XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 09:21:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make your audio setup modular  (Read 5519 times)
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« on: October 30, 2011, 10:56:14 am »

[removed the original contents and put in my text below instead]

Roy,

I moved your ridiculous post to somewhere else, until I maybe start appreciating it and move it back.

Peter
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:54:14 am by PeterSt » Logged

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:06:02 pm »

Well I actually made my point here, thank you.

You judge, I can't, you get it.

its indeed uncalled for, ISNT IT
thats all

You actually learned something today, you can leave the bottum part of original post out, its fine this way

sorry this was needed to make my point, now you understand how that feels.

roy

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:37:11 pm »

First:

When 8CH NOS1 is needed is it possible to have actually 2 Nos1's 4ch, just as you are building right now ??

NEXT:

What about using 2 PC's instead of 1 -  1 for left channel 1 for right channel
This way you can and will eliminate all interlinks, speaker cables + later on also almost all Powercables and redux the mains-outputs locations to 2, and dont have to buy strange mobo's with 2 CPU's,double RAM + more choice in mobo!!! , easier on pc when implementing software X-overs, no vga needed, everything is twice as fast.
So you have to buy 2 PC's OK, Just ad up the price of your speakercables and interlinks.
And think of one ring (PC) to rule them all, display, gallery, internet,wifi,portible solutions or the idea of a tablet.
Hell xx can run on any computer any os, no performance is needed.
Put all mains switches in software, so power on everything and power off everything.
volume control will be faster and fills up the task of balance control too.

+ I think now the task is easier to build an (server) OS just for audio, when maybe asking students in Eindhoven.

Let me know what you think of this Peter.......maybe you just say its a stupid idea......i dunno

Just see it as brainstorming an architecturual update as how a system ougth to be, all is there....and twice as fast always
With the idea of always needing 2 places to put your speakers, put the rest there as near as possible in modules, bypass the current audio ouputs and mains input in your equipment.
these tweaks are easely reverseable and can be done locally.

The architecture should be like this:

4 cubes left and 4 cubes right, I can even design those AND have them made, OK you have to do some tweaking to let it all run hardwired.

2 Cube amp
1 cube NOS1
1 Cube PC
(included centralized mains, so no need for power-cables)

Actually i dont need those casings and "impressive" and very costly looking connections.
Who needs them, yea the show-offs.
My idea, When music becomes so real and just as being there, the cheery on top would be in the Q, where is your "equip"??
Answer: It has evolved into a system leaving all snake-oil and marketing out.

If people are interested in having REAL proper CNC custom casing/cubes in all styles and materials.
especially when also using gainclones and such.
As you all might find out already: there are no proper PC casings nor amp casings or NOS 1 casings, forget even fitting it in a certain style.
I have the backdoors in the smartest city in the world, BRAINPORT,DESIGN CITY, EINDHOVEN.

In this case relative small money gets you everything just as you want.

Roy

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: