XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 02:52:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New USB Cable  (Read 3931 times)
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2012, 03:00:37 am »

I looked for the best forum to post this, and concluded here, where we can all feel free to take things as seriously or unseriously as we like, would be a good spot.

I've just tried the first USB cable from the company that made most of the cables in my main system (Mapleshade Audio is their more affordable line, Omega Mikro the no-holds-barred one).  I've been using the Audioquest Coffee for a while.  This new cable, at slightly less than half the price, is to my ears quite clearly better.  Better transients, clarity, detail, not from any artificial "zing" or tipped-up high end, but being able to resolve individual instrumental lines even if the players are close to each other in the sound stage, and individual notes/beats in those instrumental lines; hearing the words and intonations in vocals better; etc.

While the various tracks I've heard all sound better, that does *not* mean they sound at all similar to each other.

Clearview USB (with Plus option) from Mapleshade Audio, if anyone's curious.

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: