XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 23, 2024, 11:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to piss off a frog  (Read 21711 times)
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »

Alain please stop this topic! Far too risky! What would happen if you get Peter started again on this train-project ? Censored !

Leo

It seems to me that only the frog is able to stop this topic and, to tell the truth, she is totally freaked looking at the train tracks without daring to cross them. Frogs likes more music than trains... Wink

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 05:33:43 pm »

Alain please stop this topic! Far too risky! What would happen if you get Peter started again on this train-project ? Censored !

Leo

It seems to me that only the frog is able to stop this topic and, to tell the truth, she is  totally freaked looking at the train tracks without daring to cross them. I think she likes more music than trains... Wink
+1 Happy

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 02:00:02 pm »

Wow, this was a project of a different dimension ! May I ask what "disconnected" you from this project ? Was it too much time consuming and you got jaded of it ?

Actually those tables. Envision over 100 meters (300ft) of length and certain width only to cover for the outside walls so to speak. Then it would have been in 3 layers, so that is actually 300 meters of length of table. And then there's still nothing counted for the middle of the space (which is 6 meters wide everywhere). In there had to be man holes at positions so all could be reached and all was to be of a construction I couldn't work out much.
But there was also the problem of designing the track for which I could not find proper software. So, had to scale the tables properly which already wasn't doable and together with that the proper scaling of bends, junctions and such. So I had to write software for *that* first, and that never happened.

But maybe the real problem was this :
When I was of the age of 11, we moved to a new house and in the old house my father built that table of the size of the room which could go to the sealing when not in use. I always helped my father with everything and learned a few things there;
All was to fit in a room in the new house, but it didn't. This is how I started to lay out the already fairly much lot just on the floor and with the 5 locs we had I made it all 100% automated. With relais and my own made contact rails and such and 100s of meters of electrical wire. Just on the floor. Once or twice a year I layed it out and made drew a new track design which would bring the most unpredictable behaviour of it all. So, 11 and up;
When 14 years ago our son was born, it was clear he would be joining me in the same fashion, later. So at his first birthday we gave him this nice steam locomotive. That would help.
But today he still doesn't know what to do with a soldering iron and is only capable of positioning his computer mouse a 100 times faster than I can. Plays Railroad Tycoon and the lot (btw the only game I ever played in my whole life). Modern times ? perhaps. But I already said it : once the simulation (or projection) by computer(s) would be there, it would already have been a great thing to play with. That is what *I* saw coming, only getting tired of the physical stuff to come.
So I saw that (not) coming with our son, and no way I would perform such a project for myself. Well, not anymore. Man, I already run hot when I have to plug in the analyser. Haha.

So it's a combination of a few things, but it was too large scaled anyway. Was due to be world's largest and most complex, but merely interesting to watch forever (which all tracks I know are not at all).

Oh, the "operating system" would have been the ERP software from my other life; it can nicely deal with demands and fulfillment which can be used to direct trains from A to B, but merely this ERP system already consists of tracking and directives (where to go to) by means of GPS data ...

wacko
Complex projects can be very enthousiastic as I recall some projects I realized in another life (nothing as complex as you detail here). You also need to feel that there is some kind of support for tasks that are not as exciting... I have abandonned many projects because of a lack of support, not that I asked others to help, but I hoped someone would offer his help.

Of course, this "to happen someday" hobby will be interesting, but not for the same reasons. At this part of my life, apart from very small things, programming is not anymore my activity of choice, but I admire your skills and talent from what you have done.

And as always, it is very interesting Happy

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 05:42:23 pm »

Finally, I checked on the net for this "frog" and "French" thing. I seems that it is not related directly at Canadian French people, but to French (from France) first, and then extended here...

All this is because our French cousins like to eat frog legs... I tried that many years ago and with spices and garlic, I must admit that it really tastes good !

But if one thinks he will jump higher and further after, well... Think again Wink

Wow... I can't imagine the compliments a guy would receive if he eats horse... Hum "You look like an stallion..." ???

But I would not say that I like to eat lobster, nobody would want to shake hand with me...

Alain Happy

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: