XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 29, 2024, 01:26:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NOS1 Upgrade contains ...  (Read 82314 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 06:27:08 pm »

I actually should have kept you posted about how it still takes "weeks" after all was set and only the final parts had to be bought in their needed quantities. But I didn't because each event in itself did not seem worth while. Maybe later when I can recall all. But the last one I won't hold from you. It is too crazy (or shameful) to actually tell about it :

So think of it. As announced today final wire arrangements were going to be set (should look neat, must be decent, must work, must be workable (don't underestimate this). This is about the interface connections. OK ...
So as I told in the OP I think, one of the things to be done is lengthen the internal audio wire connections to the output terminals. One of the stupid parts of it is how to close the now emerged holes nicely because the output terminals will change position. It was saved as the very last thing to do because what can go wrong with making new wires to the output connectors. So part of the day was spent on closing those holes invisibly.

Well, if you sit down to adapt the final first production version for this very last simple thing of new audio wiring - after finding the nice solution to close those holes, you ... find that you ran out of this wire.
Of course there was no alarm flag on that because dozens of these were preproduced and ... of course that preproduction stopped until the reel ran out. Just look at the shrinking pile of those wires plus connectors and when that starts to run out order a new reel.
Yes, nice.

*Of course * that's found out when all manufacturers of that wire need orders before 4pm to have it the next day, at ... 4:05pm. So no wire tomorrow either.

Such kind of things happen daily and actually I am waiting for still a next one. I can't think of one, but that already happened a week ago.

I could write a nice novell about it all.
swoon
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »

Hi Peter,

You need a kind of warehouse and planning system.....
But I think you know these systems.

Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 08:45:35 pm »

Thanks Peter,

This opens the doorway to a giant leap in responsiveness!

Ahum. Not that I thought about THAT.
aggressive

Next up : An isolator for the PC mains ?

Maybe the linear supply helps out here. That is, it is much less directly coupled to the mains with that nice filter called a transformer.
Further down that road we could envision a relatively powerfull and very low power "pc" running on batteries being totally decoupled from the mains...

Not totally scifi with the current enourmous research efforts in battery technology.
 A super low noise -solar charged- battery powered supply for the NOS1(b?) complement would create a completely mains independent system. Hmmm.

I get carried away, one step at a time!

Regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 03:07:50 pm »

*Of course * that's found out when all manufacturers of that wire need orders before 4pm to have it the next day, at ... 4:05pm. So no wire tomorrow either.

So let's continue only this small one ...

Today still no wire. It came from a local supplier who could deliver the next day after ordering on Tuesday. So that was done ... he says. Called the bloke Wednesday and it already didn't sound good. He not, I mean. "Wait till 6pm, then I can call the shipper". And "no tracking data - this goes on the big pile". DHL ? Don't believe that. And "will sort it out tomorrow". Yes ? on a holiday ?

No answers to emails, no pickup of the phone any more today. Postponed holiday I suppose.
DHL knows nothing of any shipment to our address.

I think this can go in the books as the very first time I was hoaxed. I can have that for the 50 euros I paid for that reel. But that it out of all happens *now* ?

This afternoon we will get it from a normal physical shop. Two times that other price but alas.

Sorry people but it will be worth the waiting still ...
Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2014, 03:52:11 pm »

This afternoon we will get it from a normal physical shop.

I do believe this gives the SQ an extra boost!!

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2014, 03:56:34 pm »

It has to be Joachim ! More expensive wire is better SQ !
Always.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »

It has to be Joachim ! More expensive wire is better SQ !
Always.

Ok, Ok!
Germans are not famous for their "jokes"!

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »

If you only understand the Dutch !
Happy

But seriously ... I understand your response, but it really wasn't intended to come across as how you (always ?) see such responses. I wonder how others appreciate it ?
So in my view it must be the other way around. It is my (Dutch ?) jokes which don't come across.

So for the next time ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2014, 06:36:26 pm »

Hi,
Today I heard about teleporting off data with quantum parts......
Maybe in the next NOS1b version no expensive wires are needed anymore.
Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:32 pm »

Hey Arjan, the NOS1b is a great idea. Who could argue with getting rid of ALL cables: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/30/science/scientists-report-finding-reliable-way-to-teleport-data.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&region=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article.
 Hey Peter, hope you'll have this figured out soon! Happy

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »

I got your joke Peter, loud and clear, I even had a chuckle...hehehe.

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2014, 07:39:34 pm »

I think this can go in the books as the very first time I was hoaxed.

Re-set to zero !
The reel arrived today after all. Now what shall we make out of all that length Wink ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 05:30:00 pm »

Just to keep you updated ...

First NOS1a was just picked up (travels to the other side of the globe).

And what I did not know myself yet because previous measurements were taken from my pilot NOS1 all covered with measurement wires, well, look below. This is the output noise and there is just no single spur of 50Hz mains any more. Just nothing. Analyser is set to its best granularity which also relates to the bandwidth shown (1800Hz here though screenshot shows less).

Now I even myself say wow.
Peter

* NoisePC02.png (6.04 KB, 538x235 - viewed 1265 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 08:46:11 pm »

I thought to provide some pictures of the first finished NOS1a. Even with high resolution links to nicely zoom in if you want. Now you don't need to lift the cover right away in order to see what has been changed.
Notice : The blue output wires (those which didn't want to arrive) are folded back to let show better the things what it is about. So this looks a bit messy now; in practice it isn't.
Also, in the very left hand side of the first picture you see two (Elna) capacitors while it is one in practice.

High Resolution link Phasure NOS1a 01

High Resolution link Phasure NOS1a 02

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Nick
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:05 am »

Peter hi,

I'm loving what you have done, the audio clock right next to the DACs and the USB interface slaved to these clocks, surely it cannot get better  Happy and the output noise plot above WOW !

I think it's time to add me to the waiting list for the upgrade if you would please.

Best regards,

Nick.

Audio PC

C621 motherboard, Xeon 40 thread CPU.

w10 14393 RAM OS => XX V2.10 / adaptive mode / XX buffer 4096 / NOS USB driver v 1.02 buffer 16ms / Q1,2,3,4,5 = 10,-,1,1,1 / xQ1 =15 / unattended / SFS 0.69Mb / memory straight continuous / system clock 15.0ms / Threadprio RealTime / Playerprio Low / CPU scheme 3-5 / 16x Arc Prediction / Peak Extend off / Phase alignment off / Phase off  / XTweaks : Balanced Load 35 / Nervous Rate 10 (or15) / Cool when Idle n/a / Provide Stable Power 0 / Utilize Cores always 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability  On =>  Lush USB cable => modified NOS1 USB DAC => no pre amp => Orelo active horn loudspeakers with modified bass channel DSPs.

Music server: X99, Xeon 28 thread PC.

System power two 3kva balanced tranformers with dedicated earth spur.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: