XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 03:01:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LAN gone with unattended  (Read 5207 times)
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« on: December 13, 2015, 09:53:52 pm »

Hi Peter,
Starting yesterday morning I have the issue that when running unattended, with Ipad as remote on RDC, the LAN connection disappears. (but not all the time) I starts again when the music finishes, but also not every time. Then a restart of the audio PC is needed. And that sometimes hurts the xxhighend install, I had to reinstall xxhighend because it did not startup anymore on Saturday nd I was hoping the issue was gone but not....

The issue still exists, LAN disappearing 1 on 3 times and also the min SFS of 0.12 is not possible anymore. With 0.12 I get stuttering sound. With 2.00 it seems fine.
Before 0.08 was possible...

Any idea what the issue could be?

What I saw on the screen when LAN disappears is:
...system32 cmd.exe - tasklist /fi "services eq gpsvc" /fo list

Maybe a clue?

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:49:17 am »

Hi Arjan,

I have no idea what is happening to you, or maybe better : what *has* happened - and then to your W10.
But please notice (kindly) : I think it is your own sort of misunderstanding that misleads you. Read : Try to figure out what is really going wrong and with that, what causes which. Example :

Then a restart of the audio PC is needed. And that sometimes hurts the xxhighend install

Impossible. And I mean : 100% sure impossible.
However :

Then a restart of the audio PC is needed.

The cause does not follow from your text. So there is a cause here, like "nothing works any more". For example, you started Playback, things hang, NOW you reboot and THEN the status of things are odd. And next you are correct that it requires the re-install (for you as a user). But point it : you should not have rebooted because there is no single reason it is required (but see below as well). So just saying : 999 out of 1000 times people reboot while all what's needed is killing XXEngine3.exe (which is equal to clicking the blue led in the right hand border).

Still there ?
These was only about an example.

Continuing ...

No LAN disappears automatically. Not on 10074 (so that assumed). And if it does, it is hardware related (which I certainly do NOT suggest).
But ...

It is fairly easy (I think) to stress W10 in whatever fashion and it runs in a state that things don't work which worked before. Who does that ? you again. And again an example :
Who is using Internet while no-one should ? aha ... you.
That is, am I correct ? I am just guessing with your Tidal.
So am I correct ? if not, apologies !! but for now I assume I am correct.
So did you read the Tidal tutorials on how to approach this ? (yes you did - haha).

So what by now is needed is a reinstall of W10. Don't even attempt to solve it differently because it is such a mess that I am sure that at least I will not be able to help.
If you made a clone of it when all was working, revert to that.
If you have a Restore Point to try (to revert to), obviously try that (but with no guarantee that it will sufficiently help).

Last thing for now :
I know of one situation that a reboot is needed because otherwise no RDC will work again : when you hang the RDC connection by means of "something" (I don't know myself) but which can be implied by "something" (sorry !) done to XXHighEnd. Think pressing Alt-u a million times within a second (not really that, but you get the hunch). Now a reboot is needed in order to restore the RDC possibility in the first place.
But did I FIRST close down XXHighEnd in such a situation. Sure I did !!! Did I attach the monitor and everything in order to apply that normally simple step ? yes I did.
Do I still have a video card in my PC ? uhm ... yep. For such occasions. I know I know ... but ... what is better ?

Arjan, by not any single means this has been a lecture. However, it should tell a bit about what has been tested and thus works and what has not been tested and THUS does not work (sounds sad, but that should be the idea with W10). So step out of that line and ...

And a hint for everybody :
My installs take so long these days because after each "step of importance" I make a Restore Point or backups otherwise. Why ? well, because I know how high the chance is that something fails for a next step and I know how long it takes to reinstall ALL. And ... I know how much I would hate it when I am sufferung from a 0.12 not possible any more and THUS knowing that something has to be wrong. Not your words, Arjan, but most certainly implied (obsessed us).

I hope this helps !
And don't hesitate to ask further questions. The above merely is the layout of the general idea of approach. Not a complaint (or blame) of any sort ...

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:36 pm »

Thanks Peter for the answer.

I do not use the audio PC for Tidal downloads. That is just done on another laptop.
I remember that there was one difference from other RDC I do normally, this Saturday morning I used my laptop instead of the Ipad. That made this LAN connection disappearing issue starting.....

But no problem, I will do a re-install. Plenty of time the coming weeks.

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

Hey Arjan,

If you are sure about this laptop thing, then this is important information.

But it can also mean that it is just this laptop consistently implying it. I mean, what if after a reboot just the iPad is used again ? I mean, it could be worth while to invest a little more time in order to avoid the reinstall ...
Thus :

If all is configured back to normal again and properly initialised (like a cold reboot - try (IIRC !) Shift-Click at the reboot/power button) and then it still does not work as it did before, then ... Wink

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: