XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 11:02:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you pick the Stradivarius?  (Read 2671 times)
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:15:55 am »

Haha, probably not a good test for Peter, having grown up with the sound of violins, but for the rest of you...

Blind test of 6 violins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJ_DXneJ98

I picked the Stradivarius as second best to my ears. My favourite was a modern violin that retails for around half a million. But the difference between the 6 was obvious, even through YouTube and mediocre headphones on my laptop.

So much for 'expectation bias', that some people always come up whenever you mention that you can hear a difference between things. (Not so much here of course, but certainly on other sites.)

Mani.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: