XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 11:42:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reducing EMI/RFI / Power Wraps by Highwire  (Read 15969 times)
gonzalito
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:34 pm »

http://www.wavelength-distribution.com/powerwrap/

Iīve just ordered one to try it in my UPS power cord.

Have you ever try these power wraps?

Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Xtreme > SSV Audio PURE Interconnects > Topping TP20 > BlueJeans 5T00UP cables > Accorde Mentor speakers
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:36:01 pm »

Never tryed one. I guess it increases the inductivity of the cable which makes it harder for rf signals to pass the cable. Even cheaper would be, to roll the cable to a coil. But carefull with strong amplifers, if turned on and off, the inductivity creates currents that goes backwards into the amlifer and might destroy something.

Software: Windows7 Ultimatex64SP1 | XXHighend 9z9b
Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
Marcin_gps
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

Hi gonzalito!

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm gonna try it as well as EVS ground enhancers.

Marcin
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

WARNING:

This one should be easy and effective, BUT don't use it on grounded powercords. Because the ground connection works as a leave/escape for high frequency distortion. The "optimum" should be to open the powercord, and let only the + and - pass through a coil. The ground wire (shield) should be untouched.

In fact, a wise man told me once, if you wanna use silver in your cables, you should apply it not in the signal conductors but in the ground/shielding. Because the ground/loop noise is very high in frequency and needs a "perfect" conductor to get rid of.

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

My recipe DIY mains cable:

4x2 (8 wires)twisted solid stranded ofc copper wire (have to lookup the wire-gauge)with teflon, foil and copper-mesh shielding, teflon tape, nice cotton outside.
No soldering Furutech connectors, they are expensive but VERY nice contact clamps and high contact strenght.
Look very nice, works very well.
This way its also very easy to test different cable designs, without soldering.

Never touch contact points with your fingers, clean them with pure alcohol, btw. alcohol removes soldering flux too.

my 2 (euro) c

Happy

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
gonzalito
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

WARNING:

This one should be easy and effective, BUT don't use it on grounded powercords. Because the ground connection works as a leave/escape for high frequency distortion. The "optimum" should be to open the powercord, and let only the + and - pass through a coil. The ground wire (shield) should be untouched.

In fact, a wise man told me once, if you wanna use silver in your cables, you should apply it not in the signal conductors but in the ground/shielding. Because the ground/loop noise is very high in frequency and needs a "perfect" conductor to get rid of.

pedal,

Thanks a lot for the wise advice.

Flecko,

According to the Highwire page, the theory of operation isnīt about inductivity:

"Power Wraps use a patented RF absorber in a special configuration developed for use on AC cords. The RF absorbers filter the RFI and kill the ringing in AC cords."

Regards.-

Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Xtreme > SSV Audio PURE Interconnects > Topping TP20 > BlueJeans 5T00UP cables > Accorde Mentor speakers
gonzalito
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:28:19 pm »

Marcin_gps,

Please let us know about your conclusions about the EVS ground enhancers . I wondering about getting a couple of them.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: