XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 10:06:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of XXHighEnd  (Read 6705 times)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 25, 2008, 10:23:38 pm »

A suggestion
I think you need a prominent and permanent set of pics showing off XXHighEnd to newcomers.  We are all about Sound Quality here, but we forget that you've also put together a player with remarkable features.  Most all about SQ players are stripped down hardly any gui... I think some people may think that's all XXHE is ... and would be wrong.  Maybe make a permanent prominent area where people can first view what XXHE looks like (the hook).  Change pics as you change the player, but as it is, the library tab and other tabs are looking very nice and you should show that off to newcomers ... I think it should be the first thing they see when coming here... not walls of text.  Which leads to my next point, XXHE is very easy to set up.  Sure all Operating Systems can be tweaked for better, but setting up XXHE is very easy, much more so than other players ... no asio or figuring out what gui to use.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Ava12
Audio Loudspeaker

Headphone Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:12:42 pm »

That is a very good idea, I think.
I like it!
And since the Library tab is really something pretty "shiny" and outstanding really in terms of high end player software that would've been my choice as well.
Lets see what Peter has to say about that

Ava

PlexWriter Premium 2 (FireWire enclosure) -> Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M3438, Win7 32Bit, XX [Engine#4 double, Threadprio = high / Playerprio = below normal / V = -33 / Q1 = 6 / Scheme2] -> M-Audio ProFire 610 [buffer 64, bypassed volume control]  -> balanced β22 headphone power amplifier -> Sennheiser HD650  / Grado RS1i
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »

Oh ya, make sure to get a screenshot of your wall paper funcion. With my decent scans, I set the wallpaper # to 725 and it looks decent and large.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: