XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 05:15:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get ready ? (0.9z-7)  (Read 41651 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 12:39:47 pm »

0.9z-7... will be the largest upgrade ever anyway.

Hey Peter, I hope I speak for the majority of XX users...

I would be more than happy to pay a new license fee for 0.9z-7. It just seems to me that this is not an 'update' but a major 'new release'. Even if you don't want to force all existing users to pay for a new license, I personally would be happy to do so voluntarily as a gesture of how much I appreciate all the work you've put into this. Unless you're in any way offended by my suggestion, I will make a payment into the Phasure PayPal account.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »

Dear Mani,

You actually can't guess how close you are to my own thoughts where your good reason of all the work is only one relatively small part of it, and the other is a kind of "secret". But, you just gave me a nice opportunity to vent about it a little without saying what it really is about. But to summarize what I *can* express, it is about these things anyway :

I dove into too many items which (apparently) needed explicit attention lateron. An example could be the kind of hard work on those "dongles" thing, while it only can work with guidance which needs days to compose by itself.

I don't know how it happened, but all major parts (each taking months to finish) suddenly need those extensive descriptions. This, while really none has been there so far, and close to one-liner Release Notes could do.

It looks like I have been too mart or something, and created "generic" features, which don't even allow myself to explore them, let alone it can be layed out how they exactly work. Actually it is the opposite of how things should be : no buttons, no dials, and just press Play which doesn't need any manual.

Creating something which finally allows remote control is nice, but when extended to iPad/Andoid stuff, I clearly see that that is a world within itself, and things like selecting a good app for the Android is/was only the beginning. I appeared to be a co-operation between that app and what it lacks, and what thus must be in "our" software to really accomplish the job nicely. It even goes as far that (when not careful) other soft-keyboard apps are needed, and selecting them in theory takes a day, without installing even one for testing. When that is done it needs the hyperlinks and the advice about settings and stuff. This, while I am not even clear about the settings of the selected "RDP" app itself, because again it co-oporates with our software.
Suddenly all lights in all tunnels have become very far away.

A most major part of XXHighEnd is so new that it really will need maybe 20 pages of explanation to start with it. None of this has been done yet, and I feel like leaving out the functionality, rather.

When I said two weeks back that I may be needing 1-2 hours for explicit tablet operation, I was wrong because since then I spent all my time on it (but almost finished now). And yes I em enhusiast about it, but clearly I don't know what I'm starting - like all the elements for this version. So, Nobel Prize stuff worked within a day, but took hundreds and hundreds of hours to have it working for "you". How could I know, and how could I stop with it.

BTW, DSD playback *is* a subject I was to wise to cut it for the time being. So that too took a couple of weeks, but I just had to stop because I saw it was postponing 0.9z-7. Ehm, I think this was last December.

CRAZY

No, I am not complaiing at all, but I took up just too many subjects which all looked easy to accomplish, while by some stupid accident all were not. And as you know Mani, for sheer psycholicial reasons I should be doing some other things first. Yes, that is since November already. Like you need to paint your house and postponing that will let it collapse soon. So, something like that, and this bothers.

But why it is so convenient for me that your brought up the subject like you did ? well, because I *need* another means of licensing the product and I don't know how to do it other than let people obtain it again *or* be burried under uncountable emails and a manual procedure. I wrote 50-60 pages about how to approach this and at this time I still don't know how to do it. I have in my mind that if there's one time to get rid of this ever lasting beta stuff it is now, but for legal reasons I should jump to version 2.0 right away. Why ? well, you all payed for 1.xx - never mind it has been 0.xx so far. In the mean time though I am technically not able to let people upgrade for an upgrade price and let new customers pay a full price. Or maybe I can, but then I have to work out *that* and this is not only theoretical paper work, but needs to be programmed as well. So, again another job to finish and it can't go without it.
In the mean time I rather finish the tablet operation because I can see what to do there.

All 'n all I am smiling at the title of this topic, and now wonder who should have been prepared for 0.9z7 or whatever.
ME !

Hey, I guess this comes across somewhat sad, but I really am not; I love to do this all. It is only that the more I finish the more descriptions it needs and the further away things get. Haha.

Thank you Mani and all, for your thoughtfulness.
Peter

PS: And how to come up with an out of beta version without a decent manual ? See, all I do is create more "problems".

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 04:01:31 pm »

Hi Mani,

I am in complete agreement with your suggestion. Let us show our appreciation for the innumerable painstaking hours spent by Peter to bring joy to our passion.

Though this would only be drop in the ocean but its the thought that counts.

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »

Hi Mani,

I agree too. I had so much pleasure the last months I can not say it with simple words.

Georg

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:21 pm »

Hmmm...

Well, I suspect my suggestion will sound naive and is probably not practical, but why not consider 'XX 2.0' a totally new product? Everyone pays a new full license for it. If people don't want or can't afford to do this, that's fine - they just stick with 0.9z-6 (which you can continue to support for bug fixes).

I'd go further and start charging for major upgrades too - e.g. if/when DSD playback is introduced...

This isn't really about money, it's more about 'value'. Anyone who's taken the time to truly explore XX's current capability knows it's head and shoulders above anything else right now. God only knows (well, Peter too!) how far the new version will take the SOTA of computer playback. This has a value to music lovers far in excess of the €100-€200 (or whatever) the new license might cost.

And I for one feel almost embarrassed that I've not had to pay a penny for any upgrades these last few years.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
esimms86
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

I also fully agree with Mani's suggestion of paying for a new licensing fee. The previous fee was 72 euros but I wonder if even that is enough considering all of the R&D that has gone into the making of the revamped XXHE. I also expect that there will be a fee for purchasing a new app from the Apple store for connecting XXHE to the iPad(I don't have an Android device so I can't speak for that platform). In any event, I would gladly pay both fees.

Esau

2010 mac mini running Windows 7 Professional N 64bit *SP1* and XXHE on SSD in Boot camp mode, mac os x Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus also on SSD, music on  separate 2 Tb firewire La Cie HD / 8 Gb RAM/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 170 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3/ *Minimize OS = On*  / 24/768 Phasure/Is Phasure NOS1/ NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Marantz PM KI Pearl amplifier ->Gallo Strada/Gallo TR3 subwoofer
TimDH
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:00 pm »

I too appreciate all the time that Peter evidently takes to make XXHighEnd better.  I'm happy to pay for a new license. 

One idea: for a manual it might actually be better to have editors besides Peter. It's not only your English, Peter! It's that you're very close to the product and it would be good to have some of it written by users.  I wonder if there could be a wiki and/or Google/Dropbox set of documents that at least some users could edit and develop once 0.9z-7 is released.
Robert
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 11:40:40 pm »

Perhaps release beta to your close trusted supporters to assist you in writing instructions.

I can see the issue, first for a newcomer to get there head around what you have created then to write it into understandable instructions is tricky. It is better from you but this task is almost to big alone.

Or just release it and let everyone go mad.

If the sonic difference is big then V2 is in order new fee.

Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 12/24 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~997MHz, 48GB, W10, Pro64, Ver 14393, No updates,
XXhighend Ver 2.11a, Ram OS, Settings:Q1/-/3/4/5 = *14*/-/*0*/*0*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max *10.13*) / Disable Cracks Off / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 62 / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Custom Filtering *Low* (16x)
Music on LAN, Phasure Lush^3 USB cable
Oppo 205 UDP Dac
Nordost Heimdall II interconnects and Nordost Heimdall II Power Cords, Audioquest power cords
Minidsp Flex digital 2 way Crossover 167hz
Unity Audio Boulder MKI Active Monitors x 2
JLAudio 12 Active Subs x 2
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 12:07:34 am »

I, as anyone else, appreciate Peter´s work and also I´m conscious that he´s receiving little financial reward in return. I wonder even if that exhausting work situation is sustainable without a proper financial support. What I can say is that any decision Peter takes in this regard will have my support.

Best regards,
Juan
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:31:52 pm by juanpmar » Logged

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 01:03:45 am »

Hi Guys,

I am fully aligned with this thought. It's time for Peter to commercialize this state-of-the-art product to niche market in an aggressive way.

Any marketing expert around in this forum? I am sure we are more than happy to be of help (if Peter needs one).

Product segmentation- basic XXHE (refined version of 0.9 z-6),  XXHE Plus (noble prize version), future add on, etc.

Pricing strategy - entry pricing to tap wider customer base, premium pricing for nich market, consumer vs professional licensing , etc.

Aggressive promotion campaign

Just my two cents.

Best regards,
Praphan

PC: Asus X58 chipset M/B; Seasonic 850W PSU; i7 970 12 threads (HT=on); ATI HD 5770; Zalman Reserator water cooling, 24GB RAM, Plextor PX230A drive ; W7 Pro 64bit plain SP1 (no further update) and XXHE on Velociraptor; music on Sata 3 2 TB HDD; WD5003ABYX sits on Thermaltake USB3 dock as playback drive; Star Tech PCIe USB3 card

XX 0.9z-8-3a : KS Engine 4 "Adaptive"; DB = 4096; APx16; Q1/2/3/4/5 = 14x1/0/0/0/0; No Appointment/low/real time; CR = 0.5 ms; XTweaks Ultimate; SC; SFS= 120/120 ; allow format change; unattended ; min OS and stop "all" services; normalized volume usually played at -15db ;  peak extension on ; PA off

Signal chain: 24/786 NOS1 USB; 16 ms buffer on driver 1.0.2 => Valhalla XLR IC = > McIntosh 2301 tube monoblocks => Purist Dominus spk cable => B&W 802 D
listening
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:16 am »

Hi Praphan,

that's not possible in the short-term, I believe. But another aspect: I always liked Peter's approach to deliver the bare and well thought function in contrast to the comfort of the user interface or modularity. It's the best Peter gives us. If commercializing means more eye-cathing features and comfort instead of functionality - I would missa lot  Wink   

Georg

XXHE 2.10 - PC ASUS Sabertooth X99, passive Cooling / Seasonic P-400FL Platin / Core I7 6800K 6/12 cores scalable @1.2GHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Stop Desktop, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On
(Settings currently not stable)

USB3 from MoBo -> 2m Belkin -> Intona (Standard) with external power supply -> Clairixia cable
USB3 from MoBo -> 0,5m Belkin USB3 -> ALLDAQ ADQ-USB 3.0-ISO-PS with external power supply -> 2m Belkin USB2 cable

-> WaveIO to dddac1794 or to Soekris DAM1021
-> SMSL SU-8 ES9038
-> 2x Gainclone -> TQWT 9710M/01 + BMS 4524 Horn
-> 2x Quad 405 rebuild as mono amps with Dada Electronics boards -> Quad ESL63 Pro
-> 2x Anaview ALC0300-1300 -> Original Celestion SL6 in concrete housing
-> 2x Neumann KH-120
-> Funk MTX Monitor -> AKG K701
praphan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 10:19:33 am »

Hi Georg,

I love the tweakability of XXHE too. I think Peter and all of us here want to keep it this way. This is why this product should attract and penetrate "niche market". Mass consumers including my wife will hardly touch this barebone and complicated looking software. To get the best out of XXHE, successful users require relatively good PC literacy both hardware and OS wise.

But with proper marketing plan, I am positive that this fine product will be able to capture wider "niche market". Perhaps Peter might consider launching XXHE to a wider online market coverage by restructuring the product website. Phasure.com is more or less a forum-base at the moment giving an impression to general public that the product is still under R&D.

I am no marketing expert. Better leave this to Peter for now. 

OffTopic

Best regards,
Praphan

PC: Asus X58 chipset M/B; Seasonic 850W PSU; i7 970 12 threads (HT=on); ATI HD 5770; Zalman Reserator water cooling, 24GB RAM, Plextor PX230A drive ; W7 Pro 64bit plain SP1 (no further update) and XXHE on Velociraptor; music on Sata 3 2 TB HDD; WD5003ABYX sits on Thermaltake USB3 dock as playback drive; Star Tech PCIe USB3 card

XX 0.9z-8-3a : KS Engine 4 "Adaptive"; DB = 4096; APx16; Q1/2/3/4/5 = 14x1/0/0/0/0; No Appointment/low/real time; CR = 0.5 ms; XTweaks Ultimate; SC; SFS= 120/120 ; allow format change; unattended ; min OS and stop "all" services; normalized volume usually played at -15db ;  peak extension on ; PA off

Signal chain: 24/786 NOS1 USB; 16 ms buffer on driver 1.0.2 => Valhalla XLR IC = > McIntosh 2301 tube monoblocks => Purist Dominus spk cable => B&W 802 D
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 10:31:23 am »

If commercializing means more eye-cathing features and comfort instead of functionality - I would missa lot  Wink   

Georg

Hi Georg,

that's it, real high class SQ/music and some stretching if I go to the keyboard/mouse.

Prices:
JRivers costs $ 50 with an superb GUI, and an update $20.
Amarra 2.4 now down to € 178,00 incl. VAT.

Joachim
stefanobilliani
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

Phasure.com is more or less a forum-base at the moment giving an impression to general public that the product is still under R&D.

But when we listen to music , we know that IT IS a very good piece of work alright now . Then let's not forget as Peter said , this is also "thanks" to the contribution of all the people right on the forum pages , discussing and reporting about their own experiences with the software *and* the music .

Having said that , I would be proud to accept any decision regarding the licence in the future .

Of course , by the fact we partecipate to the forum(s) , we want to learn new things and take decisions regarding hardware and lots of other stuff . So thanks, all of you in this wonderful forum .

s

May 27 -2013 ,  0.9z-9

W8 pro 64bit, UEFI
sata ahci mode .
i7 (8 cores ) 2600k
RAM : 16Gig
XXHE on OS disk
Music on OS disk
Playback drive on USB3 to 4Gig Pendrive
Mobo USB 3 to Oversampling dac at 2X
KS adaptive , ArcPredict  , dev buffer 1024
Q1=8 , Q5=3 , res 1msec
Minimized OS , stop all services
X-tweaks : 45,100,1,1,1, stable , optimal
Disk Utilization : Split File Size: 120 ,max the same as SFS
Memory Organization : Straight Contiguous
pedal
Audio Enthusiast

XXHighEnd is THE best buy in Hi-Fi. Thank U Peter!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:32 am »

I agree 100 percent with Mani's suggestion!

(I allways thought there was a decimal missing in the price tag of XX).

Pedal

Hardware: Stealth Mach III > Lush^2 > 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3  > active preamp > 3-way active XO > amps > ribbon/dynamic true line source speakers.

Settings all settings as recommended by Peter by October 2019.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: