XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tube rolling without tubes  (Read 18433 times)
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:35 am »

During 20 years I used valve (or tube) amplification until I was tired of tube rolling looking for the "perfect sound". Then I decided to live with the imperfection and to work less. So I took the solid state route, I went even further and got sticked to the class D amplification. I´m happy with the sound, spend less money and now listen to more music than before, but...but the old tube sound, once in a while, knocks at my door. I found a way to open this door and let the tube sound come in. How? By changing the SFS values.

Based on boleary´s settings, which for me and so far are the best settings I´ve ever tested, I tried different SFS values, from the minimum 350 to the maximum 430 - the latter was the value Peter used for the NOS1 (no USB).

The boleary setting with a SFS value of 350 in my system produces a sound that I would call "exact", what I mean is that it is a sound with no frills, great sound but a bit dry for my taste.

Increasing the SFS to the maximum of 430 (I could reach even 500 but that´s too much of everything) the sound is a little dense, thick, it is like if you use something like a WE300B in combination with other sweet tubes, nice sound but too colored. Nothing against the 300B or other tubes in a well implemented amplifier, just as an example.

Going down in the SFS setting I´ve found that the best sound is around 7 to 10 points above the 350 boleary value. So, for example, with 360 I found a sound that´s natural, well delineated with great soundstage and not at all aggressive.

All in all a great way to rolling tubes without tubes.

Juan
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:05:31 am by juanpmar » Logged

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:04:04 am »

rofl

I have a similar one coming up, but I will post that in its own topic.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51:52 pm »

Hey Juan, thanks for the acknowledgement! Just so you guys know, I do some other things pretty well too--like driving cars. So, if anyone ever needs to know the best line or entrance speed into your favorite twisties, I'd be happy to show you how to drive a Blue (NOS 1) NSX or Ferarri! Ha!

On a more serious note, here's my initial thoughts that I posted on SFS back in August of 2010:

With vocals, Leonard Cohen, Dylan, Patty Griffin, Eva, Dianna,  etc., the "correct" setting changes for each singer depending on the volume level. Take a singer and turn the volume to a moderate level. Here, on my system, setting the split file size to 12 does sound very good, but, turn the volume up to very loud and everything sounds way too detailed and etched, like a too sharpened digital photo. Keeping the sound very loud, turn the split file size up to between 80 and 200 (depending on the vocalist) and it sounds very pleasing again, though it looses some detail it sounds very realistic.

Its interesting that reducing the size at loud volumes initially sounds "best" but it soon becomes fatiguing. In a way, the split file size acts like a master tone control: reducing it makes all ranges, low, mid and high,  sharper and more revealing, thus for moderate volume it sounds "best"; increasing it, at very high volumes, rounds all ranges off and makes them feel more pleasing. Give it a try........and let me know if I've lost my mind......

Peter has dramatically changed XX since this post and SFS's are much larger and need to be changed (here) way less often, but I agree with Juan that it is very much like tube rolling when you get the itch to play with XX settings!

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »

NOS tube rolling ...

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 02:42:04 pm »

It´s really interesting how the sound changes as you get up or down the volume. I haven´t associated it to the SFS size however, but probably boleary is right. Hey, you´re really an expert in SFS and volume control and not only driving blue cars!.

By the way, take a look at the car, ok it´s not a blue car and I have not money enough to buy one, but a few laps on the track were not bad at all...

Peter, yes, NOS tube rolling, what else!

* 110716 061 [1280x768].JPG (156.92 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 1304 times.)

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:44 pm »

Thanks, juanpmar!  thankyou

One of the most useful comments I've seen lately, regarding the numerous settings in XX!

-I have to admit that I have lost track of how all the settings work, and which one to choose. Although I have been around here for some years and I own the NOS1 USB, the whole XX concept has become somewhat overwhelming. Work, wife and kids fill up the calender. During the week, my quality time in front of the stereo is limited to only a few hours. I prefer to use those scarce moments listening to music, rather than testing out, rebooting and A-B'ing the same track for an hour. I wish there was an updated "quick setup guide" for XX. Maybe it cannot be done. Perhaps not, due to the variety of PCs in use.

PS: Although Peter is living by a lake, it would take a miracle for this message in a bottle to reach him. But I am a patient man. I have time to wait.  whistle

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
andreitour
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:48 am »

I had a tv that had a picture quality setup wizard that was awesome

instead of showing the color values, it just had the user make a series of choices:

"which picture do you prefer": (using identical images with different values applied, side by side)

a or b

and it used images that for each setting, emphasized the effects

maybe a similar setup "wizard", could be arranged for sound quality. using samples for each setting that emphasized the effect being altered at first,

then allowing the user to run specific music through the wizard
a tune/eq on the fly sort of deal

the ability to have track specific setting, and save to user selectable presets

I'm sure once the actual engine is done (like anything is ever done) being developed then the interface is the next thing to dial in

love your work peter

disclaimer: (I am an admitted tube roller, waiting for a matched quad of Gold Lion KT-88's to arrive any day)

dedicated XXHighEnd PC: Amd Phenom II x6, 16GB 1600mhz DDR3, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on SSD, M-AUDIO - Audiophile 192, Bryston 3B-ST, Focal Cobalt 815
sinister
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 05:20:27 am »

IMHO The sound of tube amplifiers (DHT SE) operating on horns - the best ever.

Renaissance-25SE

Single-ended tube integrated amplifier with output stage of the legendary directly heated triode GM70. This model is the quintessence of the principles of creating uncompromising High-End amplifier and carries the idea of the revival of this High-End Audio. Development lasted ten years, during which have been tried all possible options for circuit design of tube amps using the best components. The result has been found ideal scheme and its implementation.

* _7975295933.jpg (153.91 KB, 1100x688 - viewed 1169 times.)

W7 Ultimate x64 SP1->XXHighEnd (09-z7-4, #3 Engine, PlayerPrio-Low/ThreadPrio-Realtime, Clock Resolution[0,5ms], DAC is 24/44,1, SFS 12MB, Memory Organization [Straight Contiguous], Q1,2,3,4,5 - 1,0,0,0,0)->Creative Titanum HD (Audio Creation Mode, Enable Bit-Matched)->2x(SE GM70->Horn)+(500W Mono ClassD Module->Horn Sub)+Plasma Speakers. SilverAudioDesign - www.svpremvs.cc
sinister
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 05:22:45 am »

Carnival Ultra

Horn speaker system with plasma high-frequency transducer. The final stage of High-End audio channel must have the highest resolution and clarity, which can not be achieved without the following principles: high sensitivity, the maximum dynamic range and bandwidth frequency response, minimal distortion. All this can be implemented only in large, full horn systems with plasma high frequency emitters. Carnival Ultra system fully complies with the principles outlined above and reaches the level of art in music reproduction.

* _4796744004.jpg (139.43 KB, 1100x688 - viewed 1184 times.)

W7 Ultimate x64 SP1->XXHighEnd (09-z7-4, #3 Engine, PlayerPrio-Low/ThreadPrio-Realtime, Clock Resolution[0,5ms], DAC is 24/44,1, SFS 12MB, Memory Organization [Straight Contiguous], Q1,2,3,4,5 - 1,0,0,0,0)->Creative Titanum HD (Audio Creation Mode, Enable Bit-Matched)->2x(SE GM70->Horn)+(500W Mono ClassD Module->Horn Sub)+Plasma Speakers. SilverAudioDesign - www.svpremvs.cc
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 01:28:24 pm »

Hi pedal, thanks for your kind words.
I recommend you to use the boleary settings and play a little with the SFS, that´s it!.
I wouldn´t look further, as I said before these settings are terrific and you (and everybody else) can take advantage of the work made by boleary, mostly if you want to enjoy the short time you have to listen music.

Hey boleary
Peter has dramatically changed XX since this post and SFS's are much larger and need to be changed (here) way less often, but I agree with Juan that it is very much like tube rolling when you get the itch to play with XX settings!
Yes, but still there is a change in the SQ if you maintain the SFS fixed and change the volume. As you know, varying both things at the same time to find the best sound for each song is time consuming and tiring.
Since I found your (boleary) settings I use them with just the slight SFS change I´ve mentioned, and I use it all the time with all the music and I´m very satisfied.
However I´m in the waiting list for the NOS1 USB upgrade and then all will be easier and even better (I hope), which is to say a lot!.

Hi sinister,

I´m sure those are fantastic components.

The final stage of High-End audio channel must have the highest resolution and clarity, which can not be achieved without the following principles: high sensitivity, the maximum dynamic range and bandwidth frequency response, minimal distortion.

I can agree with this words.

All this can be implemented only in large, full horn systems with plasma high frequency emitters.
I can´t agree with this words, sorry. Like many things in life there are different ways to get there.

Juan

sinister
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »

I can´t agree with this words, sorry. Like many things in life there are different ways to get there.

Hi juanpmar,

All types of speaker systems except for the horn narrow dynamic range, resolution and e.t.c., a large sizes derived from the laws of physics. If you want a really highest quality sound then the horns, there is no competition. Plasma high frequency emitters have also shown their superiority over all others, you can check yourself.

Interesting site: http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

sinister
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 02:41:23 pm »

Another in a series of SAD:

Grand Opera

Horn speaker system with plasma high-frequency transducer Grand Opera is designed to sound great interiors. This speaker system has a terrific sound and dimensions (1300x1324x2800mm). This top model series will transmit full scale symphony orchestra, the best opera houses and concerts. It is recommended to build a home theater and stereo systems at the highest level.

* _1400924966.jpg (124.73 KB, 1100x688 - viewed 1114 times.)

sinister
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

Grom

Horn Subwoofer Grom is intended for use as a bass management in multi-band high-power systems for scoring a large area, can also be a complement to your home system. This unique subwoofer makes the dynamic range of 140dB at 20 Hz. Recommended for all fans of extreme directions of contemporary music.

* _1157184516.jpg (140.13 KB, 1100x688 - viewed 1112 times.)

* 165682_131858330211182_100001610486881_214464_7032612_n.jpg (28.56 KB, 600x408 - viewed 1547 times.)

christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

The final stage of High-End audio channel must have the highest resolution and clarity, which can not be achieved without the following principles: high sensitivity, the maximum dynamic range and bandwidth frequency response, minimal distortion.

I can agree with this words.
[/quote]

Hi,

I do not follow this argument,
everything counts, starting from the source to ....... .
Sh...t in, sh...t out.

Joachim
SlickenSmooth
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 09:29:22 am »

Out of 10 respected ultra high-end experts that you ask 7 will tell you that the Rockport Arrakis is THE ultimate loudspeaker system. Sounds like a Horn with ultra dynamic loudspeaker capabilities. But the speakers this company makes are so without compromises, that I don't recommend anyone buying those without willing to and ga having the financial resources to fully commit themselves. The speakers are like a dynamite, they have SO much energy, that it approaches a real life concert. The downside is obviously.. Your acoustics must be Top notch.. And your components too.. And your cables too.. Haha..

And please wait for the poweramplifiers of Absolare at the end of this year. Unlike all the other companies out there.. This company really holds nothing back and only uses the very best parts (duellund, munchdorf, kondo condesators, etc.). You can easily put it next to Gakuon II at 1/10 of it 's price.. Haha wait till you see and hear.. The modified Mastersounds 845 they did won so many 'Best sound of the show' with the Kaiser Kawero 's. Well these are supposed to be 40% better than those... = me drooling...

Laptop (8gb RAM) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on HDD, XX0.9z-6 on HDD, music on HDD, i5-460 -->
Engine#4 Adaptivel Mode / Q1 = 1 * 2/3/4/5 = 0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = 512)/*ClockRes = 15ms*/*Straight Contiguous*/*SFS = 430*/not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3 @ UnAttended (Do Not Start) /Services Off + No Running Time --> Jkeny Modded Hiface 2.0 -> Devialet D-Premier -> (soon) Kaiser Kawero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: