XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 01:55:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first Windows 8 experience  (Read 310484 times)
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2013, 05:42:12 am »

I figured I would attempt to eliminate room and speaker effects as much as possible and try to understand what is going on with the sound, especially this "panning" Peter is talking about.  So I used my IEMs, Etymotic ER-4P.  They are certainly much better than my $99-on-sale bookshelf speakers sitting on a glass desk.  I also get to drive them directly from the Dragonfly, eliminating my amp (quite nice but old and not as good as no amp).

First, let's get the obligatory over with.  The sound is just stunning.  I was going to play with Q1 and Q1 factor settings but said to hell with it just as soon as the music started.

Now, this panning - The imaging and localization of individual instruments and voices is more precise with this software on Win8 than anything else I've ever heard.  Even instruments and vocals quite close to each other are entirely distinct.  On "Cherokee" from Cat Power's Sun album, always a beautiful mess before, I heard every last layer and effect (but with no less drive).

Now with IEMs of course there's no shifting position of the listener relative to the speakers.  But with this sort of precise localized imaging, you will hear a strong, consistent sound from either speaker for any player or singer in the middle of the soundstage, and a strong consistent sound from each speaker for the players or singers on its side of the soundstage.  So as you move around from side to side relative to the speakers you are going to get rock solid imaging and localization on each side, i.e., strong panning. 

The precision of the rendering may also very possibly be good enough that imperfectly done stereo effects which would wind up in the middle of the soundstage with slightly fuzzier reproduction come out as one effect on the left, and its near-but-not-quite twin on the right.  I heard some of this, intentional or not, with the electronic effects on "Cherokee."  But on natural, clean production like "Tennessee" and "Down Along the Dixie Line" from Gillian Welch's The Harrow and the Harvest, the guitars, lead vocals and backing vocals all stayed rooted firmly in one spot, including Gillian's vocal anchored right in the middle of the soundstage.

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2013, 05:50:35 am »

I think I'll spend the rest of the evening with W8, no more A-Bing today.

yeah, right....

So it's now 11 p.m. and I'm off to bed. Had the day off today and started XX fiddling at around 9 a.m. Final results:

W7, SFS 2 and device buffer at 8ms is just so much more palpably real feeling. In my system, where it gets harsh is pretty much where live music when suddenly too loud,  can sound harsh, or so it seems to me (Give Eva Cassidy, Autumn Leaves a listen or the first movement of Sibelius', Symphony #1, any version but Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra & Leif Segerstam is my favorite) I think Pedal once compared the W7 sound to kodachrome film-which I took to mean a very vivid realism in the sound. W8 never quite gets there, though it's very detailed and, in my system, in some apparently less important way (than the vivd realism of W7) it seems to have a softer more pleasant sound. My final W8 settings ended up at SFS of 2, device buffer 16ms.

If I had my druthers, I'd have our developer work on the heebegeebee's of W7 rather than those of W8 cause there seem to be fewer of them  Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2013, 08:16:21 am »

Guys,

Thank you for all the input so far. As you can imagine by now, no man can do this alone. It needs the hunches at least.

Please keep it coming. Also from others. And I really encourage all to at least try W8 and express about it, even if you are not sure what you are hearing exactly.
You are promised that WOW! which by now can be stated as common between all of us.

Regards !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2013, 08:37:43 am »

Brian,

You seem to be a good testcase on something else ...

The stops you perceive in W8 - could it be so that you have these too in W7 when you use the NOS1 driver for W8 in there ? Using the same settings everywhere of course.

No worries that you may destroy something because you will be able to go back to the 1.02 driver for W7. But when you are trying those stops anyway, maybe you perceive a different SQ in the mean time ?

No *need* to do this, but I feel (no, see) that W8 is sensitive to things which are a bit beyond me at this moment, and when it is your system which is critical to this respect somewhere, it might well be that it is not W8 but the driver (ok, this is confusing, but for me the outcome can be important).

Thanks,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:17 am »

Now I'm going back to W8, check the driver setting and play XXH wit the identical settings.

Joachim

With the same settings I do hear on my system a mono effect. The stage is gone. The Instruments are concentrated more to the Center.

The bass on Wynton Marsalis - Sunflower - was on the left side and is now in the center.

I will try Mani's Settings

Joachim
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:14 am »

Thank you Boleary,

with SFS 2 I'm back in business and the Magic is there again.

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:17 am »

Peter, by the way - don't know whether it's the W7 shell app or XXHE that's causing it, but using XXHE in Win 8 on my computer causes my desktop background image to shrink horizontally so it doesn't cover the last inch on left and right side of the monitor.  The OS itself works OK in this respect, it seems - that is, my recycle bin, which is the only desktop icon I have, sits within less than an inch of the left edge as it always does, but it sits on top of an inch of black background rather than the desktop background picture.

The background is a slideshow, one of the downloadable Windows 8 themes from MS, called "Forest" or something like that.  After the background image shrinks, it can be cured by going into desktop settings, switching to the regular "Forest" background theme, then deleting the unnamed "custom" theme with the too-narrow background that has been substituted.

Can give you my monitor specs and settings if helpful.  It's widescreen, a 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratio, I think.

Jud, this is funny. I have the same (but just a fixed Wallpaper) but vertically. It is just how W8 restores its Wallpaper and like I just described elsewhere, the way this now works seems wrong to me (not for the outcome (ok, too) but for how it has been setup technically). Here too (like a few weeks back) I must refer to the faxt that this desktop now is a program (where we now are able to run the W7 shell in). So, a "form" like from XXHighEnd, while before it was just the screen. This makes it all subject to the size of the form, and that size is not restored properly (I think !).

I don't think I can do anything about it, or at least don't like to give it priority right now. I already know that Google brings me nothing on this subject, and it needs real digging. I'd like to to that (in Wink) another time).

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2013, 12:09:44 pm »

Yes, second because the first one was ended due to several boot failures caused by an external HDD that was connected to another USB port preventing my XP OS to start up. While chasing this fault I somehow mixed up something elsewhere and it was needed to install W8 freshly...

Perhaps a good thing because the first install was somewhat older and updated regulary and several XX updates as well.

Everything is working fine again now and I'll start to play with W8 SFS = 430 for a while and get used to that (just to please Peter).

I'll be back...  Wink

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:40 pm »

As if there was some kind of "inverted differential" mechanism trimming a part of the "common sounds" from the 2 channels.... Just an image of course...

Apart from Jud's great resemblance of what happens (at least here), I think Alain put out the best description of what I perceive. If you read carefully into that little text, you see synthesis, fake and "processing" the least. But also look at this from Jud :

The precision of the rendering may also very possibly be good enough that imperfectly done stereo effects which would wind up in the middle of the soundstage with slightly fuzzier reproduction come out as one effect on the left, and its near-but-not-quite twin on the right.  I heard some of this, intentional or not, with the electronic effects on "Cherokee."

I would say we are on to the merits of what is happening, though still not knowing how it happens. So, true; but is it really a twin as how you describe it ? I perceive the exact same sense of it (and indeed not from all music) BUT (and now hop back to Alain's observation), like the timing between left and right is not equal. So, our twins, to me, seem not to be able to form like this, not even in electronic music. Oh, it can be done, but it is not a real thing which is applied. Think like this :

Set up a synthesizer voice with some sawtooth. On that super impose another "VCO" (anothert voice) but have it time delayed for its frequency compared to the first and then such that the second has its tops where the other has its dips (envision the wave). Now output each to its own (L/R) channel. And hey, have the tops and dips in eachother's middle for any frequency ! (which makes the delay a variablee subject to the frequency).
... I don't think that can be done in the first place, and it certainly (??) can't be done with output to separate channels.

When the delay is fixed in time, a rather similar effect may happen, but maybe not so profound; it would depend on the frequency (hence music). But, I am fine if we look at it like this (is what is happening).
Next, it would be fairly easy for the OS to make a few mistakes and output to the left channel vs the right channel in a "lagged" fashion. Say that the samples for L and R sure go to the proper channel, but that someone is smart (??) and collects 10 samples for L and output them and next 10 for R and output them. It would be more efficient ...
... and exhibit this effect.

... and I am a conspiracy thinker of course ...

When a thing like this happens, it would not make the lot bit perfect. And well, I have been looking for reports about this, but all I ran into is that this is OK for W8. But is it really ?

When a thing like this really would be happening, it can happen right in advance of the digital output. This means that any internal loop-back capture would miss it; it will report bit perfect. But take e.g. SPDIF out and loop that back with a cable, and it can't be missed.

This latter is how it should be done and how I always did it. Possibly I saw nobody doing it like this and already the fact that my method needs trimming of the start of the result in order to align it for the remainder is a pain and possibly why people don't do it like that. Somehow I always see people making "null" (diff) files and it seems to easy; as if this trimming is not in order, which possibly is not in order indeed with an internal (software) loopback.

Add to it that in the NOS1 driver this "loop-back" provision is there just the same and that after this a ton of OS kernel code is still in charge.

My sort of point : I don't own a capture device anymore so I can't check.

My sort of other (conspiracy) point : One of the NOS1 users noticed that the system volume could be used with Kernel Streaming. Now THAT is odd. I believe it was so that this only happened with WASAPI active (so, Normal OS Mode or let WASAPI active). Bert ?? But anyway, this looks totally 100% impossible to me, knowing my own driver. This IS a bit tricky, because the W8 part (new in the 1.03 version) of that was not made by myself, but the part which does or does not "subscribe" to Windows Volume events is in my own code, and that code was not changed. However, whatever is in my code can be in kernel code after that and overrule it.

What I also read - and none of it was checked by me in my own system - is that Shared Mode can now be bit perfect. This was not so. So, things changed here for sure, but don't ask me whether it is related to my conspiracy subject.
The fact though that Shared Mode can be bit perfect while Exclusive Mode clearly is not once the Windows volume is in between all, tells me that at least there is a fair possibility that we don't listen to bit perfect at all, and maybe not only because of some influencing volume which should not be there in the first place.

For me it is of utmost importance that I can't get a concistent view of what is happening and that exactly never happened before. This can be looked at as similar to fairly inconsistent judgements of people, which also never happened before much. Somehow, suddenly, all is subject to PC's, chains and speakers. Maybe we all talk about the same thing and it just needs the proper "technical" judgement, like from Alain, Jud and me for that matter.

If someone is willing to grab SPDIF out (can be from the MoBo) and loop that back into a recording device with SPDIF in, record a full track like that ... then I will be happy to spend the time and look for bit perfectness. Better not try to do this latter yourself because when it is bit perfect it can take you an hour already to find the common part at the start of the both files (recording and original) and many hours more before you give up at finding that part (because it just is not there). I have done it many times before so it is far more easy for me.

If this is a NOS1 user doing this, don't forget to deactivate Is NOS1 and play 16/44100 natively (no upsampling).
And *if* someone is going to do this, please announce it in this topic, so we are not all doing the same thing. Another one may do it just the same of course - and which would be good for some safety or sanity check, but it is not really required. One should be enough.

So, hoping with can get some conspiracy thinking out of the way ...
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »

Yes, second because the first one was ended due to several boot failures caused by an external HDD that was connected to another USB port preventing my XP OS to start up. While chasing this fault I somehow mixed up something elsewhere and it was needed to install W8 freshly...

Perhaps a good thing because the first install was somewhat older and updated regulary and several XX updates as well.

Everything is working fine again now and I'll start to play with W8 SFS = 430 for a while and get used to that (just to please Peter).

I'll be back...  Wink

Hey Bert,

Second ? First ? ... Can you imagine that I have NO idea what you are talking about ?
Did you forget to quote something perhaps ?

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »

Second ? First ? ... Can you imagine that I have NO idea what you are talking about ?

I did change the title of the topic...

Bert

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18:41 pm »

Have been playing XX for an hour in W8 with a SFS of 430 without any issues. Initially the first song in the first playlist stopped halfway, but I selected the second song in the list and everything has worked fine ever since, including playng different lists/cd rips/ albums. Two differences from last night: a. I took Mani's suggestion and set PA strength to 0, and, b. I'm playing at barely audible volume cause my wife is sleeping in the room directly below. Perhaps my stopping issue will reappear later today when I turn up the volume.

Peter, when folks here wake up I'll load the W8 USB driver into W7 and see if it induces the stopping issue, as well as see if there's a SQ difference.

Let me clarify my previous posts: when I talked about setting the device buffer to 16ms, I probably should have said USB driver and not device buffer.

Lastly, check out Peters W8 signature: XX is on a ramdisk separate from the OS and his playback drive is on a second ramdisK! Further he's using WiFi with a SFS of 270.....Holy sh*t!

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

Man, that was a secret !
But don't put much value to that. Not yet anyway. I'm just building a lean machine and am half way; didn't know how to leave out that information without putting my W8 settings which may be useful to some. So, a few things work here where no man has gone before, but soundwise it tells nothing so far.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:10 pm »

I did change the title of the topic...

Bert

I sure missed that !
Ok.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

Well my stopping issue appears to have disappeared. Volume up and PA intensity to 1 and, today, all works with a SFS of 430, which btw sounds very, very good. Didn't do anything to fix it.

Too much fricken' fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  All
  Print  

Jump to: