when I say that I even like 192 to be upsampled to 384.

Your graphs are interesting here. Your 8x graphs are actually identical to the 4x graphs (due to the limitations of the ADC). No doubt the 'real' 8x graphs would be better, but I think 4x is already good. My point is that additional upsampling of my native 24/192 seems to do more harm than good. I'm not sure, but I think that an analogue filter is applied by the Model Two during the ADC. For ADCs that don't do this, I can see how upsampling even 24/192 would be beneficial.

All 'n all I hope it is clear that "upsampling" should be done on 16/44.1 definitely (when playing on real NOS), and the more of it, the better it will be.

Yes, I agree 100%. For 16/44.1 material, I use 8x AP.

I'd say your second break-in period is just about to begin. Give it two more weeks and then it's okay to judge this (and your findings will most probably not differ, but still).

Yes, and why I called this post 'Round 1'. I want 'Round 2 to begin as of tomorrow and 'Round 3' in a few weeks time. But I have to say that the NOS1 already sounds great with my 24/192 recordings (with no upsampling)... although 16/44.1 with 8xAP still sounds a little edgy.

Before people will think that comparing (with) vinyl is a measure, IMHetc.O it is not. Of course, a DAC should be able to do that in the first place or oterwise it's "nothing" to our standards. But I think we must be careful when it's taken for an absolute quality measure.

You've hit the nail right on the head here. I'm definitely not using my vinyl rig as an absolute quality measure. Like you, my feeling is that a DAC should be able to replay my recordings and exactly match my vinyl rig with total ease - adding nothing and taking nothing away. Hell, the dynamics aren't great and the freq response is limited... And yet, most of the DACs I've tried simply can't do this. The NOS1 can, and the Model Two can. So, they've passed the 'entrance exam' in my eyes, that's all.

EDIT: You know, it's so easy to get fooled into thinking that something sounds great, when it's actually just adding more HF or LF, or whatever. Using my vinyl rig as a reference against which to compare is just like using a 'control' in a scientific experiment.

As always, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Peter.

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 04:32:59 pm »

Before people will think that comparing (with) vinyl is a measure, IMHetc.O it is not. Of course, a DAC should be able to do that in the first place or oterwise it's "nothing" to our standards. But I think we must be careful when it's taken for an absolute quality measure.
A few years ago I was buying a lot of vinyls, and every time I bought a new LP, I recorded it with my PC as 44.1/16bit wav. As I stopped listening to vinyl, I burned the files to DVD's as wav. I picked out one of them last week to look if the DVD's are still working. I didn't listen to them since years and I expected a bad quality from them. But I got surprised. The sound is realy good. No digital sound at all. Full bass and an involving easy sound. I would say it sounds very much as I remember listening to the original vinyl. There are three conclusions I would draw from here.
1.: If you record a vinyl it should still sound like a vinyl if you play them with your pc->So this would be a valid test for your system
2.: Something is wrong with the digital source material we get. There are some very good cd's but also a lot of CD's sound digital. Somewhere, someone does not care and messes up the sound of the production.
3.: Do not trouble to much by recording vinyl with 24bit/192kHz. Why do you want to record the 96kHz noise or use ~144db dynamic range for ~60db dynamic range that you already have covered with 16bit (~95db)?

Software: Windows7 Ultimatex64SP1 | XXHighend 9z9b
Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »

What "we" found out so far :

1. most certainly is true.

Therefore

2. most certainly is also true (and prooved by myself and own recordings; Mani did similar with his recordings from vinyl);

but

3. would be true only when 16/44.1 is so close (with our playback means) to hires, that higher res is near useless.
My standpoint will be clear by now, and I am the most happy that I'm not confronted by the fact that so few hires is there, while at the same time there's more redbook than we'll ever be able to listen to.
But I guess I will be recording in 24/192 anyway - when it where for archiving my vinyl.

The most funny conclusion of it all is that it doesn't take a vinyl rig at all to listen again to that wonderful analogue sound. If it only has been recorded from it, and most probably the only thing it needs is NOT an official instance to do it. If you do it yourself you wouldn't know what to destroy, and therefore won't.

If you could only listen to my own recording on my own system in the middle of those 1000s of good CDs. A few people did and like me heard that the difference is miles and miles and miles. To-tal-ly unbelieveable. I would say that the playback system for that may matter, but relatively "nothing" to the recording itself. And may it be my recording capabilities (which I have done exactly ONE time (that one)), I better seek money in that as a job. Haha.

2c

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »

But I guess I will be recording in 24/192 anyway - when it where for archiving my vinyl.
I can understand. Sure is sure (sicher ist sicher) Happy

The most funny conclusion of it all is that it doesn't take a vinyl rig at all to listen again to that wonderful analogue sound. If it only has been recorded from it, and most probably the only thing it needs is NOT an official instance to do it. If you do it yourself you wouldn't know what to destroy, and therefore won't.
yes Yes, I must smile reading this. You could create a digital "Vinyl Filter" to make xx sound like vinyl again, just for fun.

I would say that the playback system for that may matter, but relatively "nothing" to the recording itself
I think so!

Software: Windows7 Ultimatex64SP1 | XXHighend 9z9b
Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 05:45:35 pm »

I can understand. Sure is sure (sicher ist sicher) Happy

Yes, this is certainly one reason.

But another is because of my findings over the weekend. HOWEVER... I may have begun the testing a week or so too early - I have the NOS1 playing in the background right now and I think its metamorphosis into the 'World's Best DAC' really is starting to happen... and this is with 16/44.1 and 8xAP.

I think it's ready for 'Round 2'...

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

Don't placebo yourself by the exact 14 days which have passed for you today ...

grazy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »

Hello Peter,

4xArcPrediction has at present more timbre and body than 8xArcPrediction.

best

Joachim
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »

grazy

Absolutey no chance of this... it will be exactly 14 days tomorrow, not today Happy

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »

4xArcPrediction has at present more timbre and body than 8xArcPrediction.

I think this will always be the case. But maybe the NOS1 will continue to 'bloom out' and at some point perhaps 4xAP will start sounding too full...?

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: