XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 04:13:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First impression of the NOS1a (and Orelo)  (Read 63911 times)
Jud
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »

Hey Mani,

I would love a filter that sounds essentially like AP, but that has a weightier (but still accurate) bottom end.

So, we can work this out en public. And let's say that we both should be careful; some may lose some may win. And it is literally about that in my opinion. So if you have an example album/track for me I can try to work it out from my side; I will tell you whether I have it and if not you can (please) send it to me.
Anyway I think this should be educational (not only for me and/or you).

Peter

I was just listening to "Love in Vain" off the Stones' "Stripped" (wonderful mostly acoustic version) last night and wondering if you had it, Peter.

Win 7 64-bit; i7-950@3.07GHz; 16GB RAM; OS on SATA 6GB/s SSD; AIFF files on external FW HDD; XXHE and Playback Drive on separate RAMdisks; no page file; Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/preamp; PSE Studio IV amp; Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers or Etymotic Research ER-4P in-ear monitors.  XXHE 0.9z-8-3a settings for the moment: Peak Extend; Arc Prediction; Redbook files upsampled 2x; KS Adaptive Mode; Phase Alignment off; buffer=512; Straight Contiguous; Playerprio=Low; ThreadPrio=RealTime; Unattended; OS minimized; all services off; Q1=17, factor=2; SFS=2.1; XXTweaks=Ultimate; Time Performance Index=Not the best.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 07:09:29 pm »

OK, let's go for track 3 (September) on 'Sephyra' by Artemis. I have the 24/44.1 FLAC which I've sent you a link for downloading.

This is a very clean recording. With 16x AP (yes, I still prefer double octo) it's a bit too lean low down. With some of the HQP filters, the balance is perfect... but the overall sound way too soft, with a clear softening of transients.

Yeah, nice one;

Listened to it and had some kind of verdict ready and then 20 minutes later I thought of what I forgot about : listening to the new filter here. So, listened again, now through AP (16x).
Yes, there is a difference;

At first I thought it was the bass making the difference, but after re-listening to the new filter I don't think it is that. But a bit difficult to explain, or maybe you recognize it Mani;

The highs in normal AP are relatively "on/off" - a bit like the Silverstone card emphasises. This though makes the bass underwhelming. The highs in the new filter are more. But not so much on/off (call that distortion if you like). So more smooth.

The first answer I had ready was this one :
There is something not completely right with this recording;
The profound low frequency you hear is on estimate 70-80 Hz (maybe 60Hz because it varies) and in itself nothing is wrong with that (I wouldn't want that higher in level either). But then there's this DC-like "hits" which are at too much of a distance of the remainder. Read : this looks like ambient response (recording room response) while the base of it is not there. So I tried my very best to hear a kick drum (which would be the logical explanation for such a response) but ... do you hear that ? I don't.

Then I started typing this post and realized that this is 24/44.1 and recalled that only a few days ago I tried all of those I have here and they are all wrong. So maybe this one too (taken from a DVD or something, perhaps).

Feel your woofers to understand what I mean - you can actually feel it DC-like going out and in at hits (maybe DC Offset of the NOS1(a) shows it.

No one wins. But I don't think this is a good example.
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »

I just put up a "working" album, and then with kick drum hits - apart from the larger excursion - you feel a frequency within that hit. And now I also hear a kick drum.

But feel free to try (both) other examples. And don't forget : when that DC-like hit distorts (which it does not with your MKII) then there will be a higher order (harmonic) frequency. But of course we have to call that distortion.

Regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »

Jud, I have all kinds of responses after listening to almost the whole album. But first we have to defeat Juan.
I learned Holland and Spain are no enemies but I am not sure yet. So first that. bye

More tomorrow - *if* I don't foget my impressions.
Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »

Ok Peter, you got it unhappy now you can happily return to the Orelo and the Nos1a

We'll be back (I hope  Happy)
Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:17 pm »

The highs in normal AP are relatively "on/off" - a bit like the Silverstone card emphasises. This though makes the bass underwhelming.

This is a nice explanation for what I always felt of AP - the cleanest sounding filter I've ever heard, but ever so slightly lean low down.

Then I started typing this post and realized that this is 24/44.1 and recalled that only a few days ago I tried all of those I have here and they are all wrong. So maybe this one too (taken from a DVD or something, perhaps).

No, it's a download direct from the Artist's website. I sent you the 24/44.1 version because it sounds so much better than my CD rip of the same song. I don't think this has anything to do with 16bit vs. 24bit. I've always thought that CD authoring is a bit hit 'n' miss, and my CD rip is a great example of a miss. I'll send this to you too so you can compare yourself when you have the time and/or inclination.

Feel your woofers to understand what I mean - you can actually feel it DC-like going out and in at hits (maybe DC Offset of the NOS1(a) shows it.

OK, will try.

So again, when's the new filter available for us to try?

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2014, 05:08:42 pm »

Are you using the cables that I sent you?

Hey Juan, I forgot to reply to you. Yep, I'm using the cables you sent me. I think they're really good. I'm sure I've said it before - even at 10m length, they seem to have absolutely no detrimental effect on the sound. I'm very pleased with them, and for the money they were a steal.

Cheers, Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »

So again, when's the new filter available for us to try?

Oops, I'm sorry. Working on that now again after finalizing the Driver for the NOS1a (works, but needs another small week for the signing of the Driver for W8.

But no idea yet. I am trying to find the source of ticking which can happen.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
juanpmar
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

Are you using the cables that I sent you?

Hey Juan, I forgot to reply to you. Yep, I'm using the cables you sent me. I think they're really good. I'm sure I've said it before - even at 10m length, they seem to have absolutely no detrimental effect on the sound. I'm very pleased with them, and for the money they were a steal.

Cheers, Mani.

Great!

Juan

Audio Pc: Processor i7 970: 3200MHz (reduced to 1668MHz), 6+6 cores/ RAM Corsair DDR3, 24Gb, 1333MHz/ Mb Asus X58 Sabertooth/ OS and XXHE in Peter's RAM-Disk / The CPU fan is the only one in the Audio Pc: NF-S12A (600rpm/6.7db)/ No graphic card/ Power supply: Seasonic SS-400FL2, fanless.

Configuration and Updates in HOW I'VE BUILT MY NEW PC...http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=1673.0. This post is very old but maybe someone still find it useful

XXHighEnd: 2.11a. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN/ KS:Phasure NOS1 Out 4.0/ #4 Engine/ Adaptive Mode/ Q1=10, Q3,4,5=1, xQ1=15/ Dev.Buffer: 4096/ ClockRes: 15ms/ Straight Contiguous/ SFS: 0.69 (max 0,69)/ Not Invert/ Phase Alignment Off/ Allow format change/ Decode HDCD/ Playerprio: Low/ ThreadPrio: Real Time/ Scheme: Core 3-5/ UnAttended/ Not Switch during Playback Off/ Playback Drive none/ UnAttended/ Include Garbage Collect/ Copy to XX Drive by standard/ Always clear Proxy before Playback/ Stop Desktop Services/ Stop Remaining Services/ Stop All Services: Off/ Keep LAN Services: On - Persist: Off/ Use Remote Desktop/ Minimize OS/ XTweaks : Balanced Load 35/ Nervous Rate 10/ Cool when Idle -/ Provide Stable Power 0/ Utilize Cores always 1/ Time Performance Index: Optimal / Time Stability: Stable / Arc Prediction/ Number of cores in use: 12 (máx. 6-12)

Music Server PC (W10) totally silent with OS (W10) in SSD and music inside in SSDs - RDC > Ethernet Gigabyte cable 3m > Audio Pc > 1m USB Lush cable directly from the USB3.0 in the motherboard > PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 (Driver v1.0.4) 16ms > Blaxius BNC interconnects > Genelec 1037B 3-Way Active speakers with BNC inputs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »

No, it's a download direct from the Artist's website. I sent you the 24/44.1 version because it sounds so much better than my CD rip of the same song. I don't think this has anything to do with 16bit vs. 24bit. I've always thought that CD authoring is a bit hit 'n' miss, and my CD rip is a great example of a miss. I'll send this to you too so you can compare yourself when you have the time and/or inclination.

Hey Mani,

Now we have a strange problem;
So, listened to the CD rip. Today I did NOT re-listen to the 24/44.1. Now maybe it's my changed ears since yesterday, but this is 10 times more open. Yesterday my impression was "synth stuff". Today ? today the drums are utterly realistic.

Now I don't know when you compared these both but with my tweeter and such by now well played in (broken in) with yours this can hardly be the case yet.
I know, we suddenly don't talk about bass any more ...

Played both at the same level; both have been subject to the same amount of (fairly much) compression and are as loud.

So I don't know; blame my ears ...
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

Mani ... Today I only listened through the new filter - I just realized.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
esimms86
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 03:46:17 pm »

I look forward to seeing a thread perhaps entitled "First impression of the NOS1a(sans Orelo)" for those of us that don't have the good fortune to own or entertain the thought of owning an Orelo speaker setup(a.k.a., the NOS1a for the rest of us). In my mind, the XXHE PC/NOS1a/Orelo combination is the synergistic "trifecta," if you will, as they were literally made for each other. Perhaps in another life...

And, yes, I do very much appreciate Mani and Arjan's posted impressions and this post represents no slight of them or their posts in any way shape or form.

Esau

2010 mac mini running Windows 7 Professional N 64bit *SP1* and XXHE on SSD in Boot camp mode, mac os x Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus also on SSD, music on  separate 2 Tb firewire La Cie HD / 8 Gb RAM/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 170 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3/ *Minimize OS = On*  / 24/768 Phasure/Is Phasure NOS1/ NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Marantz PM KI Pearl amplifier ->Gallo Strada/Gallo TR3 subwoofer
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

Hi Esau, apart from the pic I posted early on in this thread, most of my comments are about the NOS1a rather than the Orelo speakers. I decided that I wasn't going to post my thoughts on the speakers until after this weekend, when Nick and Scroobius had been over to have a listen.

What else can I say about the NOS1a that I haven't already? Well, I'd go as far as saying that it is the single piece of hifi that I wouldn't give up for anything at any price. It is the heart of my system and is the component that allows all the others to perform to their max.

Mani.

Main System:
Office System:
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »

The NOS1a requires an update of the XXEngine3.exe & XXHighEnd.exe (transmitted by Peter) to version 1.186e

First listening impressions with the NOS1a ( settings see profile ) after two hours.

1)   It seems that all the “airy dirt” is vanished.
2)   The extreme left/right channel separation with the start of W8 is gone. (due to the new revision of the exe files?)
3)   Replay of cymbals with more details/resolution ( “Sakura, Sakura” – Stanley Clarke Trio)
4)   Bass is more profound ( “Sakura, Sakura” – Stanley Clarke Trio)
5)   Less harshness at wind instruments (trumpets - “Sunflower” from Wynton Marsalis)
6)   A refined 3D image of the recording room.

A prior nearly unlistenable album (Diana Krall – The Look Of Love) sounds much better now.

Thanks to Peter we do have the chance to buy a “very very early Christmas present” now.

Great job!!!!

Joachim
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 10:59:31 pm »

Hi Joachim,

Good to hear how the 'a' relates to the 'old' NOS1 I never had! I am currently halfway the burn-in period (10th day) of my new NOS1a. It is a rollercoaster as Coen said before, some days are okay other days are worse.

But this evening the SQ is beautiful!

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: