XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 05:13:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NOS USB Impressions  (Read 33878 times)
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

There was a nice surprise on Friday afternoon, my NOS1 was delivered back having been lovingly converted by Peter to NOS1 USB spec..... Fantastic !  Happy

Peter sent a special NOS1 USB driver / control panel and a copy of V09-6, then it was time to set about getting eveything going. As Mani mentioned, the NOS1 USB connects in about 10 mins, "zimple !!" (as the meerkat says   Happy ). With some “unusual” parameters to set in V09-6 (eg large buffers and Q1 of 30) all was done. Peter has certainly done one hell of a LOT of work on new hardware and software to produce the NOS1 USB that’s for sure.

Last night I was not able to really stretch the legs of the new DAC (small people sleeping in the house), even so it made quite an impression. I thought I would post the note that I sent to Peter this morning below to give a flavour ....

Today with the sound wound up properly the DAC is terrific and improving by the hour as the electronics burn in. I will post some proper impressions as the burn in takes place and the DAC settles.

Nick.

“Peter hi,
I could not listen too closely last night due to low volume levels but spent time getting the pc and 09-6 settings about right. I even had the amp connected directly without TVCs, brilliant !

The sound is very interesting, it has so little digital signature and is timed with such ease that I am sure that you have not added a new interface. My theory is that you have found a way of taking 20k worth of turntable and miniaturised it and put into the NOS case :-). And this from red book, it's the dream really come true, my goal for more than ten years has been a CD player that is as natural and engaging as vinyl but without it's problems. For a long time I really had doubts that it could be done, there would always be some vestige of digital signature getting in the way. The NOS USB has shown me it can be done, I am so pleased :-)

So today some proper running in and listening which I am really looking forward to. Not so much to listen to the performance of a good piece of equipment which is normally what i would be doing with a new peice of hifi, today I think I will be able to simply enjoy the priverladge of listening to peoples musical performances.

Will let you know how it goes.

Again, thanks Peter for the new NOS USB  of course but also for being so endlessly determined to create software and hardware that does justice to live performances.

Kind regards,

Nick. “

Audio PC

C621 motherboard, Xeon 40 thread CPU.

w10 14393 RAM OS => XX V2.10 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / NOS USB driver v 1.02 buffer 16ms / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 10,-,1,1,1 / xQ1 =15 / unattended / SFS 0.69Mb / memory straight continuous / system clock 15.0ms / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / CPU scheme 3-5 / 16x Arc Prediction / Peak Extend off / Phase alignment off / Phase off  / XTweaks : Balanced Load 35 / Nervous Rate 10 (or15) / Cool when Idle n/a / Provide Stable Power 0 / Utilize Cores always 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability  On =>  Lush USB cable => modified NOS1 USB DAC => no pre amp => Orelo active horn loudspeakers with modified bass channel DSPs.

Music server: X99, Xeon 28 thread PC.

System power two 3kva balanced tranformers with dedicated earth spur.
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:14:08 pm »

Hi Nick,

Congratulations! If your experience is anything like mine, you'll have a great time re-discovering your CD collection. But hopefully you'll have more time to devote to this than I've had lately.

I had a bit of time this morning though and 'forced' my wife to take a proper listen to the NOS1. She said that it sounded great, but insisted that she still preferred the sound of the PM2, which itself had remained switched off since the USB NOS1(s) arrived back. So, I switched the PM2 on and let it warm up for an hour. I then dragged my wife away from what she was doing and played a Bill Evans track back-to-back, with each DAC connected directly into the power amp in turn and the vol adjusted as equally as possible. Well, it was absolutely no contest. And even my wife now says that the NOS1 is substantially better than the PM2 in every conceivable way. Of course, I totally agree with her.

If I'm honest, this saddens me quite a bit. The big decision I now have to make is whether I put my PM2 up for sale on Audiogon/eBay... It seems total overkill having a PM2 just for digitizing vinyl, which is the only need I now have for it. But maybe I should just keep it and sell it to an audio museum in 30 years time.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:28:13 pm »

Thank you Nick. And thank yourself. You know ...

Mani, maybe you can sell it to me ...
scratching
No need to respond to this really. But I'd say it is worth it for my vinyl and mastertape collection ... (yes)

Dilemma : I don't know myself yet what the recording capabilities in/for/from the NOS1 will bring. Of course this is already getting out of hand ...

whistle

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:19 pm »

Hi Nick,

Congratulations! If your experience is anything like mine, you'll have a great time re-discovering your CD collection. But hopefully you'll have more time to devote to this than I've had lately.

I had a bit of time this morning though and 'forced' my wife to take a proper listen to the NOS1. She said that it sounded great, but insisted that she still preferred the sound of the PM2, which itself had remained switched off since the USB NOS1(s) arrived back. So, I switched the PM2 on and let it warm up for an hour. I then dragged my wife away from what she was doing and played a Bill Evans track back-to-back, with each DAC connected directly into the power amp in turn and the vol adjusted as equally as possible. Well, it was absolutely no contest. And even my wife now says that the NOS1 is substantially better than the PM2 in every conceivable way. Of course, I totally agree with her.

If I'm honest, this saddens me quite a bit. The big decision I now have to make is whether I put my PM2 up for sale on Audiogon/eBay... It seems total overkill having a PM2 just for digitizing vinyl, which is the only need I now have for it. But maybe I should just keep it and sell it to an audio museum in 30 years time.

Mani.

Mani hi,

An interesting story, I can understand the outcome but it must mark the end of personal era when a reference as good as your PM2 is surpassed. It is not quite the same but my AudioNote DAC is likely to be looking for a new home shortly as well.

Best regards,

Nick.

Audio PC

w10 14393 RAM OS => XX V2.10 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / NOS USB driver v 1.02 buffer 16ms / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 10,-,1,1,1 / xQ1 =15 / unattended / SFS 0.69Mb / memory straight continuous / system clock 15.0ms / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / CPU scheme 3-5 / 16x Arc Prediction / Peak Extend off / Phase alignment off / Phase off  / XTweaks : Balanced Load 35 / Nervous Rate 10 (or15) / Cool when Idle n/a / Provide Stable Power 0 / Utilize Cores always 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability  On =>  Lush USB cable => modified NOS1 USB DAC => no pre amp => Orelo active horn loudspeakers with modified bass channel DSPs.

esimms86
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:12:32 am »

Nick makes an interesting point. Once you've surpassed the gold standard what else is there to strive for? I suppose Peter could go on to further tweaks of XXHighEnd or develop a comparable music player for the Mac platform. Or he could make the async Phasure NOS 1 comparable in sound quality to an even higher end vinyl-based setup.

Esau

2010 mac mini running Windows 7 Professional N 64bit *SP1* and XXHE on SSD in Boot camp mode, mac os x Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus also on SSD, music on  separate 2 Tb firewire La Cie HD / 8 Gb RAM/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 170 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3/ *Minimize OS = On*  / 24/768 Phasure/Is Phasure NOS1/ NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Marantz PM KI Pearl amplifier ->Gallo Strada/Gallo TR3 subwoofer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 09:09:34 am »

Nick makes an interesting point. Once you've surpassed the gold standard what else is there to strive for? I suppose Peter could go on to further tweaks of XXHighEnd or develop a comparable music player for the Mac platform. Or he could make the async Phasure NOS 1 comparable in sound quality to an even higher end vinyl-based setup.

Esau

XXhighend for Mac is due. Will this surpass PC sound achievements?

[Mini] [DAC202] [WavacPRT1/300b/LavardinT] [Tannoy Canterbury SE]
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 12:02:35 pm »

Ah, good that I know it too !
haha

But is it ?

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »

I thought I would post a short update now that the NOS1 USB has had chance to get a few hours of use clocked up.

First thing is there there defiantly appears to be a running in process. The sound has become more richer, tuneful and extended in the highs and lows with 40 hours or so on the new interface.

It's well worth having the DAC on for a few hours before serious listening. My amp likes a few hours warm up but the NOS1 USB is like a good red wine, it's best left to warm and air for a while before enjoying. 

I found direct connection to power amp using XX volume control sounded too thin initially so I kept using a transformer volume control. Now the NOS has has some burn in and settings (see below) are worked out, the sound is now wonderfully detailed and rich when connected directly to my amp. I have no plans to to use an analogue volume control now as a result.

Setting to unattended mode with  XX to start playback immediately and not using copy to XX drive, seems important. The palpability of the music steps up a whole gear with these settings. A few weeks now and already superb sound is improved so I am doubly happy.

One fun characteristic is that each time I sit down to listen I think I remember how good the sound will be, but every time the music starts I find over again that it's just much better than I remembered. A nice memory problem to have.

On a different subject I finally got around to taking the CPU fan out of my pc, the only moving part is now the HDD. The idea was to buy something that would support upgrading my pc at a later date, so I went for this Zalman Resorator water cooling system. http://www.zalman.com/m/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=183

Removal of the fan has improved sound as expected. The unit is very well made and silent in operation, the pump runs directly from it's own electrical supply so no electrical linkage to the pc. Overall a nice bit of kit even if it does look just a little "overclocky".

Nick.

Audio PC

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 08:26:34 am »

I guess I can connect that to my floor heating water system ...
Could heat up the floor, could cool down the cpu and stuff.

haha Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »

Hi,

A small update that might be usefull to NOS users.

I have been experiencing a rather annoying "tape hiss" type sound in the background on very quiet passages. This has been coupled with slighly confused sounding mid/highs that are at their worst when the passage being listened to has some low frequency content. The strange thing was that the symptoms were only present when playing CDs at 8 and 16 times over sampling. After 3 or 4 weeks of methodically trying everything I could think of and hours spent with test disks and frequency sweeps the sound is fixed, yippee !!!

In the end it was quite a simple problem, the fix was two things; move the NOS off the top of my amp and connect NOS to amp with a 1.0m set of interconnects instead of exactly the same type in 0.5m length. The result is much, much better music. If you have audible "tape hiss" you may want to experiment with the above.

Generally, I am just loving the NOS there is no going back once you hear this DAC Wink

Regards,

N

Audio PC

Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »

Hey Nick  -  Great that you fixed the problem and that you are enjoying your NOSUSB.  There is problem with NOSUSB and that is dragging yourself away from listening. Best to set an alarm clock - I keep forgetting to go to bed  Happy

Just out of interest what type of interconnects do you have and also what type of speaker cables do you use?

All the best

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:46 pm »

Hey Nick  -  Great that you fixed the problem and that you are enjoying your NOSUSB.  There is problem with NOSUSB and that is dragging yourself away from listening. Best to set an alarm clock - I keep forgetting to go to bed  Happy

Just out of interest what type of interconnects do you have and also what type of speaker cables do you use?

All the best

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks, I am really pleased to have found the solution. The interconnects I use are XLO Type 4. I have had them for years (out of production now I think)  they are an unshielded design woven around a tubular hollow core. I really like there transparency but VERY unforgiving if all is not well.

Speaker cables are Van den hull 102 hybrid. I have to say that they are ok but I have tried better. Problem is I also have 4 x 6m runs to wire up so good stuff tends to get very expensive. Now your copper cables are on the cards as soon as I have carpet down in the room where I listen. At the moment we have tiles and I am not convinced enamel on wires will last long on this surface  unhappy

Thanks for doing the test for "tape hiss", knowing it was not a normal situation really helped in getting the problem solved.

Cheers,

N

Audio PC

Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:33:39 am »

Nick - I also have 4 x 6m runs of speaker cable. The home made copper speaker cables are good for copper but silver was significantly better when I tried it (but then the bybees more than wiped out that difference). So not sure if they will be as good as your van den hull - still for £30 it is worth a try. I may well have to come past your area in the New Year so maybe I could bring mine speaker cables in for you to try (there is a lot work in making them).

As far as enamel is concerned the biggest problem I found is getting the stuff off - dressing the ends of the wires is a pain. The enamel is very tough. I used TechFlex to cover the exposed parts of my cables just for cosmetic reasons I am confident that it would protect your cables on tiles - and TechFlex is cheap. 

P

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 11:46:48 am »

I may well have to come past your area in the New Year so maybe I could bring mine speaker cables in for you to try (there is a lot work in making them).

Paul your very welcome to drop in, and thanks for offering to bring you cables over. If you get some idea on dates drop me a pm and we can get set up.

Cheers,

Nick.

Audio PC

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:00 pm »

Nick, it is not commonly known, but you shouldn't sell your car in the mean time.
(yea, to me)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: