XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 20, 2024, 03:58:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Streamlining ?  (Read 19316 times)
edward
Audio Loudspeaker

Let's Be Near . . . The Atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:35 am »

I've found BlackVipers site to be very helpful in the past for XP pruning, and it seems there is an update for Vista tweaks now Happy

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

Seems I have to sharpen up my pruning shears too   Grin

Cheers Happy

Russ

That's a good call Russ. I actually meant to include that link in my previous post as well, but forgot. Indeed I did use their information. And since you reminded me of it, I was thinking that I was a little conservative in my "pruning" and decided to see if I could get a little more aggressive. I ended up disabling 5 more services with no ill effects. In fact, it was a very nice improvement in SQ. I'm including screen captures again for those that would like to compare (showing only 11 services running). (Bear in mind I am not using any network/internet functions, so those are disabled).

* Services_2.png (16.56 KB, 466x646 - viewed 530 times.)

* Task_Manager_2.png (15.85 KB, 618x600 - viewed 589 times.)

Home built PC (Zalman TNN-300 Silent Case = Intel E2160 - Dual Core 1.8GHz) => Vista (Home Premium) => RAMDisk => M-Audio Audiophile USB (AK4528 DAC) Latency 128 =>

April 19, 2008
0.9u-14a (Double, No Invert, Mem Unchecked, Volume -24dB ** Q1 = -1 ** Player Priority=Low ** Thread Priority=Realtime ** Core Appointment Scheme-1 ** Unattended)
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: