XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 09:00:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first Windows 8 experience  (Read 310514 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:57 am »

You give us the knobs and then ask us not to play with them?

Anyhow, as I said in my 'edit', I'm now at higher SFSs and like what I'm hearing... even though I started with SFS=2 (not to my liking - too forward, a little like WASAPI).

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:04 am »

You give us the knobs and then ask us not to play with them?

No ...
You may have missed it (easy to do of course), but you MUST start with the high settings. Then go lower until it breaks. The other way around can't work. It's a mind thing.

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:27 am »

I myself am still not conclusive about how W8 manages to create a ridiculous stereo image which profoundly occurs when you are NOT in the middle between the speakers. All seems to be super hard panned and it is as if previously 2/3 of all samples got mixed (swapped) in the 2 channels making it more mono.
But this is not why I'm calling ...

Already day before yesterday I had a bad day's ending because I suddenly heard how all was a pile of distortion (no worries, read on !). And not by a small bit.

I have always been raving about Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV and its profound better sounding in the highs and cymbals. It just doesn't match or fit the Deep Purples of the same time.

I regularly try A Whole Lotta Love (LZ II) to find out what's actually slamming (Dang-Dang) after the holographic cymbal hitting mid section, always waiting for the day that I hear an instrument instead of distortion only (on those Dangs). I always do so when a siginificant SQ increase was achieved. Like I think it has now ...

And then I suddenly got it ...

It started with that LZ I from day before yesterday's ending;
Totally unlistenable. Like I played with SFS=2 while it can't have that (ok, in my view and system). Tried everything and all, but no tweak could make it better. I checked whether it was the same LZ I version I must have played a 300 times by now in life (possibly more).

Because the LZ selection was still in my Library, yesterday I thought to proceed with LZ II. A Whole Lotta Love. Why not. Maybe it now worked ...
The last time I played it I thought I had gotten closer to "what's that instrument ?", but yesterday it only got worse again.
That the cymbals now were flying from complete outsides of the speakers did NOT make it better, but that is W8 and I don't know what I need to get used to or what it is I need to do to get rid of it.  No cymbals are that far apart, no matter this is an explicit mixing for that "flying". Just unnatural. Ok ...

Then I heard that same distortion from LZ I. Actually these LZ albums are quite nice to perceive the distortion I am talking about because LZ makes use of quiet parts with sudden attacks of sound. That Dang-Dang is an example, but the second track on LZ II is an even better example. Nice quiet playing (no distortion) and then the sudden hits on a snare drum.
Ouch.

What happens all over in at least these two LZ albums is that the analog output has been far too high. In Dutch we call this "over stearing" but I'm sure there's a better English term for it (my over stearing is a literal translation).

Now, how can it be that I never heard anything of this kind - not a single thing OR it must be the Dang-Dang from A Whole Lotta Love - while now it makes it unlistenable ?

Because I now was on the track of sheer ANALOG distortion (but from the recording of course), I listened with my ear in the horn, and hearing what you hear then makes you sure to never play those albums again. You may not perceive it from the distance as explicit distortion, but it just is there and it is not small.

On a side note, or maybe not, just *because* of the troubles I'm having or had with W8, I forced myself to tweak for the better. People may recall the necessity for similar when the NOS1-USB was ready, all should be okay, but sound was the worst. This is the time I *had* to create what we today call Minimized OS. Yes, it may occur strange or impossible to you that I can just force myself to improve (only ?) when it is really needed, but this *is* how it sometimes goes. So, I did similar now for W8 (could be revolutionary when it's out).

But it looks like it gets worse of it.
It now is as far that I yesterday played an album, which I own for two years or so, it is with Dutch lyrics and I think I have played it 10 times before. Already the first time I was familiar with it because it contains songs in, say, earlier versions from those I already knew, and nothing strange with it. Playing it the 2nd up to the tenth time, same story. But not yesterday. I G*d d*mn never heard the whole album before and the singer was not the original one. Well, it was, but I couldn't recognize him and I tried hard. Really focused on everything, but it was and remained a completely new album to me.

I searched the Internet for other's judging "strange behavior" from W8 and audio, but only found fairly mild "better"'s or "hear no difference anyway". Well, those guys and gals are lucky and have a problem. Or are they lucky and do not have a problem, but I (or we ?) have ? And we are UNlucky because of that ?

Something is over the top here. Suddenly my speakers can't follow fast attacks and produce analog distortion. Well, maybe not. But if I now hear distortion which is in the recording while I never heard that before at all, what's to be good about it.

If ... IF ... *IF* more accurate sound implies less mixing in-air and that somehow creating the hardest panning in virtually ALL albums I played so far is the way to go, then ... it is not for me.
I have more albums with too hard panning, and I said it before, the NOS1 unveals that because of a special channel separation; no mixing engineer will have heard it like this. Well, that is how I think. But this is a handful of albums. Now they are all like this. No even crazy mixing engineer forms albums like this. Still they now are so.

I have one HUGE problem with this all :
I was so fed up day before yesterday about not getting it right, that yesterday I thought to play an evening with W7. I had to test something in there anyway, so I thought to combine it. My playback session under W7 from yesterday lasted exactly 10 seconds. What a SH*T sound !! Totally saltless. MONO !! (relatively).

This is how super-fast we get used to things. Unbelievable actually.

So we have to continue with W8. But it seems to have problems which I can't overcome. This is because I can't tell anymore what is right and what is wrong. I mean, I can try to "tweak" back that normal stereo image, but what if the mixing as applied just does not allow for it ? This means that the recordings are wrong.
What role play horns here ? Something tells me that their directivity helps separating the stereo image into 2x "a channel". I know we are with a few horneys overhere and a bunch of normal radiating speaker owners. It could be interesting to see how the both camps have different opinions (Juan's being there already as an "opposite").

By now it is true ... When changes from OS to OS are so super drastic, it is time to make my own OS ...
wacko
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
stefanobilliani
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:09 am »

What about the compatibility mode in W8 ( to w7 ) ? Did somebody of you try this ?

s

May 27 -2013 ,  0.9z-9

W8 pro 64bit, UEFI
sata ahci mode .
i7 (8 cores ) 2600k
RAM : 16Gig
XXHE on OS disk
Music on OS disk
Playback drive on USB3 to 4Gig Pendrive
Mobo USB 3 to Oversampling dac at 2X
KS adaptive , ArcPredict  , dev buffer 1024
Q1=8 , Q5=3 , res 1msec
Minimized OS , stop all services
X-tweaks : 45,100,1,1,1, stable , optimal
Disk Utilization : Split File Size: 120 ,max the same as SFS
Memory Organization : Straight Contiguous
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 10:35:32 am »

it is time to make my own OS ... 

too much !  Happy

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 10:43:09 am »

Yes, it may occur strange or impossible to you that I can just force myself to improve (only ?) when it is really needed, but this *is* how it sometimes goes. So, I did similar now for W8 (could be revolutionary when it's out).

I love it when you just inject these tiny 'throw-aways' in your body of text, as if they're totally inconsequential.

Anyway, looking forward to participating in the W8 revolution.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 11:25:32 am »

What about the compatibility mode in W8 ( to w7 ) ? Did somebody of you try this ?

For compatibility with what ? I actually mean : what should be tried in compatibility mode ? XXHighEnd ? That won't do a thing.

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:15 am »

Thank God for the W7 shell - on first bootup you are at a total loss as to what to do.

Mani.

Hi Mani,

press Windows button + D on the keyboard and you are ...... .

I'm just installing XXH without W7 shell and will write the outcome later.

Joachim

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 12:18:49 pm »

Thank God for the W7 shell - on first bootup you are at a total loss as to what to do.

Mani.

Hi Mani,

press Windows button + D on the keyboard and you are ...... .

I'm just installing XXH without W7 shell and will write the outcome later.

Joachim

Hi Joachim.

Does this remove the Metro UI layer from the system ? I think that the explorer 7 shell is about that... ? Not that it is so annoying, but it was altering SQ...

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »

Hi Joachim.

Does this remove the Metro UI layer from the system ? I think that the explorer 7 shell is about that... ? Not that it is so annoying, but it was altering SQ...

Alain

Hi Alain,

No. This should be a challenge for Peter, if possible.

It is for normal listeners a bit to complicated to install the W7 shell. I will get problems because W7 and W8 differs with the language. Or, Peter, is it sufficient/successful to install at W8 the identical language?

Joachim
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 01:17:55 pm »

Currently listening to SFS=430, Q1=30, xQ1=20 [phase strength =1]... and quite like the sound.

I'm finding that I'm continuously wanting to increase the volume as I listen... always a very good sign in my experience. (Really nice deep bass.)

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 01:22:04 pm »

Mani, hint : then you play the wrong music. Have something more dynamical (difference between softest and loudest) and you will see that you "can't" turn up the volume. It will get (way) too loud.
So this is that other difference (which I don't get).

PS: When is someone finally going to give me another word for "softest" like used above ? Is this really the proper word to use ?
Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »

I will get problems because W7 and W8 differs with the language. Or, Peter, is it sufficient/successful to install at W8 the identical language?

Joachim, I completely forgot about this. So, I read something like "only works in English" and probably you have read the same. At the time I thought "so what", but today I may not know the real merits of it. But let's say that even with a multi language package the English in there won't turn into German, let alone Finnish (which is of course what you use today - haha !).

What about taking a deep breath, do it, and see what happens ? If things break I'm sure it can be repaired (I will help if necessary). And notice that there will be buttons to switch back and forth.
Make a Restore Point in advance. Ok ?

Regards and thanks,
Peter (who can't try this himself because the base is English on his W8 install)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

Still playing with the no activated version but I´d like to point some appreciations:

-SFS 430: The sound is much more similar to the W7 one, a little soft and apparently backwards

- SFS 2.0: The sound is clearly more realistic, the strings, bass, voices, all has more body, not only more body it is also more defined and the sound image is much more delineated or as I said before more palpable, three-dimensional, holographic. Like more being there listening the real thing. Perhaps that palpability can be confused with more in front or more aggressiveness but listening carefully, in my system, the instruments, voices, etc. are located in the same place as they are with SFS 430, not more in front or backwards.

About the Metro UI layer or the explorer 7 shell, I´m not so sure that the 7 shell has better SQ, it is smoother but the Metro UI has more vitality and presence, more of the characteristics I used in the previous paragraph to define the sound.

If this could be different with horns...well, I don´t know and have not the possibility to test it but I´m interested to know what others think.

Please understand that these are only my first impressions and that I have not yet even the best basic settings (Minimize OS and Unattended).

One word of advice if I may, let your ears long enough to get used to the new "realism".

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
adrianp
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

PS: When is someone finally going to give me another word for "softest" like used above ? Is this really the proper word to use ?
Happy

Quietest is the word I would use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  All
  Print  

Jump to: