XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 02:29:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LynxTwo soundcard and XXHE  (Read 5650 times)
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:10:23 pm »

G'day folks smile

have any of you had success in using the LynxTwo soundcard successfully with XXHE such that the system mixer can be bypassed ie. when you slide the volume control up and down it has no effect on the overall volume?

I was recently asked to rebuild the operating system in a HTPC so the owner could trial XXHE ( I had been extolling its virtues for a while  clapping ) and the soundcard already in that PC is the LynxTWo, chosen specifically for its quality recording capabilities. The owner has a large record collection and wishes to archive them digitally.

Now, I can bypass the mixer sucessfully in my own HTPC, using an ESI Juli@ card, and all is fine, as was the case when I was using the M-Audio Audiophile USB previously. I'm sure you all are able to do likewise. I'm beginning to think it may be a driver restriction of the LynxTwo card, or perhaps ( hopefully ) my inexperience with that card and it's unique driver configuration panel.

Any insight would be useful.

The owner has an external DAC at his disposal and could be driven by the SPDIF output of the LynxTwo but I wasn't able to test that before returning the PC.

Sometimes life wasn't meant to be easy .. LOL

Cheers all,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: