XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 10:50:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigel Kennedy  (Read 3974 times)
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:56:27 am »

Last weekend 3 of us saw Nigel Kennedy at the Round House in London. Billed as "Bach to the Future" it was supposed to be that the first half of the programme would be Bach and the second half various music by Nigel's Polish group and guests (including two from the Jazz Warriors). The set kicked off with Nigel playing a couple of Bach Sonata/Partita's sitting in the audience with a couple of lucky girls. Then another piece back on the stage. Then Nigel stepped forward and said "Bach created the harmonic structure of music and so I am going to explore a few more modern pieces in other words I feel justified in playing what the f*** I want" good old Nige!!!!

Anyway the rest of the evening was playing all sorts of stuff including classical jazz, gypsy, Klezmer and much more.

Towards the end of the evening Nige and the band played a Hendrix number. Wow was it good!! brilliant and complex with Nige playing his electric violin.

Back in 1997 I bought "Kafka" which is pretty much when NK started exploring music outside of classical. I did not rate it that high because Nige really could not throw off the classical shackles. In fact no classical musician I have heard to date has managed that. That was then - now Nigel has managed it now and in some style. To hear a virtuoso performer play Hendrix and for it to sound like proper rock but at the same time sublimely good quality playing was a real treat. NK has achieved something no other virtuoso classical musician has achieved (that I know of anyway). What a stonking good set!!!.

If you get a chance you have to see him!!!

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: