XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 12:59:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buglist as per September 13, 2007  (Read 44746 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 12:52:33 pm »

My contribution, including some already mentioned:

1. Buttons for previous and next track selection.

2. Larger area of the screen for album cover image.

3. When a track is playing it seems protected from other operations. For instance if you hit 'clear', all tracks go except that one. It is a bit fussy having to hit stop first.

4. My biggest frustration is in selecting all tracks on an album to play from my hard drive.

The current operation is a) find the album folder on my hard drive storage, b) click on it to drop down all the track titles, c) click/hold and drag over all the tracks to select them d) hit open to transfer to XXHighend.

It would be really good to have a single button operation to select the total album - perhaps a drag and drop of the album folder (hence my interest in cue files). Perhaps this is not possible.

Chris,

1. Buttons for previous and next track selection.

I don't understand this. These buttons are just there from the beginning. So what do you mean, please ?

3. When a track is playing it seems protected from other operations. For instance if you hit 'clear', all tracks go except that one. It is a bit fussy having to hit stop first.

This is by design ...
It allows you to get bored from a current Playlist, but allow the current track to finish neatly.
BUT, this does not quite workout as intended, because currently (in fact, always so far) when you operate it like I proposed (let that playing track neatly finish), that playing track will repeat again. And *this* is on the bug list.
I could allow for pressing Clear twice though, so at a second time that playing track would stop playing and disappear from the Playlist Area.

4. My biggest frustration is in selecting all tracks on an album to play from my hard drive.

... Which most probably is because you don't know how to do it ?
So, indeed selecting a complete folder currently does not work. That will be in there though. However :
What you currently should do is :
Use Explorer to find your albums. Go into the album folder. Select the tracks you want (ctrl-click, ctrl-shift-click, etc.), and DRAG them onto the Playlist Area.
Remember, use Explorer.

(hence my interest in cue files).

No, you really would not want that. Why ? because the very first thing you canNOT do then, is select (individual !) tracks from a general means, like Explorer.
XX will solve that for you in due time.

If it's not clear, please call again !

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 01:27:30 pm »

Regarding the cover art it would be nice to be able to stretch the player even more so that I can show the cover art larger than possible now. Most of my jpg's are 500x500 pixels...and it would look nice if all not needed information could be hided behind one of the tabs (more space left for the cover art and playlist.

Hi Bert,

Maybe a tad more difficult ...
Are you sure you have *and* 500x500 pictures *and* you can use them usefully ? What I mean is this :

When I scan a cover at 96dpi (which would be a normal monitor resolution), my pictures "become" 450 x 450 (or in that area, like 457 x 457). Note that this gives a 1:1 physical picture size, hence at measuring at the monitor (uhhm, 1280x1040) they will be egually large to the physical cover.

Of course I could make a 500x500 picture, but not without teaking the dpi. And if I do that, IMO things can't be 1:1 reproduced on the monitor (no matter what size you drag the picture, the dpi is wrong -> conversion).

In the end I don't bother because the cover will display as large as it is told, but since you would be very close to the 1:1 physical size, it would IMO be better to make it the real physical size (coming close to 12x12cm at 96dpi). Make it bigger and the scanner will extrapolate (or at it being bigger, interpolate, whatever).

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Chris V
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 01:38:47 pm »

Buttons for previous and next track selection.
I don't understand this. These buttons are just there from the beginning. So what do you mean, please ?

You know after all this time and I didn't even notice them there whistle Probably because I am conditioned to seeing them alongside 'play', 'pause' 'stop' etc

I could allow for pressing Clear twice though, so at a second time that playing track would stop playing and disappear from the Playlist Area.

That would be good good

... Which most probably is because you don't know how to do it ?
So, indeed selecting a complete folder currently does not work. That will be in there though. However :
What you currently should do is :
Use Explorer to find your albums. Go into the album folder. Select the tracks you want (ctrl-click, ctrl-shift-click, etc.), and DRAG them onto the Playlist Area.
Remember, use Explorer.

Well thats sorted that out, I wasn't using Explorer  oops- thanks

Music on external hard drive with own power supply. Brains of the system is a Raspberry Pi running Moode Audio. The RPI has dedicated Longdog audio linear power supply.
Signal passes first to SW1X Signature USB to SPDIF  converter
Then to SW1X Signature DAC
Then to Stevens and Billington TVC
Then to modified vintage triode amplifier
Then to open baffle speakers with vintage alnico drivers. Grundig tweeter, Saba Greencone midrange, Altec 416 VOTT base.
Everything is silver wired including mains and speaker cables
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 02:30:31 pm »

In the end I don't bother because the cover will display as large as it is told, but since you would be very close to the 1:1 physical size, it would IMO be better to make it the real physical size (coming close to 12x12cm at 96dpi). Make it bigger and the scanner will extrapolate (or at it being bigger, interpolate, whatever).

My covers are 200DPI but still 500x500 pixels and that is what my screen is built on.....pixels, regardless the resolotion used.

Any program shows these pictures when 100% using 500x500 pixels on my screen, should not be an issue which resolution is used. With plain text yes, then the resolution counts...

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47:26 pm »

Start printing photo's ... then you'll get the grasp of it.
Or print your covers, one with 96dpi and one with 200. Both 500x500 ...

But never mind.  Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 05:40:54 pm »

I was just thinking, in the case of people wanting larger album pictures.... maybe a TAB (like the playlist, settings... tabs) that you'd click and it would show nothing but a larger picture of the album playing.... then maybe keep the playlist tab as is??  I dunno, I don't care much about it; my screen shuts off after a min of nonuse, which pretty much is the case when listening to music.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 06:13:09 pm »

Start printing photo's ... then you'll get the grasp of it.

I have no intention to print the cover arts as photo's on paper. So why is this related to XX showing my cover arts larger on screen at moments I like to see them enlarged (500x500 pixels) with high quality and still sharp?

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 04:32:28 am »

I wish for playback of bigger files than 64MB in Engine #1. My opsys of choice is still XP Pro and will be that for some time. As an IT Technician, Vista has so many problems/flaws still that it will be a long time before I will install it. Typical playback length of  e.g. Gregorian Chorus songs is often around 7-8-9 minutes in length.

So, XP Pro it is. And in XP the best SQ from the player is in Engine #1 with 44.1Khz output digitally to an external DAC. A little troublesome with the "can't play files bigger than 64MB" error message, click to remove it and start on the next song.

Should not think that increasing the max file size to e.g. 128 or 256MB should be a big problem? Updating some programing matrix setup maybe?

Just my 2 cents worth & biggest wish item as one of your paying customers...incredible SQ from the player, btw! Congrats on a fine product! Keep up the good work! Happy

The 64MB is a limitation of official MS signed drivers (XP only !); Engine#2 goes around that (but with different further features and different SQ).

If you are really into listening to music, you really really should move to Vista. When you'd use the PC for music playback only, it's no big deal really.
Note that the different SQ from Vista is not a coincidence; in there Vista-only features are used which explicitly allow for the much better SQ.
MUCH better. Please try it.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 01:52:34 pm »

Hi Peter,

During listening to the 0.9k version I have got two times a dotnet error message. See attachment. Music was still playing. I have not seen this error in any other version of XX.

Regards, Johan

* error_dotnet.jpg (27.73 KB, 445x176 - viewed 807 times.)

* error_dotnet_2.jpg (63.6 KB, 640x480 - viewed 719 times.)

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 03:17:25 pm »

Moving tracks within the playlist to another position shows an error (all the time). It moves the track well though...

SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 06:19:09 pm »

When using CUE file to play Björk albums (I have 4) the load times between songs is greater than 30 secs.  I'm guessing this is because of diacritical marks.  Of course if I load the single wav file the gaps between songs are correct.  I'm going to try taking out diacritical marks one at a time in her name in the cue file info and see if that helps correct... it may be as simple as that?  I don't think I have many albums with diacritical marks ... we'll see.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 06:56:04 pm »

That would be true ...
In that case for each track the whole album has to be reloaded ...

It can be smarter, but at the time I had been more busy with it than I thought in advance. So to be honest I thought "let it be for now; other things must have more prio currently".
Remember, if you load the album (the large WAV) into the Playlist Area by means of the Library button, it will be treated as if it were no cue file ...

sorry

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 07:25:21 pm »

That would be true ...
In that case for each track the whole album has to be reloaded ...

It can be smarter, but at the time I had been more busy with it than I thought in advance. So to be honest I thought "let it be for now; other things must have more prio currently".
Remember, if you load the album (the large WAV) into the Playlist Area by means of the Library button, it will be treated as if it were no cue file ...

sorry

Yes, no big deal for me.  Here is what I did for one of her albums to get around wait time and still use cue to get to song list.
1) Took out diacritical marks in single wav file name.
2) Took out diacritical marks in cue file name.
3) Took out diacritical marks in wav file name cue file references so it can find the single wav.
4) and here's the surprise: Took out diacritical marks in folder name files are under.

As a side side note... What do you think about adding "Name of Artist" and "Album Name" along with song title to each for each album info... would be helpful when I start mixing up songs from various albums.  As it is now with CUE file play I just see the song titile.
Kinda like this:
02. Miracle Fortress - [Five Roses #02] Have You Seen In Your Dreams
(example name from how foobar handles it)
 Thanks PeterSt.

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »

and here's the surprise: Took out diacritical marks in folder name files are under.

Oops, sorry, wanted to tell that. Furthermore it would be about the album title; I did not try it, but I don't thing the tracknames would matter (not with cue files).

About your ideas : yes, obviously. But I'd rather wait with that until those kind of things can be added to the album (and track) data anyway.
Which it will in near future ...

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 07:34:22 pm »

Moving tracks within the playlist to another position shows an error (all the time). It moves the track well though...

Hmm
Using CUE to see song titles, I get an error too when moving song titles.  But when I try to move the song, along with the error, it replaces the song title with the album's whole wav in the new place I moved it.

I haven't seen any of the other errors people are reporting... yet.  I'll let you know if I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: