XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 27, 2024, 04:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auralic Vega and XXHE?  (Read 4489 times)
esimms86
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:11 am »

The Auralic Vega is a new DAC that, as I understand it, is just now shipping as of this month. I haven't seen or heard one but it sounds like an intriguing DAC to pair with XXHE. Unlike the NOS1, it upsamples PCM to 32 bit 1.5MHz(!) in the hardware(as opposed to XXHE/NOS1 doing it in software). As always, we have to wait on reviews or hand on owner/istener reports before drawing any conclusions. It has 6 filter modes for listener preference but I can't help but imagine how listener options would expand with XXHE. I also wonder how this DAC might sound with Arc Prediction and, possibly also, Phase Alignment selected. I have no connection with the company and I look at this simply as a potentially intriguing product full of what ifs.

From the Auralic website:

http://www.auralic.com/en/

"AURALiC VEGA

VEGA, the next generation digital audio processor, is developed with the goal of 'seeking for non-compromised sound'.  With plenty of I/O ports and powerful function, it will become the kernel component of your high-end stereo system.

With Sanctuary Audio Processor as heart, AURALiC introduces several cutting-edge technology for VEGA: Megahertz upsampling algorithm up-samples all PCM music to 1.5MHz in 32bit; Femto Master Clock provides an ultimate clock precision with jitter only 82 femtoseconds(0.082 picosecond). Binding with other AURALiC's patented technologies such as 'ORFEO Class-A module' and discrete 'Purer-Power™ solution', VEGA will bring high resolution music playback experience to climax.

VEGA supports all high resolution music formats including DXD(352.8KS/s, 384KS/s in 32bit) as well as DSD stream at 2.8224MHz and 5.6448MHz. Five digital inputs include AES/EBU, coaxial(set of two), toslink and USB. The balanced and single-ended analog outputs can connect to power amplifier directly, adjusting volume in digital precision without dynamic loss.

The six built-in filter modes each contains several digital filters optimized for corresponding sampling rate. These filters are solely developed by AURALiC to optimize the listening experience for different music and format. VEGA allows its user to customize according to different music formats, tuning sound best to personal preference."

Esau

2010 mac mini running Windows 7 Professional N 64bit *SP1* and XXHE on SSD in Boot camp mode, mac os x Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus also on SSD, music on  separate 2 Tb firewire La Cie HD / 8 Gb RAM/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 170 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3/ *Minimize OS = On*  / 24/768 Phasure/Is Phasure NOS1/ NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Marantz PM KI Pearl amplifier ->Gallo Strada/Gallo TR3 subwoofer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: