XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 09:34:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Check UAC  (Read 39675 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 08:42:25 am »

Maybe, very maybe, it is my conclusion that

- or you changed the UAC yourself for some reason
- or the upgrade process started and did it for you.

Both are "wrong" to do, so to speak. So the UAC should never be touched (although nobody told you swoon) and the upgrade should not have started, so possibly you did something with that too, and it could be explicit Windows Activation (I am not 100% sure, but I feel from other situations that Activation also triggers updating).

I am 99% sure you did something which should not have happened and I am 100% sure you don't tell about it; if I have my RAM-OS Disk or whatever disk with activated XXHighEnd and all I can put it in any PC I like, and it just will run as happily as it did before. Do notice that all of you with the RAM-OS Disk actually do exactly that (I create it over here and you use it over there).

One thing : I am almost sure that in 2.06(a) there's a bug about the UAC thing which occurs when an already installed XXHighEnd is "mangled with". This is not negatively meant, but say that you try to copy your XX folder from one place to the other from a MinOS situation to a Normal OS situation which is actually fresh and not UAC manipulated yet, then the UAC change by XXHighEnd does not work out.
In addition to that - or in combination with it - it looks like Windows 10 can be in the state of not allowing RegEdit to start because of some service not running, but which is about the UAC level again (at least that is how I interpret things). I don't know what it takes to incur for that, but I saw it too. And it was during "mangling".

Anyway ... Tore, I sent you a 2.06b so if you still have a disk/ssd with the situation, you can try whether it helps. For me it did (but I can not tell whether the situation is the same).

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 09:25:59 am »

Peter, you think a have done something wrong. I too, but i don`t know what

Before the NOS1 usb problem i pulled out the usb card because i was using mobo usb. Maybe i did that without switchin off PC-power?

I think i was changing the UAC one time when i was told to check it

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 10:07:27 am »

No no, you did not do anything wrong as such. But many things can be done which are not anticipated (by me). Happy

I think i was changing the UAC one time when i was told to check it

Yes, this is typical that situation I referred to. But the damage has been done at that moment already. So :

1. Something changed the UAC (can be anything, like XXHighEnd does it too, although it will not be common practice (like XXHE is not common practice)).

2. Now that "rare" message of XXHighEnd pops up and it tells you don't run as Administrator and/or check your UAC.

See the rarity of the situation ? So :
Ad 2.
Since when do we need to run as administrator ? OK, since 9 years ago and maybe 7 years ago that disappeared (it even goes explicitly wrong whenm attempted). Thus anser : NEVER.
Since when do we need to adjust the UAC ourselves ? ... same story. Never since ages.
Still XXHighEnd runs into this (as it now appears to exist) very old code, and it is a strange situation to begin with. But I had it myself too ... (and coincidentally only 10 days or so ago).

To be hopefully clear about this :
The message appears when all has been installed nicely and runs already, and then the UAC is set back by whatever means. So this check for the UAC to be "off" is always there, at startup. Now when it is detected that this is suddenly wrong, this message appears and now there's a bug in XXHighEnd (2.06(a)) which does not set the UAC to where it should be. And there is your forever (boot) loop ...

Before the NOS1 usb problem i pulled out the usb card because i was using mobo usb. Maybe i did that without switchin off PC-power?

I think the UAC thing is not related to that, but it will be the result of you trying to repair things (in software). So of course you tried everything to get it running again.
One thing about this happening itself : it could explain why your USB interface "broke". That is, if you indeed pulled the card with the PC powered on (which is of course not allowed).

Let's say : over and out. I will try the 2.06b on your RAM-OS Disk which is underway, so I can see whether the adjustment I made for myself, indeed helps your situation too.
Btw, the messagea about checking UAC and to run in Admin mode has now be removed (beyond 2.06a).

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 10:22:14 am »

Peter, it is the same problem with my SSD OS and XX 2.04

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 10:51:00 am »

Peter, it is the same problem with my SSD OS and XX 2.04

Interesting ... scratching

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »

Well, this has been quite a sneaky one ...
The key is is this :

About Windows 10565, do i have to do anything with it when i never use it?

No ...

but

Windows 10 build 10586.11 is because Windows automatic started a update :-(

You would use it to boot from and copy back the "Copy" OS file which is in there, so you'd have the normally running 10586.0 back ...

Regards,
Peter

... which sadly got the emphasis on that TRIAL OS and its upgrade or not, while it is about the 10586.11 - which btw is 10586.122.
Who could have guessed that that (or its upgrading itself which completely failed) is now causing all the troubles.

So - also for everybody who tried to help Tore - just nothing runs any more. Not even TaskManager.
UAC was probably still right, but the internal (OS) programs to check it, could not run. Same like Regedit to change it could not start (see posts about that).

So the sad thing is that all was solved by copying back that "10586 Copy" version. 5 minutes of work (of waiting actually). But that did not happen and now the whole lot is over here at us, just to notice this ...

So this too, was all about the same problem : PC can`t find NOS1.

Summarized what will have happened :
1. PC got hooked up to the Internet (Tore will no the Why of that, but it should not have happened);
2. W10 Updates were downloaded by the OS;
3. The OS got into the state of "OK, I am going to update myself";
4. ... which probably miserably failed because of the MinOS state (but this is just guessing).
5. The OS worked, but only for a little. Actually all started to fail.
6. The hint was clearly there to copy back the backup, but it was not done because it did not seem "the" subject. This relates to the thought of the DAC being broken, that needing to be send out for repair, the OS disk coming along with it for observation as a small side matter.

Sh*t happens.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2016, 05:46:49 am »

Hi Peter!

How do i avoid Windows update?

I know there is i button in XX, but is there anything else to do?

Audio PC is connected to Music PC with networkcable

Tore

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 08:05:24 am »

Hello there Tore,

Unless you applied an explicit "bridge" in the Music Server PC, the Audio PC will not be able to access the Internet.
(if you did not do anything about a bridge, it will not be there for sure)

Thus, at some stage you will have had your PC connected to the Internet. Btw, Activation could be such a reason AND it is known that that applies upgrades meanwhile.

So can you tell us what may have happened in your case ?

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 08:00:21 pm »

Peter,

The only Windows update i have noticed is the one right after i got my Ram-OS. After that update everything has been working fine.

I was updating W10 on the Music-PC some days before this problems

Tore

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 05:13:24 am »

Phew ...

The Windows 10 updates are organized such that when your "neighbour" has obtained an update, you will get it from him (although these days that "neighbour" can shut off that feature). Thus, this is how the updates are literally "distributed".
What I now start to think is that it can happen in your own network too. I mean, why not. It saves a lot of Internet traffic ...

Ouch

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:29 pm »

Oops! Windows 10 distribute updates :-(

My Music PC runs Windows 10

How to stop this: http://lifehacker.com/windows-10-uses-your-bandwidth-to-distribute-updates-d-1721091469

Tore

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 01:33:21 pm »

Ha !
Tore, very well done !

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 05:41:40 pm »

So - also for everybody who tried to help Tore - just nothing runs any more. Not even TaskManager.
UAC was probably still right, but the internal (OS) programs to check it, could not run. Same like Regedit to change it could not start (see posts about that).

So the sad thing is that all was solved by copying back that "10586 Copy" version. 5 minutes of work (of waiting actually). But that did not happen and now the whole lot is over here at us, just to notice this ...

Hi All,

The same now happened to myself. But this is not correct (sort of) :

Summarized what will have happened :
1. PC got hooked up to the Internet (Tore will no the Why of that, but it should not have happened);
2. W10 Updates were downloaded by the OS;
3. The OS got into the state of "OK, I am going to update myself";
4. ... which probably miserably failed because of the MinOS state (but this is just guessing).

What I did to get into this state, is this :
Moved up the UAC (User Account Control) slider with one step and rebooted.
By coincidence (I was testing something) the check in XXHighEnd for that UAC level was not active, but I don't think this is related. Well, I could start XXHighEnd because of it, but received unexpected errors anyway. And, after setting back the normal UAC checks, it appeared all the same as Tore experienced (and which I saw over here from his RAM-OS Disk).
Back then I was sorry that I did not sort it out (how to recover from this) but now, 60 minutes later, I can see that there's no solution to it. Too few things will run and what I get from it is that "Run as administrator" won't run any more. So all what requires Adinistrator (elevated) rights, just fails.

I also changed something with gpedit, but I can't imagine that this is the cause, just because Tore will not have done similar by far. Thus :

I think it is so that once you slide up the UAC by one step and boot into that, some inconsistent situation occurs with Rights and it can not be repaired because all what you do requires those rights. Next guess is that something like that happened with Tore, or by him changing the UAC slider, or because the Windows Update does that. That Windows Update does this, seems logic to me. But anyway the real culprit will be the slider position.

Now I am going to look for my own 14393.0 backup ...
Peter

* Rights04.png (19.15 KB, 525x180 - viewed 578 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 06:34:55 pm »

Indeed it is that simple ...
Be in MinOS, slide up the UAC, Reboot by means of Windows itself (not by means of XXHighEnd when it is to be started first, because it will repair right away) and find yourself locked out.

I tried the same in Normal OS but there all keeps on working.

On a side note : in 14393.0 it will not be so easy to let this fail, because rebooting by means of the Start Button most probably won't work (because the Start Button does not work). So you really need to be "lucky" to run into this failure.
And as said, Windows Update probably will reset the UAC as well (for itself) so run into Windows Updates in MinOS and you're dead.

Regards,
Peter

PS: If you start XXHighEnd in this erroneous situation and it comes up with the dreaded UAC Reboot message and that a reboot is needed or else XXHighEnd will quit, the below shows when you click away the Reboot message, when the problem is a fact (the number in that Temp name will be different).

* Rights05.png (19.84 KB, 524x174 - viewed 621 times.)

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 01:33:12 pm »

fool I felt into this pitfall again just now.

Btw, again I tried to let run XXHighEnd at normal UAC levels. That in itself I have working (I think) but I can't test it - at least not when in MinOS and W10.
When do I finally remember this, when working on XX without UAC down ?
grrr

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: