XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 05:22:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using AcourateConvolver and RavennaASIO on RAM OS  (Read 12020 times)
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »

Hi,

I am new to this forum and XXhighend too. I got RAM OS disk from Peter yesterday.

I had some experience about Windows on RAM about a year ago. I did similar things using Windows Server VHD, FiraDisk, and GRUB4DOS, but abondoned these because of exremely cubersome procedure for maintaining it by myself. So I ordered Peter's ready made solution.

I have installed RavennaASIO driver and AcourateConvolver on 10586.0 BASE OS. They are working fine with Ravenna network which is a closed LAN. They worked on 10586.0 BASE OS.

But if I minimize OS, then they stop working. MTDiscovery (Merging's utility for various setup of hardwares on Ravenna network) tells:

DNSServiceBrowse() failed (-65563)

Then AcourateConvolver tells that Merging Ravenna ASIO driver says:

Failed to init the driver: 0x001

I guess I need some setting in XXhighend, but don't know how to do it... Please let me know where to go.

Regards,

Hiroshi
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:02 pm »

Hi there Hiroshi - a warm welcome to you.

Now let's try to work this out ...

DNSServiceBrowse() failed (-65563)

In itself this is logic to me because the Minimized OS shuts off all it can but leaves sufficient for Audio Playback, including various settable means for network connections.
BUT
Regarding the latter, this is implemented as "one way", meaning : if the Audio PC is able to detect for example the server by means of an IP Address then this is sufficient to operate for the Audio Part of it all (running on the Audio PC (the PC producing the sound)). This, again for example, does not mean that the Server can find the Audio PC, as there is no reasion for that (regarding Audio Playback).
All it tells is that as much as possible has been shut down, while normal playback still operates.

Please keep in mind that the above is only exemplatory for the process (of shutting off things) in general. Now :

First off in Settings, the Services and OSD section, there's some sorts of offered "shut offs" and "keeps". It doesn't require much imagination to see which does what, as long as you know that you should start with the "maximum allowed" possible. Watch out : this is to be set while in Normal OS Mode. Read : Change those settings while in MinOS Mode does nothing. It changes the settings, but they are applied only when you're in Normal OS and then boot into MinOS again. To avoid confusion it is best to change those settings in Normal OS only.
Also (for confusion indeed) : when something is not shut off in Normal OS, it can still be shut off in Minimized OS and then it is dynamically applied when Unattended Playback in XXHighEnd is started. This is not of your interest though (but it explains why these settings can still be changed while in MinOS).

I will try to summ up the "most allowed" settings for that section; Activate (make Red) :

Stop Desktop Services;
Stop Remaining services (required to boot into MinOS in the first place);
Keep LAN Services;
Persist;
Keep PAN Services;
Keep WiFi Direct Services;
Use Remote Desktop.
(all others are to remain inactive (Blue))

Now a maximum remains alavilable, while the difference is about networking, mostly.
Remember, apply this in Normal OS and after that boot into MinOS again.

If now your application still does not work, it looks like to be about a DNS service indeed (as the error message implies) of which it is known to be off anyway. This means that :
You should, where possible, use IP Addresses instead of Computer Names. This should be done at the Server Side for sure, but I would do it on the client side (the Audio PC where the MinOS is applied) the same.

FYI also look here, which IMO is about the same :
https://godoc.org/github.com/andrewtj/dnssd
In there look for the -65563 error number; you will see that indeed this is about a Service not running.
I give you this list because when you solved one issue a next may pop up.

Now assumed you can solve this by means of the above settings, you obviouslly are going to "tear down";
Boot into Normal OS again, switch some more off, go back into MinOS and retry; In the end you'll be having the leanest situation that works for you. Also, let me know about the settings which did it for you, so I possibly can make that setting more lean for your (and such) situation(s).

If it does not work, it is going to be a bit more difficult;
In that Services and OSD section you also see the "Keep tis Service" larger textbox. Now if you know or feel what Service it could be what needs to keep on running (look for services with "DNS" in their name could be an approach) then you can fill them in this textbox, again while in Normal OS; try in MinOS as usual.
This is NOT really something for a normal end user, but anyway it is possible.
Assumed you have the Tooltips active (field almost at the bottom in Settings), you'll find some info on how to use on them. Notice you can view the ToolTip more conveniently under the [ H ] button in the top of the screen.

Please be warned that when a new Windows version comes about, I myself can easily be working on this for two days in a row, before I find the "minimized" consistent whole. And this is with spades of experience.
So I hope you can let it work by means of changing the "rough" settings as explained.

Om a side note : When you have this all working, you obviously will boot into the RAM version of it. But, do not change such settings in there as it will not work out with the rebooting into Normal OS vs MinOS (the settings you imply here are NOT saved in the BASE version at any time).

I hope it clear !!
Best regards,
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 12:46:27 pm »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. My first trial was with your "most allowed" settings. So I thought I had to add some items in "Keep This Service" box. I checked the log file, but could not find useful information.

So I checked Windows Task Manager in normal OS mode, and found there are two seemingly related services running. I put
(Merging Ravenna ASIO Driver Service)
and
(Bonjour Service)
in "Keep This Service" box, and then I could run Merging MT Discovery and AcourateConvolver in minimized OS on RAM!!!

Thank you for your prompt support, Peter.

Now I want to run XXhighend itself for music playing. The problem is that my music files are stored in Mac Pro. In my home LAN, Windows 10 PCs cannot see Macs and Windows 7 PC. This is a notorious SMB problem, and I cannot solve this yet.

Regards,

Hiroshi
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:53:20 pm »

Hi Hiroshi - Good work !

Can it be that this solves your SMB problem ? :

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

Thus in :
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\

add a key named : AllowInsecureGuestAuth
and give it a value of 1.

Please notice that otherwise you should not need to do anything in the OS. So no Home network or anything. When the disk left it was all ready for connecting to another Windows PC (that one having shares).

Kind regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:06:04 am »

Hi Peter,

I reached the same page a few days ago, and did this regedit, but failed.

Today, I checked the registory, and found this parameter was not set. Maybe I modified wrong parameter. So I did again, and this time succeeded!!!

Now I can see Macs from Windows 10 PC (another one). Thank you!

Regards,

Hiroshi
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:24 am »

Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 08:39:21 am »

Hi Hiroshi,

So I did again, and this time succeeded!!!

Maybe you did this in the boot from RAM the previous time ?
Possibly now too ? So careful with that. Always apply such things in the BASE (it will be present in the boot from RAM then).

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:03:35 am »

Well, I could see another computers from a Windows10 PC that is different from the one which runs BASE OS.

Now I am struggling to do same thing on BASE OS, but failed. I think I did same settings with the above Win10 PC, but the BASE OS does not see Macs via home LAN. Strange...

Hiroshi
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 10:24:09 am »

Hiroshi, that's indeed very strange.
VERY strange. That actually can't be.

Are you sure that you are booting into the BASE OS of the same OS you run from RAM ? (of course you are);
But are you also aware of the difference between Normal OS and Minimized OS and that you should always stay in Minimized OS ?

The last question / pose is a bit difficult to explain, but what I mean is that you should not change from Normal OS to Minimized OS in order to "be" in the BASE OS. Thus :

BASE vs RAM in one thing.
Normal OS vs MinOS is an unrelated other thing. And :

A BASE can run in Normal OS Mode and in Minimized OS Mode.
A RAM (boot) can run in Normal OS Mode and in Minimized OS Mode.

I feel that you may be mixing this up ?

Lastly, it is known for such connections that they work BETTER when in MinOS. Thus, when you want to run MinOS in the end, better not even attempt to get it going in Normal OS because it can be difficult in that Mode, plus you shouldn't be in that mode in the first place (but for Driver Intalls you must !).

heat
Not so easy ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 11:26:10 am »

Yes I certainly work with BASE OS. I can see another Windows10 PC from normal OS but not Macs, however if I minimize it, I cannot see even this Win10 PC. Nothing on my LAN...

In minimized OS, some control function in Network and Sharing Center is disabled, and sharing settings in normal OS is not maintained in minimized OS. So I think I should try things in normal OS...

Hiroshi
Hiroshi
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 02:01:46 pm »

Hi Peter,

I could finally get a practical result.

BASE OS does not show Macs in the network section of control panel. But by explicitly writing Mac's address and required folder name along with some authentification, I could connect RAM-OS with Mac's music folder. There may be some bugs in Windows 10 SMB.

I have succeeded to do the same thing on RAM OS. If XXhighend could support ASIO connection, I could play music via Ravenna network using XXhighend...

Hiroshi
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:18 pm »

Hey Hiroshi,

Very well done ! But I (still) don't see how something has to be applied to the RAM version after it has been applied to its BASE version. Both have to be the same ...

About ASIO ... yeah, at some stage I saw that one coming ...

scratching

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: