XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 01:48:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MacBook Pro with XXHighend?  (Read 6120 times)
CaOd
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:39 pm »

Sorry to bother the PC-dedicated community here with a rather strange question, but maybe somebody is having some experience on this:

One idea on solving an issue I have with my wife (she doesn't like to "operate" XX, but I love the sound of it!!) is to put XXHighend on a Macbook. It would be a dedicated partition just configured for XX music playing, and my wife could, if needed, boot into a Mac environment and run itunes/amarra.

Question: Will it run smoothely with all the tweaks on a Mac with Windows 7 SP1 (min OS, AutoHotkey etc)?
What about sonic qulity? Can you control a Mac emulation as good as a dedicated PC system? I do not want to get less SQ than compared to a similar powered Win Laptop, any experience on this topic?

Thanks for help

Carsten

August 26, 2013 (0.9z-9b)
MacBookPro 15" i7 2,4Ghz,16GB,Win 8 Pro 64bits, OS on internal SSD, XXHE on internal SSD, Music (WAV) on spinning disc, loaded on Ramdrive,
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/2/3/4/5 = 15/0/0/0/5 / Q1Factor = 10 (Dev.Buffer = 256) / ClockRes = 1ms / Straight Contiguous / PA off / SFS = 120 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3 / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off /XTweaks : Balanced Load = 45 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Minimize OS = On / 4 times Arc Prediction Upsampling  -> Weiss DAC202 (modified by Klang&Kunst) -> Jadis DA50Signature -> Audioplan Kontrast V
Claude
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:37:08 pm »

I have used a Macbook Air to good effect, that means, that it works. I have also used a Dell Laptop (cr*p) and an IBM (what are they called nowadays?) T4something. I always preferred the Macbook Air. BUT! You probably know, that laptops are not the way to go with XXHighend.
I do prefer Amarra in Playlist Mode and with the usual tweaks over XXHighend on a Mac. If you can, I would AB a Mac with your Windows Laptop, so you can make sure, that your not misspending your money.
If it is about your wife, why not buy something like the caps2 (high waf) and use XXHighend (for you) and something like Jriver for your wife. Mani uses the CAPS2 to great effect (sound not power) with XXHIghend. Peter will always recommend a more powerful desktop (multicore, hyper threading and max ram).
Or keep your notebook and buy a mac for your wife.;-)
Claudius

Dec 1, 2011 (0.9z-6-1)
Windows 7 Pro 64bit *SP1* on sd (Macbook Air)/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Mixed / SFS = 400 / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3 @ UnAttended /All Services Off/ *Minimize OS = On* / *Double Octo* Arc Prediction Upsampling /24/768 Phasure NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Octave HP500 SE ->ADAM Pencil (active) (all PCs Lessloss Signature, Lessloss Firewall, ICs Lessloss Anchorwave and HMS Sestetto, 3 Lessloss Blackbodies)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: