XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 12:06:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to play Unattended with 0.9s-1  (Read 16365 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:22:26 pm »

Because some people perceive some misunderstandings about the why's and how's, here is a small outlay :

First of all, Unattended Playback is about one thing only : getting the influence of SQ out of the way of any program normally involved at Playback.
Strangely enough, in our case that would be XXHighEnd itself ...

So Unattended Playback just moves XXHighEnd out of the way, and playback commences out of any control.
When a Playlist is loaded, and Play is clicked, the XXHighEnd screen disappears, but the Playlist is walked through as if under the control of a program, and all tracks are played automatically.
If you do not like this, just do not tick the checkbox concerned, and all is back to normal, which means the screen (better : program) you see, influences SQ. So you could say : ultimate SQ emerges from shutting down the player (XXHighEnd) itself ...

Edit : Below is obsolete. Here's the current situation : http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=279.msg2443#msg2443

If a track is playing, and you want to know the title, you can restart XXHighEnd, and the playing track will be at the top of the Playlist. Seen it ? just click Off, and nothing changed.
But if you want to alter the Playlist, or you want to commence to the next track etc., click Stop always !
Then click on the track where you want playing to commence, and click Play again.
Currently no other means (like clicking Next etc.) is supported. It will in the future, but not now.

If music is playing in the background and you want to get rid of it (go to sleep etc.), just start XXHighEnd and click Stop. Done.
If you want to load new tracks : start XXHighEnd, click Clear, load the tracks, click Stop and click Play.

There is really not more to this, but you need to understand it;
Doing these things without clicking Stop in between will cause anomalies, hence things not covered for yet (!).

If you can't get comfortable with this, just don't use Unattended Playback !

Peter
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:21:51 am by PeterSt » Logged

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:47:53 pm »

ultimate SQ emerges from shutting down the player (XXHighEnd) itself ...

If a track is playing, and you want to know the title, you can restart XXHighEnd, and the playing track will be at the top of the Playlist. Seen it ? just click Off, and nothing changed.
Peter

Ah this explains a lot....  Happy

One question though... Does it also mean that when you like to see the track or cd playing and you click on XX again that that action influences the sound?

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:51:08 pm »

It should theoretically, Bu I did not notice so. The most important things is that it would be a "dead" program, so on that matter it would not harm.
But it's not much useful either.

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:34:59 am »

Ok, Just got around to dling S-1.  I didn't listen to S because I've been busy with work/family, and stuck in another room dling/scanning album art for my collection, (it takes so long to do and I start getting compulsive (back, inside, cd pictures), and I still have a third of my collection to go :/ ... but I digress). hehe I find it Highly Ironic, because I never cared to see album art on my computer, but thought I'd finally put that together ... AND NOW, there's unattended mode??? hehe is this some kinda cruel joke hehe,,, anyway, player is playing and system is warming,,, I'll listen finally in about an hour...after I find this frigin album cover by Funeral Party, a cd i ripped then sold :/ hehe

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 02:50:33 pm »

Hi Peter,

......If you want to load new tracks : start XXHighEnd, click Clear, load the tracks, click Stop and click Play.

The <Delete> button is very important! After the <Clear> you need to use the <Delete>- button to get a new track list

When you use the <Delete> button twice you get a XX crash.

Johan

* delete.jpg (61.25 KB, 445x338 - viewed 851 times.)

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:19:07 pm »

Hmm ... I don't understand the first part, but the second part (delete twice) will be solved.
And ... since the first delete already isn't necessary for anything (IMO), any virtual second is too virtual to cause problems. rofl

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 01:52:22 pm »

And ... since the first delete already isn't necessary for anything (IMO), any virtual second is too virtual to cause problems.

When you deside not to play all the tracks of the playlist and you want to play something else then I need to use the Delete button. Otherwise the old tracklist remains and other tracks are added on the same list.

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 03:47:58 pm »

No Johan, this is not true.
Delete is for physically deleting a saved Playlist (the .PLXX files) from disk.
Clear does just what you want, and it clears the Playlist Area (from tracks to play).

One exception to the latter would be that the currently playing track will stay (at Attended Playback), and you can do two things to get rid of this one :
a. Drag it to the Delete button
b. Click Stop and click Clear.

If this is working differently in your XX, please let me know ...
Happy

Note :
I think I can imagine some confusion, thinking of the auto-reload of the last Playlist in the Playlist Area. I'm not even sure yet that stays as a featute, but people asked for it. Anyway, it still counts that Clear will clear the Playlist Area, and btw when you then click Off, the empty contents is saved. IOW, if you are bothered by the ever reoccurring old Playlist, you could get used to click (Stop-) Clear before you click Off.

If I don't understand what you mean, please let know that too ...  Wink

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:44 pm »

If this is working differently in your XX, please let me know ...

Screen 1: Start XX, Load the cd and start playing Unattended
Screen 2: Open XX, Stop + Clear
Screen 3: Select new cd, Load
Screen 4: Play, Stop and Clear (Sorry wrong TAB)
Screen 5: Select "The Healer", Load
Screen 6: Delete and Load, all ok

As you can see the playlist is getting longer and longer. Yes I am using the Stop and Clear button. Only the use of Delete button eliminates the tracklist from the past, all Healed! Stop and Clear works, when you don't start the player. You can Load and Clear all the tracklists.

scratching

These problems starting from XX 0.9s-0/1.

* screen1.jpg (86.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 805 times.)

* screen2.jpg (66.22 KB, 632x472 - viewed 755 times.)

* screen3.jpg (98.72 KB, 632x472 - viewed 826 times.)

* screen4.jpg (56.5 KB, 632x472 - viewed 819 times.)

* screen5.jpg (106.92 KB, 632x472 - viewed 823 times.)

* screen6.jpg (78.89 KB, 632x472 - viewed 809 times.)

SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 07:50:15 pm »

And ... since the first delete already isn't necessary for anything (IMO), any virtual second is too virtual to cause problems.

When you deside not to play all the tracks of the playlist and you want to play something else then I need to use the Delete button. Otherwise the old tracklist remains and other tracks are added on the same list.

Ok, I get something like this too.  It's when I use the "Library" Tab and select albums by their cover picture.  If I do it this way just pushing clear gets rid of the wav in playlist, but when I pick another album cover under "Library" Tab the new wav appears along with the previous wav played. (I've only played unattended mode).  When picking another album I have to push clear and then delete (it then asks me if I want to delete current playlist and i choose yes).  Then I can pick another album cover and it is the only one in playlist.
If I use the "Library Button" or use explorer to select a new wav, I just have to push clear to get rid of old wav.   Anyway it pretty much goes along with what johanZ has said. 

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 07:56:24 pm »

Have the same problem....  unhappy

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 08:12:18 pm »

Ok, I get something like this too.  It's when I use the "Library" Tab and select albums by their cover picture.

All true and clear guys. Will be solved !

Thank you once again Johan !

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 11:20:29 am »

But if you want to alter the Playlist, or you want to commence to the next track etc., click Stop always !
Then click on the track where you want playing to commence, and click Play again.
Currently no other means (like clicking Next etc.) is supported. It will in the future, but not now.

If music is playing in the background and you want to get rid of it (go to sleep etc.), just start XXHighEnd and click Stop. Done.
If you want to load new tracks : start XXHighEnd, click Clear, load the tracks, click Stop and click Play.

There is really not more to this, but you need to understand it;
Doing these things without clicking Stop in between will cause anomalies, hence things not covered for yet (!).

Since this topic woke up by someone referencing it, the above is not much true anymore for negatives :

• During UnAttended playback the Coverart can show as Wallpaper, including the track playing (see checkbox in the Settings Area for this).
  • Bringing up XXHighEnd and press Next just works. No Stop needed in between.
  • Similarly new tracks can be loaded, and selecting one (or more) and press Play is sufficient to reset playing to those tracks.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
andy74
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:03 am »

Hi Peter,

Suppose I want to do the following:

I have one album that I want to listen for couple of days.
Listen to couple of songs then (please note not "than") stop it and turn off my PC.
Then after a awhile turn it back on and continue with listening. And when the album ends I want it to play again from the start.

Is it something unpopular to do amongst listeners?

With your current version I cannot achieve this because:

1. When I want to stop and turn it off after a couple of first songs, I have to bring up XX then press stop and exit it. This will ruin my playlist because those first songs are gone for good from the playlist. When I next launch XX the playlist won't have that couple of first songs anymore.

2. I failed to find a feature in XX similar to loop or repeat forever of the playlist.

The SQ is perfect that is no argue for me. But some things I would expect from a simple MP3 player are just not there.

Am I asking too much?
What am I missing?

Andrey

1. USB FreeAgent 500Gb -> P4 2.8 2gb RAM Vista Ult  -> XXHE Q1=14 prio both = Normal -> esi juli@ (SPDIF is default device->analog mon in ESI panel->analog outs) -> nad 320BEE->Boston Acoustics cr150
3. IBM thinkpad r52->VIsta Ult XXHE, Unattended playerprio=Nothing threadPrio=Normal -> very cheap usb audio adapter -> shure attenuator -> headphones shure 210 Happy
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 12:49:46 pm »

Hi Andrey. Two things :

1. You are correct (afterall ... you said it before) that eliminating the played tracks from the playlist (which happens at UnAttended Play only -> inconsistent) is not handy. Note though, that since you first mentioned this, the maintaining of "selected" tracks (hence, the one which is playing when you wouldn't explicitly Select) is there. I mean, you could try selecting 3 tracks in the Playlist, go UnAttended, bring up XX, and you'll see that those selected tracks are still selected. Now, *this* will be the means how I'll change the current way of working into a future way of working; that selected track feauture will show you were you are in the Playlist, with all tracks showing as you want. IOW, it is not necessary anymore to show the playing track at the top (hence remove the ones above it which just played). Ok ?

2. If you look below, you see that I seclected a bunch of Pink Floyd albums, and the mouse pointer is at "Play each" - "n times". This will be doing what you want for repeated play (all the selected albums, or better "items" (which can be tracks just the same)). Will be, because at the time (few months back) I wanted to implement this, I found my self without time to finish it before a planned upgrade, and after that other things became more important.

All 'n all, no, what you ask for is rather normal, and as you see, already thought of (and yes it includes your earlier remark, no matter my response back then Happy) . It's only not really there yet. sorry.
Peter

* PlayNTimes01.png (187.16 KB, 559x581 - viewed 746 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: