XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 01:33:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.9z-8-3a  (Read 66492 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »

Hi Arvind,

The Release Notes only suggest the consistent combination to use for best SQ and only subjective to my own listening and idea. That's all !
And the most important part of that is that I now can use no PA for the better. That this goes along with XTweaks Ultimate should not confuse you by thinking that XTweaks are not possible or allowed with PA in use.
And also the other way around : Do not use XTweaks Ultimate and try without PA is a kind of useless, because it would imply the situation from earlier versions, where we about all choose to use PA (including me).

I hope it is clear now !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

What about this setting (W7 / NOS1) :

All what's in my sig, except for Q1=30 and xQ1=10 and next the most important :

Core Appointment Scheme = Nothing plus Clock Resolution = 0.5.
This latter combination might do tricks.

Try this on music of which your think it sounds the most (nice and undistorted !) fresh and dynamic but with the freshness in high resolution "more square" (could be synths).

Now let me know what you perceive for changes ...

Peter

Hi Peter,

The above suggested settings brings the SQ very close to PA on, however it's still a bit harsh & the vocals come a step forward.

To conclude I find that PA on, XTweaks off is number one, followed closely with the above suggested settings.

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56:42 pm »

The above suggested settings brings the SQ very close to PA on, however it's still a bit harsh & the vocals come a step forward.

Peter, regarding your latest suggestion, I agree with Arvind's findings concerning PA off. To me, in my system, the more forward vocals are accompanied by a subtle harshness that takes me back to pre PA days.

Arvind, have you compared 8-3a and 8e? It should be easy for you to try since you don't have xtweaks on in 8-3a--you won't need to do any reboots.  However, you will have to open and then close 8e and then reopen it to get the autohotkeys working correctly. Ignore any reboot message that might come up in the process of opening and then closing 8e.

Just wondering what your impression of this comparison might be cause you seem to be the only other person to report that 8-3a has a bit of harshness with PA off. Here, with 8e, having both xtweaks and PA engaged sounds best.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it seems that in the past there was pretty much agreement about the SQ with each new development in XXHighend. Now though, it seems we may have reached a place where the software is generally so good that  settings, and perhaps even versions, are now more system dependent. There is the subjective element too, but  I think that plays only a small part, if any, in the current split of opinion regarding "what sounds best," because for so long consistent consensus seemed to be the rule.

Just my 2 cents.... Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
GerardA
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:12 pm »

Well, Boleary I have to confess that I experienced some harshness that I was not sure was caused by XXHE. Especially this happened when Adele sings a bit higher and louder. I was thinking it might be the recording but am not sure and not really able to test it now.
It's a shrillness that's realy unlistenable and I suspect it's only one particular frequency range that has this distortionproblem. Maybe somewhere around 2 to 5 kHz?
I guess everyone has Adele? and can test this?

asrock ->intel 6700/4GB/Samsung 850 SSD/Win 10() Pro /XXHE 2.09  Special (32) Clock: max ,SFS: 4  MC, Q1 = 14, Q2,3,4,5=0,0,0,2 Quad AP, No Invert / Playerprio = Belownormal / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = 3 / Mixed contigious / Unattended -> Minidsp 2x4HD (IIR and FIR)->  Mivoc AM80 / 300B / gainclone -> TDL TL/Seas Excell/ScanSpeak
hf
Audio Loudspeaker

Music lover

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

Based on Boleary & Arvinds findings and Peter's suggestion I did a test this evening. I tried the following:

1) Ultimate xtweaks - pa off - 15ms - core scheme 3
2) Ultimate xtweaks - pa off - 0.5ms - no core scheme
3) Ultimate xtweaks - pa on (strenght 1) - 15ms - scheme 3

In my system and my ears 3) sounds the best, then 2) and finally 1. But: it is close, very close sometimes (especially 2 and 3)
I didn't a test with ultimate off since I'm loosing this 'easy-going' and part of the emotion in the music. Note it sounds beautiful but with ultimate on is becomes more involving.
Differences I notice: in 3, less (subtle) harshness; but I like that voices come more forward like Boleary noticed. And with 2 and 3 the sound is more open compared to 1.

Hope this helps and/or gives other ideas. dntknw

XXHighEnd 09-z83a on W7 Pro -16Gb - Ramdisk 4Gb - engine #4 - Adaptive mode - 4096 buffer - Player Low - ThreadPrio Realtime- Qs 30/0/0/0/0 - Qfact 10 - clock 15ms -Tweaks Ultimate - straight cont mode - SFS 120- Max 120 - core scheme 3 - PA on (strength 1) - playback on SATA spinning disc
NOS1 Dac --> LFD power amplifier --> Harbeths monitor 40.1
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:15 am »

I guess everyone has Adele? and can test this?

Adele is a pain and exactly for the reasons you told, Gerard.

But if course this is head in the sand, and it actually should be a good measure. So, I always say "nothing is caused by the recording". Maybe if you can't get it right in 10 years it is. But we all know how super-many "recordings" improved over time, and maybe one day Adele will do too.

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:08 pm »

Peter, regarding your latest suggestion, I agree with Arvind's findings concerning PA off. To me, in my system, the more forward vocals are accompanied by a subtle harshness that takes me back to pre PA days.

Arvind, have you compared 8-3a and 8e? It should be easy for you to try since you don't have xtweaks on in 8-3a--you won't need to do any reboots.  However, you will have to open and then close 8e and then reopen it to get the autohotkeys working correctly. Ignore any reboot message that might come up in the process of opening and then closing 8e.

Just wondering what your impression of this comparison might be cause you seem to be the only other person to report that 8-3a has a bit of harshness with PA off. Here, with 8e, having both xtweaks and PA engaged sounds best.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it seems that in the past there was pretty much agreement about the SQ with each new development in XXHighend. Now though, it seems we may have reached a place where the software is generally so good that  settings, and perhaps even versions, are now more system dependent. There is the subjective element too, but  I think that plays only a small part, if any, in the current split of opinion regarding "what sounds best," because for so long consistent consensus seemed to be the rule.

Just my 2 cents.... Happy

Hi Boleary,

8-3a (XTweaks off) & 8g are very much the same. I just love the SQ, so musical, soft & the soundstage is fantastic.

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »

Thanks Arvind, am assuming you meant 8e when you said 8g. For me 8-3a sounds more rolled off or less open in the high end than 8e. And I have to agree with Peter and Gerard about Adele. Her voice seems to overwhelm the mic when she goes from 0 to 60. For me a better test of how software , etc, deals with the higher frequencies is the acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissett. When "things" are right, her voice sounds great but just the opposite if there's the least hash in the chain.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
henri21961
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 09:21:07 pm »

Hello Peter I don't no what you did with the prog. but it's much more stable  with startup after loading the songs I had some little problems choose the sample ferq. but that problem is complet gone, so as you now ,I'm happy with the new xx it's stable, I can play on special mode with a firewre con. on a weiss dac, no hickups, and the min. mode with xt tweak on My 6 core amd processor works on 102 % just perfect, also when I play with Jriver on the min.mode , It sound much better then the standard mode and close to jplay only the hibernate mode have other sound and accents
xx is still my prog.
lodewiekus
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2013, 01:55:11 am »

Dear Peter I'm a newbe here but there"s nothing wrong with my ears and my modest gear, and after 30 sec. of listening to your program I knew instantly this is gonna be a hit !!@! It was like a present from hell eeh heaven !! Amazing, I've never expected this, that in my lifetime anyone could solve this problem without spending huge amounts of money. I know, I sound silly but I'm exhausted, I hardly slept within three days (or nights) and  wish all of you the best. gonna look for Black sabbath on the net iron man! Was 40 years ago.

Grtzzzzz Lodewiekus (Loek) Wink                                                       
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:41 am »

Hey Loek, nice little story !

I actually never realized that Paranoid is from 43 years ago by now, and how I like the album today the same as back then. Same atmosphere, everything. Still, I was 12 there, so how does it happen ?

Btw, look here : http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2686/Binnenland/article/detail/3422131/2013/04/08/Black-Sabbath-komt-naar-Ziggo-Dome.dhtml
I won't go because I stopped after Sabotage when things started to be "noise" IMO.

Regards, and welcome !
Peter

Welcome !

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:24 am »

Hello Peter I don't no what you did with the prog.

Thank you for the feedback and kind words Henri.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
lodewiekus
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »

thanks for the even so nice re but I just came out of a coma, and when you could see my typing skills you would think that I'm mentally ill...
I can,t wait to unlock your program but have at the moment not the right vitamins on my PayPal.
No job, so I belong to the losers nowadays.
A good sound helps me to forget that ! About half a year ago I bought a Xonar STX for my Stax SRM-Xh, which has survived from a disaster. I had to admit that those little silicon bast.... have made a huge improvement since the days of Black S. LOL. I was really surprised, not bad at all, besides ESR EMI drop outs from Bill, a.s.o.
So a thought lets find out what I can do to improve that, with little money, which is sometimes not poss. Butt logical thinking and studying electronics should do the rest.
And not to forget, what is the approach from other audiofiles in this ?? So I started reading, reading and reading A LOT !! Believe me Pete this is the first time I react on a forum, and (maybe) you wanna know, why.
Besides the technical "things" I missed something.
Until now I've nothing read like: Ive bin to the doctor and gave my earchannels and drums a thorough cleaning and made a app. for a hearing test. And the come out of that was that I have a dip(s) around ..... KHz.
Believe me Pete, no audiofile with gear from 4,5,6, even 7 figures who wants to know that kind of information, or simply think its not thrue or something like: I know what I'm hearing Einstein, you don't !! And that's a fact I have to admit, thats logical thinking from another part of our body: that very big chemical factory between our ears !!
And its not funny to say butt... It makes mistakes, a lot of them. Think about a magician; how the f... does he do that?
It's called the Huntington eff. I believe. Our brains expect what will happen and when it doesn,t it means crysis, chaos.
I mean to say people: be aware of this; and the result is that you give your ch. fact. the time to repare the mistakes.
Make changes step by step, butt that's the problem with our "handycap". Good sound is better than .... !!
Okay guys and girls that was a mistake i'm sorry, those damned chem. again!!
I,m gonna stop making friends now, maybe that is a fact too...

grtz Loek Happy Happy
Decoherent
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »

Holy Moly!

This thing wipes the floor with foobar2k + ASIO! And by a huge margin!
What I had bee listening to all this time?!
Congratulations, you gave me one single good reason to use Windows!

If you just did one for Ubuntu a nice music player could be black-boxed with a simple lcd display.

Amazing work!
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2013, 11:01:07 am »

Hey hey ...

It is quite interesting (well, for me) that two subsequent posts with some "wow" in them, are about the NOT activated version. This, while I don't recall a single other one ever. Of course, everybody who ended up with obtaining a license will have done so for a reason, but still ...

But here's a maybe interesting little story which is not so obvious to all :

What we've always been doing with XXHighEnd, is provide a demo version which should already be better sounding than the competition. So, this is actually for free, and the only downside is the average playback time per XXHighEnd startup which is something like 30 minutes before sound stops.

But is is tough to keep it like this (better sounding with the Demo version already) because all what's in the Activated version is or has been copied by others, and is provided or for free or with some beep or the trial time expires, etc.
So, I can tell you, the really only one player out there which is genuine, is cPlay (cics started just after XXHighEnd but on a very different route, and I (or "we") never looked in there to copy smart stuff). All of the others (and this includes Mac - not Linux which is a quite different story) spring from XXHighEnd.

So, the real thing happens with the activated version, while nobody can try that (with the Demo version), obviously.

The reason why it is setup like this, is to prevent the "copyers" from instantly applying what we found out here which today at least requires a license and which otherwise would be too easy. And mind you, some of the things applied can take MONTHS really to find out how to do it, while copying it may take less than a day.
And maybe I should tell that by now some 12,000 hours of development is in there, and this is only because "we" try to be fresh, new and ahead of everything. Pioneering. This costs infinitely more than copying.

I must honestly add that in the beginning the described above was not the reason; Back then it was about the program tweaking the OS which could be "dangerous" to some, and while things got possibly destroyed (not anticipating any "OS" knowledge), it seemed better to at least pay first before whatever help had to be provided to repair things. But the world has changed since then, and a. actually nothing much goes wrong because it is all quite decent by now, and b. people have gotten more knowledged and install OSes more than I ever did myself. Add to this that other software tries to apply the same for free, and who am I to think people should be protected from this maybe more difficult environment.

Anyway, this is how I like to read posts which almost explicitly are about the Demo version only. Still, it nicely hooks in to my thinkering about how to setup Demo vs Activated in the future, because actually it is totally stupid to provide a Demo version which does not reflect the real SQ capabilities (ehm, by miles).

Possibly this is too much in the open, but people may have more ideas about this than I myself. So, if anyone has good ideas, please let know. I am not sure whether people with a license may come up with better ideas than people without, so I ask both camps to respond. I know, the not activated people merely won't know what it is (or will be) about, but exactly them may feel annoyed not be able to really trial the merits (well, this seems obvious).

So much for my Saturday morning blahblah,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: