XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 03:47:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In anticipation of my "nearly" new Orelino Speakers  (Read 49322 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 08:47:54 am »

The point is that such components leaks noise back into the mains circuit.

Same principle as how we could (or used to) protect our audio from a CD player's spitting back because of perceived "HF digital noise".
Not that - back at the time - I ever thought of putting such devices in series with my coffee machine ...

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »

With the time of Orelino delivery imminent here are my brief impressions on sound quality I heard first at Mani's and then Peter's.

Horn Sound In both cases the familiar characteristic horn sound was clearly evident. I don't really know how to describe it so I won't all I can say is that with all horns I have listened to previously it was not something I could live with. However Orelxxx is clearly the best horn implementation I have heard - and after a very short adjustment period I forgot about it - so no problems because of the other virtues (see below).

Bass Bass was very light at Mani's and was my biggest concern. Mani improved it substantially after Nick and I left as posted by Mani. However, at Peter's I also found the bass to be light. Certainly that was the biggest single worry because for me good quality and quantity of bass it totally essential to enjoy music. So why did I go for the Orelino's anyway? simple really the measurements show that the bass output of the Orelino's was "correct" but also it is very configurable. My feeling was that if I did not like it then I would fix it. However, from recent posts it seems that Peter may have fixed it anyway.

Rough a Bit Edgy I have to say I found particularly with Peter's system there was a tad rough presentation in the higher frequencies. My strong feeling is that a slick slipstreamed flow of electrons that have been stripped of noise (more to follow when I have my new speakers) before they enter the drivers is totally essential especially with a high sensitivity horn. Also I had misgivings about Peter's use of coax for line level inputs to the MkII's. That is something I have tried before and did not work for me at all (not at all!!). I am making tried and tested interconnects that I have used on many occasions and I know to be of impeccable performance. Notwithstanding this I quickly jump to Peters defence in that he has to use "things" of known and measurable performance so hi fi "cooking" is not and cannot be on Peter's agenda.

Imaging compared with what I normally hear imaging was not particularly good. We played an album I know very well and is IMHO very well recorded but it sounded recessed and very poor. This was almost certainly due to that fact that Peter's MkII's are very far apart - out of necessity as Peter and Ciska like to look out of their window!!. But anyway that is a minor point. I have no choice in my room they will be much closer together.

High Frequency Precision I nearly forgot to mention one concern I still have is the precision of high frequencies via the horn. It still sounds to me that the those precise high frequency sounds are a little diffuse in a horn. Certainly compared with the ribbon driver I currently use. Could it be a feature of a compression chamber. Not sure but I am hopeful that this will not be a problem. Or maybe horns show more detail I just dunnow. We will see.

So what did I like?

Voice singing voice was simply sensational easily and by a long way the best I have heard. Stripped of harmonic distortion (I assume) human voice sounded knock out to my ears.

Bass Speed & Quality again simply knock out the best I have heard anywhere. And with the correct weight in the bass (missing at the time I have to say) something special.

I think that about covers it. All in all I felt that there was sufficient in what I heard to make a decision and that any short falls in my expectations could be overcome by tweaking and setting up at home.

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 01:04:04 am »

Bass Bass was very light at Mani's and was my biggest concern. Mani improved it substantially after Nick and I left as posted by Mani. However, at Peter's I also found the bass to be light. Certainly that was the biggest single worry because for me good quality and quantity of bass it totally essential to enjoy music. So why did I go for the Orelino's anyway? simple really the measurements show that the bass output of the Orelino's was "correct" but also it is very configurable.

In all live concerts (>50) , except one at a  "Return To Forever" performance (with a very high volume of appr. > 100dBA) , I had problems to hear the bass very clear. Other instruments, trumpets, saxes, guitars, cymbals were covering (overlapping) the bass.

IMO we are overestimating the proportion (weight) of a bass in most of the songs.

Joachim

* intensity_of_an_instrument.pdf (251.07 KB - downloaded 548 times.)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 10:42:29 am »

Joachim posted a PDF in his last post, but he did not mention it and I didn't see it at first. That's why here the contents :
(quite interesting)

* Instrument Loudness.png (384.31 KB, 712x930 - viewed 1283 times.)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:00 am »

IMO we are overestimating the proportion (weight) of a bass in most of the songs.

I am staring at this for 15 minutes; something tells me that I can have a response with some sense, but it won't slip into my mind.
OK, it must go by means of an example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUzknDfC_eQ

This is Ray Brown and Laurindo Almeida. If this works as it works here, you won't be able to hold your tears. So, careful.

This is of course with my poorly tuned "light weight" bass. Wink
Some background as how I perceive this : some shy girl without experience singing to the big guy who also isn't the very best (for steadyness on his bow).

When you tune this for real life loudness to the guitar (right speaker - just saying), the double bass (from left, haha), at the 3 minute point the bass is so "heavy" by means of the resin on the bow - and it is so slowly stroke, that the whole room vibrates just on the bouncing of the bow over the string. On estimate this is ~100dBSPL.

First thing : no single way that I see this working from any smallish woofer - also not 2 or 3 of them. No-way. It needs the "volume" and without that, if anything is going to shake it is your head thinking about money for new woofers.

When I listen to this at this level, I really see that Mr Brown in my room and envision that the level is real. The shaking of the room will also be real.
What seems unreal is how it is done. I mean, this hardly can be the bass's cabinet only and it first needs a room where the lot is in (so the room makes the sound). This shows somewhat by the guitar which is on the heavy side (I think).

Of course I still can't bring across what really happens when done well, but at least it is the most crazy badd ass example that I know of, and it is from an acoustic bass.
Matter of recording ... But 100% sure also a matter of how the performer is able to let bounce the bow like this in steady frequency (or distance if you like) because without that nothing much more happens than what we are used to.
Still to remember : no way any "normal" speaker will show a thing of this. It's plane brute force what is in order.

What I also can not explain to you is how in the world it is possible that this brute force low frequency on/off bouncing is able to remain separated without first filling the room with warbles. It just doesn't.

While *this* is about the recording, for an electric bass player it normally will be about the speaker he uses. Now things turn around (but actually come down to the same (subject)), now his speaker needs to be able to show this brute force with good resolution, and *that* does not happen. This in itself will be related to the level the whole band plays, and while the lead guitar and drums just play at "some" level which is capable for speakers, no bass can do that without super distortion. And there we go. It will shake the room, but that is from reverberation (longitudinal standing waves) and this is something else.

30 minutes further I am still not sure what to really say about this, except for that it varies very very much with the recording and whether we are able to run into gems like this.
Is it a gem ?
Please give it a try. And if you can't shake your room with it, then what ?
Then all is moot again, because we again can not communicate over it. Bad luck.

But also, and now it may get interesting, when this does not work out as it does over here, the whole idea of the song is lost. There still will be a shy girl, but no bad ass Ray Brown. Both play as poor and you could be disturbed by that. So now suddenly - and finally - a sheer technical merit will be capable of not holding your tears.

In the very end Joachim will be correct. Such things will not show easily from recordings because a bass is too hard to capture to begin with (can't be done well with close micing, and from the distance all gets "warbled"). So to some extend it indeed has to be about our expectations. If you'd hear this track in this place, you'd be cured forever.

Try it. It's worth while to begin with.
(I don't know the original by heart and whether that's (still) obtainable, but otherwise it's on the "Bass Power" album you see below.

Peter

* BassPower01.png (130.46 KB, 330x301 - viewed 1226 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 12:36:07 pm »

FYI... Cannot play, but it identifies the artists and the music...

http://www.allmusic.com/album/audios-audiophile-vol-2-bass-power-mw0000718972

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »

I am staring at this for 15 minutes; something tells me that I can have a response with some sense, but it won't slip into my mind.
OK, it must go by means of an example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUzknDfC_eQ

This is Ray Brown and Laurindo Almeida. If this works as it works here, you won't be able to hold your tears. So, careful.

This is of course with my poorly tuned "light weight" bass. Wink
Some background as how I perceive this : some shy girl without experience singing to the big guy who also isn't the very best (for steadyness on his bow).

When you tune this for real life loudness to the guitar (right speaker - just saying), the double bass (from left, haha), at the 3 minute point the bass is so "heavy" by means of the resin on the bow - and it is so slowly stroke, that the whole room vibrates just on the bouncing of the bow over the string. On estimate this is ~100dBSPL.

Hi Peter,

this recording is a good sample for arguments.

The acoustic bass generates a SPL between 70 and 94dB (see the table above), and in real life the SPL in the recording studio was not higher than appr. 90dB.

At the Ron Carter concert in Helsinki he was playing his bass with a bow string too, and we hear the resin sound and the very deep notes. The sound was pleasing without any distortions.

My assumption is, that the SPL of our "music listening" is too high.

At present I'm playing a bass recording from Brian Bromberg

http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Brian-Bromberg/dp/B000FQJPBO/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1409568335&sr=1-3&keywords=brian+bromberg

for my ears very loud, and the SPL at my listening place is around 65dBA (SPL level for a longer relaxing listening period), and the bass replay is perfect.

Joachim

Edit: typical SPL's in concert halls are 80 - 85dBA
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 09:52:58 pm »

while you there (in the UK)  have stupid fuses in the mains cords ? Shouldn't you remove/shortcut those ?

Hey Peter - By coincidence I found out today that there are plans to change the way houses in the UK are wired. It seems that the IEE are at last considering getting rid of the mains ring approach and wiring houses like they do in (most) of the rest of Europe. The ring main is the reason plugs have fuses here in the UK they are required if there is a fault condition that could arise if the ring is broken. Maybe our hifi enthusiast children will end up with no plugs on their hi fi!!

Paul

621 Xeon 6120 LPS PC  -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (all cores active) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 10 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 140.19) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Off / WallPaper Off/ OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (16x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> Orelino Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

Some very big boxes just arrived!!!!

* 1.png (867.76 KB, 775x539 - viewed 1102 times.)

AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »

Food for the ears Happy You must be excited !!!! I would be Happy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:19:45 am by AlainGr » Logged

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »

Congratulations! But having gone through all of this myself, I have to say I don't envy you.

Enjoy setting up!

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
christoffe
Audio Addict

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »

Congratulation,

as Mani wrote, but with strong assistants, some special refreshments and in anticipation of the final result it will be a piece of cake.

Joachim
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:45 am »

Paul,

We know how keen you are in breaking open floors. But don't tell us that you are cementing back-in that door ?

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 10:24:24 am »

By looking at these boxes, I imagine Santa trying to pass them through the chimney...  Shocked

Scroobius
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 11:21:57 am »

It took me from 830am until 6pm to get the speakers unpacked in and working!  OK much of that was down to making the wiring neat and tidy but also I kept getting calls from work. They obviously did not realise the importance of this!!  Added to that I have a lump on my head after banging it on the edge of a table, two strained fingers from lifting my old speakers out and a wood splint in a finger from the Orelino packing cases. Other than that all went well.

And how does it sound? you will have to wait until later when I have more time write a post  Wink

Cheers

Paul

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: