XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 12:11:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Further Isolation of the Silverstone PCIe - USB Card  (Read 90573 times)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:44:13 am »

Following on from a couple of other threads to do with the PCIe-USB card in the pc, this thread will look at isolating the PCIe-USB card as much as possible from the PCIe socket and the impact, if any, on sound quality.

To implement this, I purchased a $6 PCIe riser cable from fleaBay , read up on the PCIe protocols and formed a plan of attack.  The first thing is to divorce the power to the card from the PCIe socket.  The PCIe socket provides 3.3V, 3.3V Aux. and 12V whilst the USB Host Controller on the Silverstone card needs 3.3V and 1.05V.  Additionally the USB ports on the card need a 5V supply and this is supplied from an external source.

The pinout for the x1 PCIe connectors is shown in the image below.  The forward 11 pins handle power, connection testing (JTAG) and System Management Bus (SMB):  the JTAG and SMB functions are not required by a USB card.  Likewise, my aim here is to cut the power supplies from the PCIe socket in the computer, so theoretically the 12V, 3.3V, 3.3V Aux and ground pins are not required either.

With these things in mind I set about butchering my brand new PCIe riser cable to experiment with pins 1-11 on both the B (component side) and A (solder side) sides.  I cut wires incrementally and have determined the following things for the Silverstone card:
  • The Silverstone card does not use the 12V or 3.3V Aux supply pins at all.  It only uses the 3.3V supply pins.
  • The card does use the "Wake" pin, although this is an optional pin used for waking the card from low power states (ie. from sleep).  The "Wake" pin is the only pine used on the B side of the card (the component side).
  • The only pins used on the A side (the solder side) are the "PWR Good" and "PRSNT1" pin (use to determine what size card is attached to the PCIe socket - in this case a x1 card)
  • If I supply 3.3V from my lab LPS to the PCIe pins, and return the ground via pin 7 the card runs perfectly.  Note I also have 5V feeding the molex plug.

So, it can be done...I am now powering the Silverstone card from two rails of my lab LPS and it functions perfectly.  The orange pins from 1-11 on both the A and B sides in my PCIe pinout below are the only ones connected to the PCIe socket (every pin 12-18 is still connected).  Pin 7B goes to ground in the 3.3V rail of my lab LPS, and pins 8B/9A/10A all go to the positive.

How does it sound?  I will leave that for another day because I have only just started playing music through it, but the signs are promising.

The next step is to fiddle with pins 12-18.  All of these pins are required (CLKREQ would not be required if the card only supported a high power state i.e. always on) but there are 6 ground pins which depending on the design of the Silverstone card may or may not be related to the data operations of the card and not the power operations.  I will look into it.

Cheers,

Anthony

* Silverstone PCIe Pinout.png (60.45 KB, 496x783 - viewed 5246 times.)

* IMG_2534 small.JPG (99.08 KB, 802x535 - viewed 3198 times.)

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:39:02 am »

I found a little more time this afternoon and managed to have a hack at pins 12-18 on the riser cable.  Have a look at the attached diagram (orange are the pins connected between the PCIe socket on the mobo and the Silverstone Card)...ground is now _completely_ severed and power is now completely supplied from my lab LPS (3.3V to the PCIe pins and 5V to the molex plug).

It's probably placebo...but 5 minutes in the sound in freakin' awesome.

Can somebody else have a go at this?  You will need a two rail supply and a cheap PCIe riser cable.

Anthony

EDIT: There is a better image attached in the PDF file.

* Silverstone PCIe Pins2.pdf (752.54 KB - downloaded 605 times.)

* Silverstone PCIe Pinout #2.png (78.54 KB, 671x961 - viewed 3319 times.)

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:29 am »

Hey Anthony,

I didn't read your text yet, but is it possible that you downsize that large picture (width 800 or so) and put that as *additional* attachment ? Put it in as the first attachment (so detach the other two (in the first post I mean), start with the downsized and then add the other two again.

Navigation in such a large picture is almost undoable (per this forum means), but works quite well if you can see where you want to navigate to *first* (that's why the smaller picture).

Will dive into the content later ...
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:36:12 am »

Done Peter.  I have to remember that not everyone has a couple of giant hi-res screens in front of them...that image fits on the page on one of my screens.

Anthony

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:34 am »

Ah super Anthony. But notice that you can (or should) just attach that large picture as the third attachment now (might people want to see details).

Btw, I already noticed that you have a nice camera there ...

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:41:24 am »

Btw, here is something I had under my sleeve since two days, and I should have put it up right away; It is from Silverstone Taiwan and the most useful part you already found yourself (12V not used at all) :

(do notice : this is a response to what has been read in our forum about the card and is not much about my explicit questions (I asked for the schematic which they won't provide))

However you request about the power current for the USB port, since EC04-P does not limit the power current in each of the USB port, so in theory it can be based on the maximum power current which is provided by the power supply to use, but the user must  consider the USB connector has to withstand power current the restrictions to the standard USB 3.0 interface as standard power current term, usually its typical power current is 1.8A for each USB connector.

and

Notice for this user., our EC01-P/EC03-P/EC04-P used PCIe 3.3V to convert voltage to host ic(NEC) and molex power connector provide the 5V power to each USB port and we didn't use 12V power for these models.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:15 am »

Btw, here is something I had under my sleeve since two days, and I should have put it up right away; It is from Silverstone Taiwan and the most useful part you already found yourself (12V not used at all) :

(do notice : this is a response to what has been read in our forum about the card and is not much about my explicit questions (I asked for the schematic which they won't provide))

However you request about the power current for the USB port, since EC04-P does not limit the power current in each of the USB port, so in theory it can be based on the maximum power current which is provided by the power supply to use, but the user must  consider the USB connector has to withstand power current the restrictions to the standard USB 3.0 interface as standard power current term, usually its typical power current is 1.8A for each USB connector.

and

Notice for this user., our EC01-P/EC03-P/EC04-P used PCIe 3.3V to convert voltage to host ic(NEC) and molex power connector provide the 5V power to each USB port and we didn't use 12V power for these models.

Ha, well I guess that is now confirmed!!

Audio PC

Audio Chain
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »

Hi Anthony,

Its a miracle this works. Except for the tx and treceive lines that are balanced all other pins are referenced to groud. Without a ground the voltage cannot be determined. I expect that a pin that is 'low' provides the grnd connection necessary for operation.

I would be really concerned about ESD between card and mobo as there is no other path to travel besides the 'hot' pins.

Did you reference the powersupply to any pc ground?

Regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »

Hi Coen,

I am surprised this works too.  Not only that but it works straight away.

The lab LPS is plugged into the same power socket as the rest of the audio gear including the pc, but other than the four wires running to the Silverstone card there is no other connection.

All I can say is that I ran this for a few hours last night and did not have any issues and that it sounded great.

Anthony

EDIT: The two PRSNT pins are directly bridged on the PCIe card so that the PCIe Host Controller on the mobo knows what sized card is in the slot, so these two pins are not referenced to ground on the PCIe card at all.

Audio PC

Audio Chain
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:59 am »

So I have done a little bit of listening this afternoon and I must say that the change for me here is as big as minimising the o/s.  My friend Dave was here as well.  Dave is a music lover but not an audiophile (lucky bloke!) and has a good ear for music but does not spend any time reading a audio or visiting forums and such.

Anyway, Dave was convinced of the changes in my system with this tweak and heard them pretty much as I did.  His most telling comment was that it was just "less noisy - more clear".  My own comments are significantly increased clarity with a speed and separation that is easy to hear particularly in the voices and with normally harsh instruments such as the cymbals and bells.  Remember this is with an isolated Silverstone card, which I did not like initially, but with further isolation from the PCIe bus the sound is sweet and delicate and dynamic and beautiful.  The "sssss's" sizzle and decay but don't bite. 

But the most important improvement for me is the "presence"...I am getting more nuance, micro-detail, clarity and believability.  It is a beautiful sound and a major step forward in my system.

So, what is causing this?  Is it that the ground for the USB card is now separated from the XXHE pc?  Is it that the cheap lab LPS is injecting cleaner power into the Silverstone card which in turn is helping the USB Host Controller IC and clock to perform more optimally?  Is it a combination of the above?  I don't know.  All that I know is that it is a major step forward in sound quality and it is something that I can make easily and it is something that Peter could also make easily.

My next thoughts are to the dexa clock guys.  Can you give this a try?  I will post a more detailed procedure to get this to work.  What I want to know is if this further isolation of the UCB card improves your sound with the clock mods.  If there is no change then we may be able to say that the clock mods account for the just about all of your improved sq and my isolation scheme is not warranted in that setup.  What I would like to hear (but of course I want the truth) is that this isolation scheme helps further with your setups and that the clock quality is not the be-all-and-end-all, although that would make things easier!!

Cheers,

Anthony

Audio PC

Audio Chain
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

Hi Anthony,

Did you disconnect the chassis ground wires in the NOS1 like Peter suggested in the " best sound ever"  disconnected ground thread?

If you didn't its about the USB grounding wire from the USB receptacle to the PSU and the one from the PE to the chassis.

regards, Coen

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 02:13:14 pm »

Hi Anthony,

Did you disconnect the chassis ground wires in the NOS1 like Peter suggested in the " best sound ever"  disconnected ground thread?

If you didn't its about the USB grounding wire from the USB receptacle to the PSU and the one from the PE to the chassis.

regards, Coen
Hi Coen,

There are two of them to disconnect ? There is one that I disconnected from the printed circuit (it is attached to the upper right screw in the right branch when facing the NOS1), but the other ?

Regards,

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:00 pm »

The other runs at the power connector end of the right leg (fron facing) to a screw at the top of the right side of that leg....

regards, Coen

juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 02:31:00 pm »

Hi Alain,

Before opening my NOS1 I wonder if you noticed something after disconnecting the cable.

Incidentally, I think you just have to disconnect the black wire to avoid doing so in the USB cable that is more difficult. At least this is what I understood from Peter posts.

Best regards,
Juan

Edit: these are Peter words: "under the top right bolt of that PSU is a black wire; unscrew the bolt, detach the wire (it is not soldered), ...do NOT detach it from the USB interface as of now because it is too fragile there."

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »

H*ll no Coen. I never said anything about the wire from PE to the chassis ... Leave that be please.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: