XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 09:00:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Playlist  (Read 64221 times)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:36 am »

I think of myself as a "varied" listener... as in I like lots of different types:
(my categories on the HD go as follows: classical, children, Christmas, folk/blues, jazz, rock, soundtracks... anyway}
but, I keep coming back to variations of rock so... must still be a kid at 52.  I try not to go back but keep listening for new music all the time,,, but,

My wife grew up in Mazatlan, Mexico and I grew up in California, US and so I've been filling in her gaps of rock music (and she mine of Latin music), so while she rested I thought of some old Led Zeppelin and put the song Rain from Houses of the Holy.  You know I don't think I've played a Led Zeppelin album since having Peter's XXHE, and just wow ... haven't had tears like that for awhile... blame the wine? blame the memories of the parties?

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 11:39:06 pm »

Quote from: SeVeReD
You know I don't think I've played a Led Zeppelin album since having Peter's XXHE, and just wow ... haven't had tears like that for awhile... blame the wine? blame the memories of the parties?
XXHE can do that to you.

PS: I gave Rain a listen tonight, drank a pint and blinked heavily, but couldn't provoke any tears. Guess I miss the memory factor...
BUT through XX and NOS1 it sounds very good, with lots of instrumental details and acoustical information from the recording session. Must be one of the better LZ albums, soundwise.

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 01:49:08 pm »

A small remark about Houses of The Holy;

I never considered this (5th) album as sounding as good as the first four. So I dug in my "collection" on hard disc, and found two versions. One is denoted as "remastered by Barry Diament" and the other says nothing.

The Diament version is, as far as I know, never a remaster, because he did the digital transfer in the first place.
In addition, this Diament version is 1.5dB lower in volume than that other one I have (with the idea that real "remasters" will be more compressed hence show a higher volume).

And to add to the confusement ... that perceived Diament version sounds way strange to me (not good also) compared to that other one. The other one sounds more like the "Diament versions", knowing that Barry did the digital transfer of all of the first 5 albums (there he stopped as far as I know).

The denotation I have with my respective albums most probably is wrong, but the message is : a version exists which does not sound as good as the other.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
gonzalito
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 05:12:40 pm »

Progressive rock jam as its best...

Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Xtreme > SSV Audio PURE Interconnects > Topping TP20 > BlueJeans 5T00UP cables > Accorde Mentor speakers
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 01:53:35 am »

Dear jazz lovers, say hello to Radka Toneff, Norway’s greatest jazz singer. Her career was short. She committed suicide in 1982 at age 30, after the end of a turbulent love life with Arild Andersen (famous bassist who played on most of her records. He’s on ECM, too, BTW).

Some of you might know her from the classic Fairytales album with pianist Steve Dobrogosz, considered to be THE best recorded piano/singer jazz album in the world. (It’s been frequently listed/namedropped in Stereophile, Hi-Fi News, etc).

But today I had a wonderful evening with Radka from one of her other albums. I want to turn your attention to the posthumous album Butterfly, released as late as in 2008.

-First of all the album carries several of her best performances. Secondly, these songs were recorded (individually) by the national broadcasting systems of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. They are practically live recordings, with and without audience. There are few, if any, overdubs or post production. –In short, the sound quality is stunning and with good consistency from song to song, in spite of being recorded on different occasions. You can hear an unusual freshness and directness, not common with regular studio recordings. I guess the honor goes to the TV/Radio broadcasting staff, trying to capture the moment rather than mixing for selling. –This is one of my top ten most realistic recordings. (None of Diana Kralls albums are close to this level of performance or sound quality).

Here is an appetizer from the album on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QAQIWgWesg

It’s a rare album, so hurry up if you wanna buy it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001O12TIA/ref=dm_dp_cdp?ie=UTF8&s=music

* Butterfly.jpg (12.83 KB, 500x451 - viewed 1327 times.)

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
gonzalito
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 05:47:10 am »

Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Xtreme > SSV Audio PURE Interconnects > Topping TP20 > BlueJeans 5T00UP cables > Accorde Mentor speakers
mowa
Audio Loudspeaker

u are what u is

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:52:12 pm »

Earlier i mentioned the Brahms 1st pianoconcerto with Pollini and Thielemann.
I'm a bit dissapointed by the result. Main reason is the lack of chemistry between Pollini and Thielemann. I can't describe what the lack off chemistry is all about. Pollini sounds and plays very good, Thielemann conducting good as expected but somehow they don't fit together. Though the Dresden Orchestra is playing beautifull with their distinct sound. The recording is also very good. For the latter worth listening.

When boleary wants to listen to another new fine Bach keyboardconcerto cd i have 1 more.
The pianist David Fray is new to me also. I've got this cd from my local library to give it a try and i was amazed by the energy wich it was played with.
The only minor thing in this very good sounding recording is perhaps the balance between piano and strings wich not very lucky. Alexandre Tharaud does this better. But Frays youthfull energy and enthousiasm is striking. There is also a dvd available where Fray is in the recording studio preparing recording and playing the concertos.
Both are worth listening/watching. Lately i listen this cd more than Tharaud.
The complete set from Murray Perahia still is first choice overall.

The Bach cd however made me curious what David Fray did more.
The Schubert pieces on this cd is played by every known and unknown pianist on earth.
Like i must play a piece off Bach everyday so one of the Moments Musicaux is on my daily musical diet. Their not very difficult to play for the amateur pianist. But don't makethis mistake. They're easy for the amateur but very difficult for the proffesional. Schubert keeps singing in the deepest misery.
Maybe David Fray does not fully let me hear the inseparable unity between the singing and misery but this was the first time i thought; So, this is how to play this pieces.
Frays formidable technique is capable to show how to play all the fine details hidden in this music. A must have to play daily 1 or 2 pieces.

Because of the Beatifull Bruckner 4 from Haitink i stuck with his late Bruckner for a while. With symphony Nr.5 with the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks Haitink is
surpassing every known recording for me both performance and recording. In the fifth the only competitors are maybe Gunther Wand with the Berliner philharmoniker and Christian Thielemann with the Munich Philharmonic.
I like the Bavarian orchestra in this repertoire even more than the Berlin orchestra. They sound warm and the Munich acoustic is very good.

Despite the same level of performance and very, very good orchestra the Bruckner 7 with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is because of the sound a bit disappointing. Despite that a must have.

Last few weeks i've listen quite a bunch Mahler also.
Haitinks late Mahler performances with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra are also wonderfull but the same problem with the sound make me listen to his older performances with the Berliner Philharmoniker and even his early cycle with the Concertgebouw Orchestra from the sixties/seventies.
His recordings with the Berliner are a must have for Mahler enthusiasts. I still regret he couldn't finisch this cycle. If you're looking for a good Mahler cycle with a good orchestra and good sound the cycle with the Concertgebouw Orchestra and Riccardo Chailly is a good choice for repeated listening. Bernstein on DG sometimes exaggerates to much though is is a must have next to the Chailly box.

A new cycle with the Concertgebouw Orchestra and Maris Jansons is still in process.
But u can enjoy symphony nr.1,2,3,5,6. This performances are top notch with the very well caught Concertgebouw accoustic while the orchestra is playing better than ever before and proofing they are the best orchestra there is.

It's hardly to imaging there is an even better performance from the complete cycle.
But there is..!! Claudio Abbado with the Lucerne Festival Orchestra. A star orchestra coming together each summer on vacation from their duty with orchestras like; Berliner philharmoniker, Wiener philharmoniker, etc. and on first instruments top soloists from all over the world. Only on DVD/blu-ray. Unfortunately dvd's will not play on XXHighend but in return you'll see Abbado and the orchestra in action. Symphony Nr.9 is not in this box but available separately. Symphony nr.8 will appear later this year because it has still to be performed in schedule this season.

A warning is in place here. It's not healthy to listen to much Mahler like i sometimes do. Mahlers' music is a rollercoaster of emotions.

Every year on eastern tradition i'll go to 2 or 3 performances of the Matthäus Passion (st.Matthew passion) This year last friday 23 march was the first of 2. That's why i don't listen the Matthäus Passion on cd very little. In stead i listen very often to the Johannes Passion (st.John Passion)
Bach - St John Passion:
John Elliot Gardiner, soloists, Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists

Everybody allready has his first performance from the late eighties. Considered the best there is. But the best can only be surpassed by Gardiner himself in this performance i've bought april 2011. The compelling direction from Gardiner, outstanding singing, beautifull choir and orchestra makes this Performance is a thrilling experience.
It's a live performance from 2003. Why it's released 8 years later is a mystery to me.
Sound quality; superb.

(Power) Monster HDP 750G Powercenter / Ke-Lo Power cable
(Source) Windows7 Ultimate X64 on Samsung 830 series SSD 128GB, Playback drive: Samsung HD753LJ, Intel Core i5, 8G RAM (Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3T1K2/8GX), ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
(XXHighEnd-09-z6-1) KS: Global / Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Buffer 1024 / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *1*/0/0/0/0 / Scheme-4 / Playerprio = Normal / ThreadPrio = RealTime / Dac: 24bits 96.0K (24 bit only dev.) / Services off , Running Time OSD on / Unattended
(HiFi) Standard USB cable to HRT Music Streamer II+ / QED Qunex 4S / Stax SRS 4040-II + SRM-006t II
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:50 am »

Nice reviews mowa.  Time to get back to serious music listening and find a couple of your albums.

A small remark about Houses of The Holy;

I never considered this (5th) album as sounding as good as the first four. So I dug in my "collection" on hard disc, and found two versions. One is denoted as "remastered by Barry Diament" and the other says nothing.

The Diament version is, as far as I know, never a remaster, because he did the digital transfer in the first place.
In addition, this Diament version is 1.5dB lower in volume than that other one I have (with the idea that real "remasters" will be more compressed hence show a higher volume).

And to add to the confusement ... that perceived Diament version sounds way strange to me (not good also) compared to that other one. The other one sounds more like the "Diament versions", knowing that Barry did the digital transfer of all of the first 5 albums (there he stopped as far as I know).

The denotation I have with my respective albums most probably is wrong, but the message is : a version exists which does not sound as good as the other.

Peter

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Studio-Recordings-Zeppelin/dp/B000002IWP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332820995&sr=8-2
Not that we should be nit picking over SQ of Led Zeppelin albums hehe but, to be clear,,,
The Houses of the Holy album I was listening/referring to is from a 1993 box set remastered by Jimmy Page & George Marino @ Sterling Sound NY.  Got good reviews when it came out.  I also have the Diament version and gave it a listen tonight :/, for one thing the rt/lt channels are reversed, and it sounds more bland & compressed to me. ... I also have a third version,,, but thought it silly to keep comparing.  I'll stick with my box set... which I'll probably listen to in another 10 years.

Going back over some of my early rips reminds me that I didn't always scan info ... just found various pictures from the internet.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
stefanobilliani
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 03:19:29 pm »

A truly modern Pearl of an album .
A masterpiece of contents , songwriting and mixed sounds .

* skye.jpg (15.3 KB, 300x300 - viewed 1130 times.)

May 27 -2013 ,  0.9z-9

W8 pro 64bit, UEFI
sata ahci mode .
i7 (8 cores ) 2600k
RAM : 16Gig
XXHE on OS disk
Music on OS disk
Playback drive on USB3 to 4Gig Pendrive
Mobo USB 3 to Oversampling dac at 2X
KS adaptive , ArcPredict  , dev buffer 1024
Q1=8 , Q5=3 , res 1msec
Minimized OS , stop all services
X-tweaks : 45,100,1,1,1, stable , optimal
Disk Utilization : Split File Size: 120 ,max the same as SFS
Memory Organization : Straight Contiguous
Terje
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

Some quiet hirez jazz on my playlist today.

Jimmy Cobb, Jazz In The Key Of Blue, 24/192, Chesky Records(2009). https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD0090368034465
Beautifully recorded natural sounding ballad jazz. Stressed, play this album.

Tord Gustavsen Ensemble, Restored, Returned. 24/96, ECM (2009), http://www.gubemusic.com/album_18954

* Jimmy Cobb.jpg (57.83 KB, 185x185 - viewed 1107 times.)

* Tord Gustavsen.jpg (48.41 KB, 185x185 - viewed 1137 times.)

Audio pc-I72600 Hyperthreading 8 cores - 3,4GHz-16GB-Win7 office64 - OS and XX on SATA spinning disc - music and coverart on SATA spinning disk - HDD drives outside cabinet on Spiral Groove Strange Attractor feet
XXsetup - Device Xmos audio 2,0 output - Engine4 - ks mode=adaptive - buffer=4096 - dac is 24/192 - at 16 bit dac needs 24 - is Phasure nos1=off - allow phase alignment=off - allow format change=off - disable crack detection=off - 96 or 192KHz only=off - decode HDCD=on - Q1,2,3,4,5=30,0,0,0,0 - xQ1=1 - prossessor core app= Scheme3-playerprio=low-threadprio=realtime-clockres=0,5ms - noXTweaks - SFS=120 - Mx=120 -  SFS120mB - memory organisation=straight contiguous - max same as sfs=off - ionclude garbage coll=off - start playback during conversion=off - do not start playback at all=off - Copy to XX drive by standard=off - Stop desktop services=on - Stop remaning services=on - Stop wasapi services=on - stop all services=on - keep lan services=off - keep pan services=off - keep wifi direct services=off - use remote desktop=off - memory off at unattended=off - running time osd=off - osd text=off - as progress bar=off - dont do anything with coverart=off - show as wallpaper=off - show back=off - at attended=off - show mirrorback=on
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 06:03:55 am »

Well, here I go again.

Saw this guy at the Troubadour a week ago.  omg I was blown away.  wow just a wall of guitar sound... wish my system could sound like this live performance... but really, it does pretty well.  Thank you Peter.  Does distorted guitar sound need SQ... yes... yes it does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOHGE_dxVo

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 01:36:25 pm »

Does distorted guitar sound need SQ... yes... yes it does.

I have always said that;
It will sound impossible to most, but when a distortion guitar is played with some real decent SQ, it is so beautifully full with air. Like ZZ Top's guitars.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »

I´d like to post here some of the albums of my collection that I like most . Some are well known, others probably not so.
It's a classification based and rated just on personal taste. I rate the list for sound and music as:
S*: Good
S**: Very Good
S***: Excellent
Same for music but with the letter M.

They are in the list in no special order.

Zoot Sims. Smooth and Intimate.
S***. M***
http://www.amazon.com/Quietly-There-Plays-Johnny-Mandel/dp/B000000YZG

Boulevard des slows Vol.1
S***. M**
Recopilation from different artists.
http://www.musicme.com/Compilation/Boulevard-Des-Slows-(Vol.1)-5099746692124.html

Man in the long black coat - Barb Jungr sings Bob Dylan
S***. M**
http://www.linnrecords.com/recording-man-in-the-long-black-coat.aspx

La Passione. Chris Rea
S***. M***
http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Passione-Chris-Rea/dp/B00000AOSY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1334748529&sr=8-4

Cristina Branco
Murmurios
S**. M***
http://www.amazon.com/Murmurios-Cristina-Branco/dp/B0000253HZ/ref=sr_1_13?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334750865&sr=1-13
S**. M***

Cristina Branco
Canta Slauerhoff
S***.M***
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canta-Slauerhoff-Cristina-Branco/dp/B00006691P/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334751025&sr=1-10

Frank Zappa. The Yellow Shark
S***.M**
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Yellow-Shark-Frank-Zappa/dp/B0000009VU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334751197&sr=1-1

Jazz a Saint-Germain. Various Artists
S***. M**
http://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Saint-Germain-Angelique-Kidjo/dp/B000009RNT

Mi Buenos Aires Querido. Barenboim
S***.M***
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piazzolla-Mi-Buenos-Aires-querido/dp/B001EZDIWW/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk_alt

Michel Petrucciani. Both worlds
Sound***.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Both-Worlds-Michel-Petrucciani/dp/B0000061VC

Joan Manuel Serrat. Cansiones
Sound***.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Cansiones-Joan-Manuel-Serrat/dp/B00004YLN8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334752495&sr=1-1

Smooth Jazz Festival
S***.M**
http://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Jazz-Festival-Various-Artists/dp/B0009G3B1U/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334752602&sr=1-1

Tony Rich. Words
S***.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Words-The-Tony-Rich-Project/dp/B0000013GL/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334752724&sr=1-1

Sadao Watanabe. Elis
S***.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Elis-Sadao-Watanabe/dp/B000002H6G

I´ll post some more of my favorits once in a while.

I hope you like it!

Best regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 05:22:51 pm »

I post here a list of some of my favorits classical music albums:

Schubert - The Final Sessions Volume 1 - Claudio Arrau
Powerful D.894. You can listen Arrau breathing while playing the piano.
S**.M***
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/2465499/a/Claudio+Arrau+-+The+Final+Sessions+Volume+1+-+Schubert.htm

Jan Sibelius. Symphonies 1 & 4. LSO. Sir Colin Davis
No 4 is my favorit Sibelius symphony. Enigmatic, can be relaxing or threatening.
S***. M***
http://lso.co.uk/page/3313/Sibelius-Symphonies-Nos-1-and-4/138

Chopin: Etudes Op.10 and Op.25. Maurizio Pollini. Testament
Great performance and piano sound
S***.M***
http://www.testament.co.uk/shop/product/sbt1473.aspx

Schumann, Grieg: Piano Concertos. Murray Peraia. BRSO Colin Davis.
S**.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Schumann-Grieg-Concertos-Murray-Perahia/dp/B0000026PL

Mozart: String Quintets K 515 & 516. Tokio String Quartet
Pace and rythm
http://www.allmusic.com/album/mozart-string-quintets-k-515-516-w56694

Verdi: Messa da Requiem /Quattro Pezzi Sacri. Giulini
Magnificent
S**.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Verdi-Messa-Requiem-Quattro-Pezzi/dp/B00005AVMO

Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 " Emperor ". Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli. Guilini. W.S.
Imho the best "Emperor" ever. Michelangeli sensibility is pure emotion.
S**.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Piano-Concerto-No-Emperor/dp/B00000E3FN

Strauss: Four Last Songs. Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. Solti. L.S.O.
I´m never tired of listening Im Abemdrot. Schwarzkopf, one of the best voices ever.
S*.M***
http://www.amazon.com/Strauss-Songs-Orchestral-Recordings-Century/dp/B00000GCAE

I hope you enjoy it!

Best regards,
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »

Title no 4 - MILESTONE -

I was very astonished to hear such a tune from Miles Davis.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00704U5JA/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk4

* Milestone.jpg (19.4 KB, 300x300 - viewed 949 times.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:53:10 am by christoffe » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: