XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 06:55:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding 14393.0 to the menu failed  (Read 18561 times)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:42:02 am »

All,

I was wondering ... Does the procedure work in the first place ?
I'm asking because I don't see any feedback so I just wondered. If it sounds like sh*t you can say it too, of course.

Peter
Procedure does not work for me.  The instructions are quite vague and can be read a few different ways so I am not sure if I have followed what you intended us to do precisely (well I probably have not it seems),

Uhm ... I wasn't talking about that "procedure" in particular. Merely about the internal working of the new OS. And that that did not work out indeed for the PCs with 16GB of memory, is known by know.

Btw I like to know these "vague instructions".

So FYI, there is not any procedure as such to create the OS in the boot manu, unless you call this a procedure :

1. Copy the OS file to the root of the PC;
2. Add the OS to the boot menu (the 5 seconds work thing).
but also :
3. Hook up the monitor to set up the RDC to that OS.

W10-14393 is not available in the boot menu at computer startup at all.

I am afraid that you did not apply the above 2 steps, with the 3rd as a quite obvious step, although not easy not to think of in advance (but logical as can be).

Are you able to write out a set of steps 1,2,3 from a known starting point?

It is the other way around. Since there wasn't a procedure except 1,2 and you did not apply that at all (I am quite confident Happy), you must now tell what you did.
Showing a screenshot of the Boot Menu of XXHighEnd is a good starting point (for me).

Peter

Hi Peter,

I can spend a little time now trying to get this right.

These are the vague instructions I refer to (I tried Method 2 - was in normal o/s 10586 at the time trying to sort out a recurring RD certificate issue):

Installation

Method 1 :
Easiest (for understanding) is to boot into your "service OS", which is the TRIAL denoted one. If this is still 10565 for you, then first set the system date to Sept. 2, 2015 (otherwise 10565 won't boot). If this is 14388 then all is fine (see RAM OS Disk - Upgrade 10565 TRIAL in case you want to upgrade the TRIAL to 14388). You will apply the file to drive C: in this case (see below as well).

Method 2 :
The even more easy way is staying where you are (BASE or RAM) but understanding what you are doing could be a bit more difficult.  You will apply the file to drive D: in this case (see below as well). Of course - if you are booted from RAM at this time - you must not forget to put your RAM OS Disk in your PC and perform Stop-RightClick - "Boot into" so the disk gets mounted.

The file you receive is zipped. Unzip it and put it in the root of your RAM-OS Disk (where the others are and notice above mentioned drive C: vs. D:).
Save the zip somewhere, as it can serve as backup file (similar to the "Copy" versions you received in the RAM-OS Disk). However, notice that you can also throw it away because later you will be able and allowed to download it again.

The below shows what you should achieve :

So you see the two 14393.0 entries in there, and after you have put the OS file in the root of your RAM-OS Disk the "New" button allows for adding the OS to the Boot Menu. This is quite self explanatory, and otherwise there's ToolTip help in there.
Notice that after the new boot entries have been created (with the name you give them), one will be named like the name you gave, and the other will have received the addition "Memory" (you see that in the screenshot above as well). Best is to change the descriptions (after pressing Refresh so the new entries show) similar to the ones you already have (with the nice "BASE" and "RAM" in there). Do not forget to click Apply after you changed the descriptions.

I will try to get a screenshot of the boot menu from XXHE now.  It will take a little while to set everything up but hopefully you will see that I am starting by then and we can get things fixed.

Regards,

Anthony

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:56:59 am »

Here is the screenshot:

* SS.jpg (764.61 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 603 times.)

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:08:57 pm »

Hi Anthony,

you got me quite confused now.

While you just showed it ?

So did you now add it, or was your text incorrect ?

If you just added it, then you will also be able to boot into it (this is besides the further issues for the other OSes, but we'll solve that later).

Anyway, now I even the more don't know what happened ...

Regards,
Peter

Edit : I think you meant : when looking at the normal monitor at bootup. Err ... the problem you can have with that to begin with, is that the boot menu now is too large to show all and it shows one or two things of a next page only. But see the tiny arrow next to the list of one or two).

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:20:37 pm »

Anthony, you may do this for me :

1. Cause the OS-RAM Disk to be in there.

2. Boot XXighEnd into one of the OS versions whch work (will be a RAM I think).

(#1 and #2 you may already have done "yesterday" so no need to do it again).

3. Empty the TemporaryData subfolder to your XX folder.

3. Start XXHighEnd. No need to switch on Logging.

4. Bring up the Boot Menu.

5. Grab the log files and post them (attach).

N.b.: I think I will see the same as in here : Re: RAM OS disk won't boot into BASE version with in the end also the same solution. But don't apply what you see in there yet because I first like to see how it looks like at this moment (log files).

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 11:37:31 pm »

Hi Anthony,

you got me quite confused now.

While you just showed it ?

So did you now add it, or was your text incorrect ?

If you just added it, then you will also be able to boot into it (this is besides the further issues for the other OSes, but we'll solve that later).

Anyway, now I even the more don't know what happened ...

Regards,
Peter

Edit : I think you meant : when looking at the normal monitor at bootup. Err ... the problem you can have with that to begin with, is that the boot menu now is too large to show all and it shows one or two things of a next page only. But see the tiny arrow next to the list of one or two).

Hi Peter,

No, I have not changed anything from the initial problem.  The problem was when I selected W10 14393 BASE in the XXHE Boot Menu and re-booted the AudioPC.  The computer would boot into a different OS than the one selected, at that time W10586 which MS had deprecated, but I later found that if I selected a RAM version of an OS from XXHE Boot Menu that the computer would successfully reboot into those, including W10 14393 RAM.

I will do the things that you suggested now and get the files to you.

Cheers,

Anthony

Audio PC

Audio Chain
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 11:47:02 pm »

Anthony, you may do this for me :

1. Cause the OS-RAM Disk to be in there.

2. Boot XXighEnd into one of the OS versions whch work (will be a RAM I think).

(#1 and #2 you may already have done "yesterday" so no need to do it again).

3. Empty the TemporaryData subfolder to your XX folder.

3. Start XXHighEnd. No need to switch on Logging.

4. Bring up the Boot Menu.

5. Grab the log files and post them (attach).

N.b.: I think I will see the same as in here : Re: RAM OS disk won't boot into BASE version with in the end also the same solution. But don't apply what you see in there yet because I first like to see how it looks like at this moment (log files).

Peter

The log file is attached.

* XX-20161008-144244.log (23.51 KB - downloaded 374 times.)

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:31:22 am »

Hi Anthony,

Please empty that TemporaryData folder as before, start XXHighEnd, go into the Boot Menu and set 10586.0 BASE to boot. Click Apply.
Now Click Refresh.

In this stage (no later) again grab the log files. Ok ?

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:01:31 am »

Ok.  Done.  The file is attached.

You will be able to tell from the log file but after refresh is clicked the radio button for the next OS boot returns to W10586 RAM rather than BASE.

* XX-20161009-015715.log (46.72 KB - downloaded 384 times.)

Audio PC

Audio Chain
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:05:25 am »

I should add that selecting any of the other BASE os's then Apply then Refresh the result is the same...the radio butoon goes back to the previous  RAM version that was selected.  Actually selecting any of the other RAM versions the result is the same, the radio button just goes back to 10586 RAM.

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 11:50:03 am »

Yes, something like that indeed is the issue, and I don't know why.

Is it really so that in the normal Windows Boot Menu (the one you can see with a monitor attached), there's only one line visible ? Keep in mind my response about that and the tiny arrow next to that one (or two) lines.

I have the idea that the full menu shows there, but use the arrow buttons to see it. If I am right on this, you can boot into one of them after all. Can you confirm this ?

I also know how to solve it, but while this is very easy, it is complicated to explain from where I am, without the proper examples.

Can you tell ... did you attempt to let Windows repair the situation ? I mean, this question might pop up when booting into such expired OS. I'm asking because I only wonder what can have caused this situation. What I see (log files) I have never seen either ...

Anyway we will solved it (guarantee) - it is only that I am not there to organize it (same yesterday btw).

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 04:35:15 am »

Is it really so that in the normal Windows Boot Menu (the one you can see with a monitor attached), there's only one line visible ? Keep in mind my response about that and the tiny arrow next to that one (or two) lines.

I have the idea that the full menu shows there, but use the arrow buttons to see it. If I am right on this, you can boot into one of them after all. Can you confirm this ?

Hi Peter,

I took particular notice of the boot process and before the menu arrived that shows the RAM versions there was a flash of something else on the screen.  So I booted into a RAM and slowed down the menu time and rebooted.  Yes, the first menu that comes up (that flashes in this case when the timing was set at 1s) has all of the BASE OS's available, with one that has to be scrolled down to reach.  I did boot from there into 14393 BASE and setup the network and MIN OS et cetera.  But I have to manually select the OS at booting to get into any particular OS...it always wants to go into the expired 10565 RAM regardless of what is set in XXHE.  Note that this is merely automatically selecting the first item in each boot menu...so "W8/10 RAM" first and then "W10565 RAM" from the second menu.

Can you tell ... did you attempt to let Windows repair the situation ? I mean, this question might pop up when booting into such expired OS. I'm asking because I only wonder what can have caused this situation. What I see (log files) I have never seen either ...

No, I have not let windows try to repair the expired os...I don't like to let Windows try to repair anything if I can help it and I have known what that blue screen meant since the W10074 pre RAM-OS days.

Regards,

Anthony

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 09:48:11 am »

Great, Anthony. All is clear now.
What remains is how it happened.
So what technically is amiss now is that no explicit default OS to boot from is registered in there. This always is so (as far as I know) and when that info is lacking, the first one of the list is taken.

I did not look in my software yet, but I am pretty sure I am not explicitly applying a default (OS to boot from), because that would be a kind of redundant act. So what I do is replace the cirrent one with the newly (by you) denoted one. But if nothing is there for default in the first place, it will never happen any more.

I will form a command line command for you, so you can repair it, and meanwhile I will make that explicit command or at least test whether all is still fine to this regard.

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:36 am »

Thanks Peter. 

Audio PC

Audio Chain
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »

Anthony, I hope you are still there ...

I can't tell whether it makes a difference, but I found something else to be wrong in your install. Or maybe, not sure, but at least something which influences this ...

In your Copy Settings To (in Settings) ... do you refer to the X: Drive ? or is it something else ? To me it looks like it can be something else and then that command to make the OS default will fail.

Can you quickly test this (or debunk my assertion) ?
Copy Settings To must refer to your XX folder, but on Drive X: ...

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 02:25:53 pm »

In the OS that I am in at the moment, 10586 RAM, the Copy Settings To = "X:\XXHighEnd\2.xx\"

I am not sure about the other operating systems, but I do try to keep all the settings the same.

Audio PC

Audio Chain
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: