XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 08:30:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First impression of the NOS1a (and Orelo)  (Read 64434 times)
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:24 am »

Hello all,
Last Sunday evening we had our first impression of the NOS1a at Peters home. My family and me have enjoyed the hospitality of Peter and his family that evening. Special thank you to Ciska and Paul! We know now who is the better drummer! Luckily the worse drummer is so well gifted in other areas. Although The Netherlands is a small country we discovered this nice region around Oene (Epe) again.
During the meal we talked about our jobs and I learned also Peters honest passion in that area.
And Ciska the meal was delicious!

Off course we listened to music via the NOS1a and the Orelo speakers. I learned some new music and passed the test! Also Peter learned some new music he already had in his possession. Because we could listen to music we were familiar with also my children enjoyed it.

I was able to NOT fall in love with the Orelo speakers. And I am happy with that, because they will never fit in our listening room (=living room) And buying a new home for speakers will never pass the board.
I think they are speakers you have to learn listening to, but they are really good. It is like falling in love, not at first sight, but you have to learn them better, and you will see that they have the best character and soul there is. That is good, I know from experience that a speaker that gives you a first WOW effect will be hated after 2 weeks. And off course the whole setup is so different from my own, like the size of the room to name one. Yes they are really good, that was proven by the live drumming recordings we heard. What I really liked was the reproduction of voices!

Peter is already using his new filter in xxhighend. He did one switch back to the old, I did not know that but he asked me what was different. For me the new filtering is the better one, in one word its cleaner! But I know of people who will be able to write a long essay about this.

Our main reason to be there was, picking up a new NOS1a! Yes, we have it.

Later to day I will write my first impressions with it at home. It is not an upgraded NOS1! So I can not write about the upgrade. Sneak peek: It is good, even after just 1 day!

kind regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

Our main reason to be there was, picking up a new NOS1a! Yes, we have it.

Later to day I will write my first impressions with it at home. It is not an upgraded NOS1! So I can not write about the upgrade. Sneak peek: It is good, even after just 1 day!

kind regards, Arjan

Hi Arjan,

Congrats, you'll be probably the first to have one at home. Peter probably warned you, but if the 1a behaves anything like the NOS1, then you'll be in for some burning-in roller coaster the next month!

Enjoy,

regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
vrao
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »

Hey Arjan,

I just wanted to let you know, my first impression on the MK-II was just the same. It felt very ordinary (nothing special)  ... What was Peter raving about?, live with them for a while, then slowly you feel it's virtues grow. More specifically it does not have audible distortion/enhanced dynamics (these are loudness cues with higher order harmonics, such as the amps clipping or the speaker distorting), which can as you say cause a "wow effect" in the beginning, but your ears will later tell you something's wrong.
Previously, when discovering music before, I would listen to less than one minute of a song or few songs on CDs for sampling, now, I tend to listen to the entire album.

Congrats on your 1a, I'm looking forward to your impressions.
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

Well, mine are now up and running. But I will not say a word about the sound until:
a) I get my NOS1a from Peter (probably early next week)
b) the speakers have had a good time to burn-in

But here's a pic...

Mani.

* Orelo Corner.jpg (130.33 KB, 826x465 - viewed 1393 times.)

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »

Well, mine are now up and running. But I will not say a word about the sound until:

But here's a pic...

Mani.

Hi Mani,

nice to see, but

no carpets in the room?

Joachim
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »

But here's a pic...

Mani.

Congratulations!!  Nice...  Happy new year !

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 06:21:41 pm »

Congratulations!!  Nice...

Thanks. They are, aren't they?

no carpets in the room?

Yep, no carpets. This is totally 'by design'. I find any carpets or soft furnishing deaden the sound. Without these things, the room has just the right amount of 'life'.

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

Wow, I really like the finish! 

Birds-eye maple??

Regards,
Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
CoenP
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 08:32:23 pm »

Congrates with the new speakers!

They look neither big nor obtrusive in your room.

regards, Coen

Settings: Qn: , SFS: , timeres: XT tweaks: , buf: 4096, driver: 8 ms,

Audio PC (jan 19): XXHE PC v1 with RAMdisk w.o. videocard and 1 of 2 cpu fans + BRIX/USB3 storage musicserver. ETN to Fibre converters (linear supplies), 500m SFP modules & 5m OM4 cable. Power cable PE not connected, together with nos1 and poweramp in separate "audio" powerstrip.

Clarixa set + Intona (or Lush 1m), Phasure NOS1a-75B G3 USB (buf 16 ms)-> Blaxius ->SE EL95 (0,8W triode) + cheap link to Abaqus 300W plateamps> Bastanis cable-> Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo ("DIY").

[other sources: TD124/3009SII-i/Grace F9/lounge LCR phono; Rega Planet 1997 vintage]
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:28 pm »

They look neither big nor obtrusive in your room.

regards, Coen

Hi Mani,

this was my first impression too. Special adaption for your room? This size has a high WAF.
http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=2921.0

------------------------

Did you find the optimal acoustic position for the speaker already?.

Joachim
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:11 am »

Hi all,

Mani, congrats with the Otelos. They look very nice!

First the NOS1a! Yesterday I let it burn-in, just one day....I know that is nothing.
Today I had some time to listen, and it is very good already! It is a better DAC then the replaced NAD M51 with audiophilleo 2 spdif converter. How much better, difficult to say the sound character is not changed, just a bit better in all areas. The NAD M51 was not bad at all, especially with my xxhighend pc that is powered by linear psu's. But it looks like a pc on an intensive care with all the leads going in and out.

But as Coen already stated the burn-in rollercoaster must be finished before I can make final conclusions.

One thing I checked Today (maybe to early as well) is there a difference in SQ depending on the pc used. I made a new fanless pc (hdplex case) and linear psu (hdplex). It is a low power i7 so less powerfull then the xxhighend pc. I run xxhighend on it without any special settings like minimized OS or playback drive. I compared it with the xxhighend pc that has all possible features active. And (wispering) I hear very small differences, the fanless pc sounds a bit leaner and more restless in difficult music parts. So at this moment I still prefer my xxhighend pc.

Peter, on the fanless Pc I use the xxhighend -e version, not on the xxhighend pc, might that be the reason? Do you have some hints for other possible reasons? Or just wait untill I have done this test again.

I will first burn-in the NOS1a for a couple of weeks and do this test later on again!

And with the fanless pc I also really like the SQ!

Kind regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:48:46 am »

Hey Arjan,

Peter, on the fanless Pc I use the xxhighend -e version, not on the xxhighend pc, might that be the reason?

Of course when you swap from the one PC to the other there's more burn-in on the DAC by then. Haha.
But no, I don't think that anything has changed. The only real subject can be the new filtering but in your (-e) version that has been shut off.
Keep us posted.

Because we could listen to music we were familiar with also my children enjoyed it.

Maybe we must be careful when children of ~15 of age start to overdo the behaviour of their fathers up to the fathers utilizing the children to confirm what they maybe hear themselves. At some stage I winked to the women outside to let peek into your all behaviour - something worked.

But about that, you can see how fragile things are. Like with Sibelius (wasn't that Opus 26 ? haha); you hardly will have (explicitly) noticed, but what was that according to your daughter ? saltless. "So what" you could think. But I heard it too. So I flipped the F-M switch at the back of the speakers so that now the 1K-4K region was lifted one step. Remember ? you asked "what did you do". But did you notice the right away different behaviour of your daughter ? suddenly even Opus 26 worked. She now moved on the way the music was intended and was suddenly involved ...
So fragile things are.

But it is also about the totally innocent remarks from those with the somewhat less knowledge I always enjoy. Hard to explain to others, but if your wife - clearly not all *that* interested - says "but at home it is always so in your face" then our "system owners" response is easily "but we listen way more close" (smaller room). Done.
But not done, because that should not happen anyway. Or at least not because of that reason.
There wasn't enough time to set up in-depth discussions, but I am sure we could have deliberated quite a lot over how we "system owners" (always proud about it) should observe better our children and especially those who are not much interested in the first place - and thus are more easily disturbed about our volume setting ... our partner. So if our wife tells us things sound harsh, we better take that for granted and try to do something about it.

Anyway what I liked the best is how children of that age can be involved with music and I'm afraid that a "hey, what do you think - look in the midst of what they grow up !" isn't the complete answer. Explicitly involve them (like you do Arjan) seems key though and at least I noticed that when I only one time ask Paul to listen for me to something (could be noise) he will forever come back on it when necessary ("hey dad, I hear noise today !"). So in my view there is a "helping" part in children which is mighty important and when children can help their parents in orders of "parent just can't themselves" then children might go all the way. This is not weeding the garden because you can do that yourself just the same.

OK, this was a bit too deep maybe, but let's say I am jealous somewhat. And maybe I learned a few things ...

Hey, welcome to the club !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:37 am »

Arjan, also look here : Re: NOS1 Upgrade contains ....

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »

STOP PRESS : STOP PRESS : STOP PRESS

My NOS1a ('white sheep') has arrived home. VJ, and anyone else commenting on the sound of the Orelos can just stop until they have a NOS1a connected up. This has taken things to a totally different level. I used to think that XX was the best bargain in hifi, but I now unreservedly revise that to the NOS1a. For me, this is the end game for a DAC. I'll post more detailed thoughts later.

I'm going to hold off from commenting about the Orelos for a while longer to let everything burn in a little more. Nick and Paul are due to come over on the 22nd, which might be a good time for the 3 of us to share our thoughts.

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 04:49:54 pm »

Happy Happy Happy

Next up could be a new filter.

haha

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: