XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 10:58:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 02 | I see error messages all over, what's going on ?!  (Read 6446 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:47 am »

I see so many error messages or receive errors otherwise - this can't be good. This clearly looks as a fully grown player, but it doesn't work out for me. Also, why doesn't this forum contain at least recent posts about this. Is it me ?

If you think like this, you are still on the right track; ready to solve your problems. Now, what can be the matter ? Let's try to work out a few things :

Notice that we talk about a by itself proper install, hence that you could normally startup XXHighEnd.exe from the folder where you unzipped it in without real errors as such.

A very first thing which easily happens, is that at the first startup of XXHighEnd.exe, the quite many popups which are shown by the operating system, them containing something like "Are you sure you want to run this program ?" are or answered by No, and/or are not told to never show up again (there is checkbox for that). So, it is important to
- Run these programs;
- Indicate by means of that checkbox that the OS must never ask for it again.

What happens when this is not properly done, is that these same programs will be used along your way of using XXHighEnd (which can be months later, depending on what you use when !) and that this errors under the hood without a clue what really happens. So, this program may be asking "Are you sure you want to run me" but it is invisible.
This is a nasty thing to happen to you, since you won't know what is going on, but in the mean time things don't work. As an easy example : it could be converting a FLAC file. Or determining the running time of an MP3. Or things with pictures. Anything.

Once you have the feeling this is happening to you because you indeed did not pay attention to this sufficiently at this first startup, unzip the XXHighEnd zip to a brand new folder, and start all over again in there. And now pay attention of course (to e.g. a first message which actually tells you about this stuff).

A next thing could be that you don't "comply" much to a folder structure where your music files are. It is hard to explain what you can be doing wrong to this regard, but think about albums and their files (including coverart) which are not contained in a logical structure. For example, people exist who expect that all album tracks and coverart can be right in one folder (no sub folders per album). This can't work, and it is hard to tell where you will be receiving problematics from this. So, even you will not be able to differentiate the albums when organized (so) badly, and I would not be able too. And so can't the program which I created.

Organize your music so, that unambiguosly can be seen with your eyes which is what. Just folder structures and "logic". This is how XXHighEnd works, and it does it without any database means. Thus, that structure only.

Similarly you can -as a first trial for playback- try some track which is in "My Documents" somewhere. See ? same problem. That MyDocuments part on your disc wasn't structured for music at all, but still the program tries to see it like that. It will try to dig up Coverart and traverses up for that. This by itself is needed to work out multi volume albums (and box sets) automatically.
Moral : create a small dedicated environment first, and *always* start off with a dedicated root, even if the disc is further empty. So, think like a USB pen for a trial, which normally will be empty. Now copy some tracks in there, BUT, first create something like \Music\ on it. Otherwise a few things will go wrong, or a plain message tells you you can't continue. Next, in that \Music\ root, again at least create one folder which looks like a formal structure for an album. *Now* you can copy your test tracks in that \Music\MyAlbumName\ structure. Copy Coverart in there too, if you like.

Btw, notice that there's a setting in the "Settings Area" to disallow all Coverart, and by default it is Off. This prevents some of the problems you can make with placing your Coverart. But when it's Off, no Coverart will show anywhere. So don't forget this.

Lastly, try to imagine that when all is arranged for as the program expects, there will be - and should be zero errors anywhere. This is good to know, because you now have learned that it can be done (because I say so).
And no, it will obviously not be your fault when you arranged things the program doesn't expect. That will be my fault. Just saying.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:26:39 pm by PeterSt » Logged

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: