XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 18, 2024, 11:31:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverted absolute phase vs inverted absolute phase  (Read 36241 times)
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »

Nothing to do with music but more clear how sensitive people are to situations that are not natural.

Absolute phase is one, having the left and right channels exchanged (both still in the same phase...) is another one (even if you've never heard the recording before, still sounds different!) and to come back to my topic is when you exchange the left and right image... try it if you have something that shows 3D (shutter glasses or special 3D displays), your world will be upside down when you look at the wrong combination.

This clearly shows how the brain CAN'T be fooled if your reference is accurate. The same with audio...

Bert
Hum... I have to admit that I have lost a few references since my girlfriend is in my life Wink I tend to hesitate a lot more and ask myself questions that I never imagined I would ask one day Wink

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: