XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 10:44:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And now my sound is SCARY  (Read 66605 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: June 20, 2015, 10:38:59 am »

Hi All,

Since last Monday I have a new tweak operational. yes
Btw, later we will see that I posted in the wrong board (Thoughts about the Sound Quality as of now) and that this has to (has been) moved to elsewhere.

At the first day I recall that one of the first albums I played was Tusk (Fleetwood Mac). And, that I didn't recognize a thing of THAT album. So go figure. All very very strange.
(I played it for the first half only)

The second day I was trying to find my ways (what to play to test this all) and what I recall of that is that I tried a few different XXHighEnd settings which didn't help really for something which could be strange. But was it strange ?

The third day I really liked it. I don't know why. Probably because the "strangeness" didn't/doesn't incur for a flavor (and as we know I hate favors).

I have been thinking about burning in being in order, but once you know what I did ... neawacko

Fourth day was yesterday (I skipped one day this week) and possibly I needed the help of a visitor who came by to collect his NOS1a upgrade.

Well, I'm actually asking my vistor from yesterday to jump in and confirm a bit, because it maybe was a bit too crazy to be true. I will try to explain ...

At some stage we play Stanley Clarke. Just to see how an electric bass is working with this "version". Within a few seconds I hear myself say "this is scary". But "scary what" ?

As usual being bothered by not knowing English really, try to think about what Thriller (Michael Jackson) is supposed to do, but also envision the video clip of it). Thus, literally scary. And explicitly NOT the "scary" as how we would use it in Dutch for audio in the sense of scaringly good. No, something you get afraid of.
But what to get afraid of when listening to a random Stanley Clarke track ? Well, not sure yet (though see more below) but let's remember how a Tusk album can become unrecognizable. So something is going on and it is so strange ...

Maybe it was the humidity or something else I'm not aware of (that is not under our control), but indeed all sounded very very good yesterday. Maybe this was because of my more explicit focus because of the visitor (it's about the only time when I listen super seriously - when a visitor is there), but I noticed very strange things in the most familar tracks (say those I could play each two weeks). And now I am writing this, it is again about the louder and softer I wrote about for W10 in general (about Neil Young's varying distance to the microphone) but now at a different level. Unexplainable, but think like someone singing in front ot the microphone and when his/her sentence has been sung, he/she steps away from the microphone for 3 feet. So it really becomes totally silent when the singing stops. And of course, singers really do this (step away). But I never heard it, and now heard it in everything.
A first glimpse of "scary" now emerges, because somehow this creates a tense. But this can even be suspense ...

As a final thing we played an "ambient" track, which is synthesizers and stuff and this gave the big bang. Ok, the literal scary bang;

Again this is a track in the category "play each two weeks", but this time I thought "okaayyy and when do we start ?". Too saltless or so (the track is over 9 minutes). I experienced this as the explicit silence, similar to the singer stepping away from the microphone). This time though no singing in order anyway, so what's up with this ... well, yea, something *is* playing of course. I must say that all what was playing for "background" was mainly sub low. Roars (say 26Hz and lower).
Then after two minutes or whatever of too long silence in my view, things started to happen. And NOW it was literally scary. I found myself to be in a movie without pictures (meaning : no imagination in order) with now not only tense but even suspense. Very interesting but uncomfortable at the same time. Interested in the next 10 seconds, but maybe scared for the result, which is without pictures anyway. Was I being hypnosed ? What actually causes this all ? Is it the very fine high pitched sounds which keep on playing right through the more rough sounds (I really noticed that as quite impossible). Was it the 110bpm type of beat which had been there for a minute or 2 ? (this IS hypnotizing).
I really coulnd't tell.

And still this is only 10% of the real big bang, which latter only came after I stopped the track after 6 or so minutes ...

Envision two guys which within the second after playback was stopped in choir - and out of breath - tell each other the exact same things (even in the same sequence). It started with "shhhhhhhh**t - SCARY".
We talked about how it actually could be possible that such a thing was put in there on purpose. And many more of these vague things but which all were brought up by us *both* anyway. No coincidences in sight !

But try to envision - for my visitor this was an unknown track. For me it was a track I play each two weeks. Still we both were as enthusiastic and surprised about it. Not the slightest less with me.
And so something can happen that even makes Tusk unrecognizable.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:32:22 pm »

Hi All,

Since last Monday I have a new tweak operational. yes
Btw, later we will see that I posted in the wrong board (Thoughts about the Sound Quality as of now) and that this has to (has been) moved to elsewhere.

At the first day I recall that one of the first albums I played was Tusk (Fleetwood Mac). And, that I didn't recognize a thing of THAT album. So go figure. All very very strange.
(I played it for the first half only)

The second day I was trying to find my ways (what to play to test this all) and what I recall of that is that I tried a few different XXHighEnd settings which didn't help really for something which could be strange. But was it strange ?

The third day I really liked it. I don't know why. Probably because the "strangeness" didn't/doesn't incur for a flavor (and as we know I hate favors).

I have been thinking about burning in being in order, but once you know what I did ... neawacko

Fourth day was yesterday (I skipped one day this week) and possibly I needed the help of a visitor who came by to collect his NOS1a upgrade.

Well, I'm actually asking my vistor from yesterday to jump in and confirm a bit, because it maybe was a bit too crazy to be true. I will try to explain ...

At some stage we play Stanley Clarke. Just to see how an electric bass is working with this "version". Within a few seconds I hear myself say "this is scary". But "scary what" ?

As usual being bothered by not knowing English really, try to think about what Thriller (Michael Jackson) is supposed to do, but also envision the video clip of it). Thus, literally scary. And explicitly NOT the "scary" as how we would use it in Dutch for audio in the sense of scaringly good. No, something you get afraid of.
But what to get afraid of when listening to a random Stanley Clarke track ? Well, not sure yet (though see more below) but let's remember how a Tusk album can become unrecognizable. So something is going on and it is so strange ...

Maybe it was the humidity or something else I'm not aware of (that is not under our control), but indeed all sounded very very good yesterday. Maybe this was because of my more explicit focus because of the visitor (it's about the only time when I listen super seriously - when a visitor is there), but I noticed very strange things in the most familar tracks (say those I could play each two weeks). And now I am writing this, it is again about the louder and softer I wrote about for W10 in general (about Neil Young's varying distance to the microphone) but now at a different level. Unexplainable, but think like someone singing in front ot the microphone and when his/her sentence has been sung, he/she steps away from the microphone for 3 feet. So it really becomes totally silent when the singing stops. And of course, singers really do this (step away). But I never heard it, and now heard it in everything.
A first glimpse of "scary" now emerges, because somehow this creates a tense. But this can even be suspense ...

As a final thing we played an "ambient" track, which is synthesizers and stuff and this gave the big bang. Ok, the literal scary bang;

Again this is a track in the category "play each two weeks", but this time I thought "okaayyy and when do we start ?". Too saltless or so (the track is over 9 minutes). I experienced this as the explicit silence, similar to the singer stepping away from the microphone). This time though no singing in order anyway, so what's up with this ... well, yea, something *is* playing of course. I must say that all what was playing for "background" was mainly sub low. Roars (say 26Hz and lower).
Then after two minutes or whatever of too long silence in my view, things started to happen. And NOW it was literally scary. I found myself to be in a movie without pictures (meaning : no imagination in order) with now not only tense but even suspense. Very interesting but uncomfortable at the same time. Interested in the next 10 seconds, but maybe scared for the result, which is without pictures anyway. Was I being hypnosed ? What actually causes this all ? Is it the very fine high pitched sounds which keep on playing right through the more rough sounds (I really noticed that as quite impossible). Was it the 110bpm type of beat which had been there for a minute or 2 ? (this IS hypnotizing).
I really coulnd't tell.

And still this is only 10% of the real big bang, which latter only came after I stopped the track after 6 or so minutes ...

Envision two guys which within the second after playback was stopped in choir - and out of breath - tell each other the exact same things (even in the same sequence). It started with "shhhhhhhh**t - SCARY".
We talked about how it actually could be possible that such a thing was put in there on purpose. And many more of these vague things but which all were brought up by us *both* anyway. No coincidences in sight !

But try to envision - for my visitor this was an unknown track. For me it was a track I play each two weeks. Still we both were as enthusiastic and surprised about it. Not the slightest less with me.
And so something can happen that even makes Tusk unrecognizable.

Peter

Yes!! Something fun again  teasing teasing clapping clapping clapping yahoo yahoo yahoo too much ! too much ! too much !

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »

Hint : For you it can work, Gerard. But not for all.

Smack !

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
JohanZ
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 02:04:01 pm »

For me too?  Old

XXHE Ver: 209/MSI Z87M, i7 4770K Hyperthreading On (8 cores) @ 1,2 GHz, 32GB, Windows 10-14393.0 from RAM / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = *30*/-/1/1/1 Q1Factor = *40* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *20.19* (max 120) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = *Core3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / WallPaper On/ No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / XTweaks : *Use Settings* - *43,1, 1, 1, 1* / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable/ Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB3 -> Clairixa-Itona-Clairixa ->24/768 PHASURE NOS1a-75B-G3 , Driver v1.0.4b (*16ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interconnects ->Audion Silver Knight 300B-> Speakers CornScala
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 02:21:34 pm »

No Johan, not for you. sorry

Happy Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »

No Johan, not for you. sorry

Or maybe. It is a bit diffcult to see (through). Difficult to test as well.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »

Scary... As in Halloween haunted music ? Wink Like a rabbit would say, "I am all ears" Wink But no carrot to eat while playing music... It masks the low level details Happy

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 02:53:54 pm »

scare

* Folder.jpg (279.16 KB, 800x800 - viewed 1233 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »

Hint : For you it can work, Gerard. But not for all.

Smack !

So NOS1a related  scratching

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 03:05:10 pm »

Ha ha ! This pumpkin has lots of definition and such an expression ! Now I am getting hungry Happy

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
Leo
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »

Time for the visitor during the SCARY sound session to speak. I have had the opportunity to visit Peters place several times  since the NOS first emerged. Every time I come away with the feeling that this must be the maximum that can be achieved with the playback of prerecorded music. But this time I was really overwhelmed. First by a Ray Brown and Almeida piece that has a very special personal importance for me. I have heard that many many times as I bring it along for demo's for years and years. In the middle the bowed bass goes really low and for me this time, the bass of Ray Brown sounded better than ever. By far. And then this ambience piece, a type of music that never touches me, only on a more rational level trying to figure out what a audio system is capable off. This time this music/these sounds were so involving , I was really being drawn into it, it was scary enough to raise the hair on my arms. Later parts were more 'normal' and so to me less interesting. And then Peter and I started to talk almost at the same time to say how scary it had been. That was a bit scary in itself. Amazing realism. And I am warned for the next visit! Never believe that Peter is finished yet in getting his audio thing better and better. What fun and privilege it is to be a witness to this journey.

Dedicated silent audio pc HFX classic, Windows 8 pro 64bit  / Intel 3930 CPU 6 cores 12 threads,  ASRock x79 Extreme4-M/ SeaSonic Platinum 400w ATX PSU / 16Gb RAM , music on (SATAIII), MinOS/ Engine#4 Special Mode / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *6*/0/1/1/1 Qf=1 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / *Scheme = 1-2* @ UnAttended  /Services Off + No Running Time / Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / *SFS=0,4 max= 120*  XT Tweaks balanced load 43, nervous=100, cool when idle 1, Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Double Octo Arc Prediction Upsampling / -> USB with Dexa clock -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.3 (2ms) ->  direct to AMP: Gainclone mid high, Hypex DPS400 low, horn system (tractrix for mid/high, BD for bass with Oris200)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 08:21:40 am »

Ah, Visitor-Leo ... thank you for the nice read !

Next time more ...
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 06:52:41 pm »

smirk

* W10-RAM-01a.JPG (186.33 KB, 800x542 - viewed 1026 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »

Hahaha Wink Wink

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
rakeshpoorun
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 07:42:21 pm »

smirk

Sorry to intrude on what appears to be a private joke being shared between host and guest but I could not help noticing "Windows 10  Preview 10074 RAM Version" being selected.

Is this Windows 10 OS in Ramdisk?  It can't be surely?...

Rgds
Rakesh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: