XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 03:20:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phisolator  (Read 47387 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: November 22, 2016, 12:16:59 pm »

Ha ! what would this be eh ?

Drumming !

The USB Isolator (PCB) I have been implying in between quite some lines.
But didn't I say that it did not want to work ?
yes I did. Well, sort of.

Because of unreliable results, I had to take out the prototype I had been using for two months or so, out of my chain. I mean, I still think it is without sense to have me listening to some better SQ for one or the other reason, with that making all SQ observations on behalf of you all, moot.
It didn't want to work - bad luck.

Sadly (for me), I missed the sound from it too much, so things were itching. D*mn, I *had* to get the thing to work !
So I can see by means of some invoice that from of Sept 1 we have been working on it again, quite continuously. Try this, try that. Shortcut this, let explode that. And yes, you may have seen me writing about blowing up something in my NOS1a only a small week ago. That was my USB Interface.
But exactly that thaught me how to go about with it all, and now it works.
AND HOW !

I have it now built in my NOS1a (per yesterday morning in definitive version);
The sound is super special and in general I'd like to call it "sparkling". But I think that it is better to express it as : all is 10 times more emphasized. Could it get more crazy again ?
So Yes.
The sound is so super extraordinary clear that it is jaw dropping. I'll also insert this text which I yesterday (when I wrote the main part of this post) scratched because I thought it was overdone. But yesterday evening I ran into "the thing" again, so I re-inserted that text :

This I had running yesterday and I was blown out of my socks. So WTF ! ?

Think a moderate louder level (so really not crazy loud). Then there's this hit on the snare throughout the 8 minute or so track. Say once per 1,5 - 2 seconds this hit.
Side note : yes, this undoubtedely is working in combination with the B'ASS and with the notice that the last reincarnation of that was developed with this same Isoator in my chain, with same effect but 10 times less emphasized (different configuration back then). So :
At the first hit on that snare I was blown out of my socks. Not because so crazy loud or dynamic, but because it was so realistic for loudness in the middle of the other instruments. So yes, it *was* dynamic and yes it *was* crazy loud. But now this :
At the second hit (just 1,5 second later) I had landed back into my socks, but was blown out of them again.
And again. And again. And 450 seconds and 300 hits later, the same was still happening. Minutes earlier I already started to explicitly wonder how it could happen that I kept on being surprised. I mean, after 10 hits you know how they go, right ?
No, somehow not. I don't know what kind of dimension I have entered, but it must be about some vision on the artists, playing their instruments, and although I don't want to "see" at all, it just happens and now this new dimension makes it super much more interesting, if you want it or not.
Didn't I tell the other day about seeing a drummer jump in the air to let land the sticks on to the drum with his full body weight behind it ? that. But that was a few days ago and now this is worse (better). Yesterday I saw that all the time throughout, never mind what was playing. You now see *how* it is played.

Thus, I initially scratched this text, but during last night's listening session it kept on occurring to me as *the* feature of the Phisolator; The text deserves to be there ...

Another very clear virtue is the "shortness" of all. Super super dry. Just what a snare drum likes to have. But a good vibrating bass no different.
So Yes, try to envision how sparkle emerges from super dry. This is just the twinkles etc. being sufficiently isolated; no smear happens now.

Like with the versatility of the B'ASS and offering people the means of going back to the original situation, here too I would like to offer the facility to compare old with new. With an external box (small case) that facility would be available naturally, but this is of course not so when it is built in the NOS1a's case. Besides that, USB is so fragile that it better not be mangled with by means of rambling in the case. It should go by means of official connectors, you just swapping cables.

Setup

At the place where now 2 USB inputs are visible in the NOS1(a)'s case, one USB terminal will be added and the one for the not-operative display will now also be utilized for the Phisolator setup.
Mind you, the configuration is such that you can keep on using the normal connection, electrically the same as it always was. Why is this ?

1. So you can go back to that situation, might you want that or migt another USB Isolator come available;
2. So you can compare the two different means;
3. So you can compare outside of the B'ASS upgrade.

Ad 3.
Yes, of course we are going to combine this upgrade with the B'ASS upgrade ! But either changes the sound so much that I think you really want to know which causes what (hence #2).

With the notice that nobody should be worried by additional connectors or pieces of USB wire/cable (like you also are not worried about the additional connections the Intona implies), this is how the connections go :

Envision 3 USB terminals, A, B and C.
C = Direct Input (coming from PC).
B = Output from internal Isolator.
A = Input to internal Isolator (coming from PC).

We have a direct Connection from PC to the regular USB Interface, as how it always has been (and include an Intona in the path if you like, only to indicate what "direct" means in this case). So the PC connects to terminal C in this situation. Thus :
PC Cable -> C Input -> USB Interface.

We now take the provided small USB Cable (explicitly not a Clairixa) and loop through from connector B to connector C. Meanwhile we put the USB Cable from the PC to connector A. Thus :
PC Cable -> A Isolator -> B Output -> Very short USB Cable -> C Input -> USB Interface.

The lot is set up such that no user mistakes can be made with the connections, with the knowledge that the only mistake possible is that you put a USB Cable from A to B which would connect the output of the Isolator to its Input. The means to protect from this mistake will be the length of the provided USB Cable (think 10cm/4") and the positioning of the A, B, C terminals. Thus, if A and B are outside with C in the middle, then the very short cable will be as short as the distance from B to C requires, that being too short to go from A to B. A to C is not possible anyway because no connectors will fit to both (it would require an USB-B to USB-B cable and normally they don't exist).

Technically

What the Phisolator does, is first of all isolating the signal galvanically. Nothing different here from e.g. the Intona. What the Phisolator does NOT, is "processing"; all it does is passing on the USB data (back and forth) and take care of the (handshaking) protocol.
What it does foremost is recondition the downstream signal (from Isolator to DAC). Still it does not really re-generate the signal; it operates quite similar as the NOS1a's internal isolation but now not in the i2s path but in the USB path (might people recall, there is no reclocking in order in the "a" version as such). The "a" means also implies that the power regulation is completely separated on both sides of the isolation barrier (the output/clean side does by not any means depend on the input/dirty side, for voltage as well as for ground). A difference with the "a"'s internal isolation is that this regulation is again lower noise and the lowest possible these days (2016).

Because of the in-DAC application, the grounding could be made as special as I could think of, and then referring to the now three different electrical circuits (each galvanically isolated from the other) - PC to USB Input, USB Input to i2s, i2s to D/A + Analogue out.
What I regard crucial is that where the signal is electrically regenerated for sure, the means doing this now only needs to drive the total of 20cm or so of USB wire with no further downsides of radiation of any kind (I check that these days by means of meters for it). This (no radiation) is to be compared with isolation transformers which for DC Voltages are true AC switchers (at a rate of say 80KHz to maybe 500KHz, depending on the type). There is NO isolation transformer in there.

The future

Believe it or not, but the Phisolator configuration is future proof. How ? well, it can be updated and it can be updated by yourself. Not that I know of anything at this moment, but when time progresses we will see that most proably I will be able to think of new means within the same setup. Thus, we'll have a new PCB produced, we'll apply some soldering to it and for maybe 150-200 euros you will have the upgrade with low shipping costs because so small. You just replace the Phisolator with the new one, at the time.
So only the first time is more expensive because of the initial assembly work. Any next time is 10 seconds of work (no soldering) plus a few minutes for taking off and back on the lid.

I am confident that the future of improving SQ is in the USB Interface.

Price

Let me first notice that there's a crazy expensive chip on there - 80 euros. So there it starts.
PCB + further parts maybe costs 40 euros (including the additional USB terminal for in the chassis) so let's say that 120 euros is the cost price of the Isolator parts. Soldering ? maybe 30 minutes per board.

The soldering / assembly in there ... I say 60 minutes for everything and this includes the changes (USB wiring) to the existing USB Interface and changing the output voltage of the PSU in the left leg.

We must make that very short USB cable of which I say it takes (apart from a 1$ USB cable) 30 minutes, including testing it (en masse).

Testing (analyser) will be 30 minutes,

Because things can fail, I count 30 euros for that (now one out of 10 can completely fail (USB is really fragile stuff) and it is covered for).

Counting the numbers of the blue texts above, I count 150 minutes and at a moderate rate of 60 the hour this comes to a total of 300 euros including the cost of the parts and coverage for failure.
Because I like a bit of profit for all the trouble of designing and trialling and what not what actually can't be changed into $ when keeping it civilised, I add 50 euros for profit. That's 350 euros in total (ex VAT for those liable to VAT).

Availability

There's a small catch here;
In the text above I suggested that we "of course" combine this with the B'ASS upgrade. The PCB's are available already, but the chips have a lead time of 8-10 weeks, except 31 of them which we will have very soon (can be this week). This is only a few more than the current B'ASS orders, also knowing that the PCB's for the B'ASS are in the DHL air plane right at this moment (finally). This means that on a first come first serve base, only a few more orders for the B'ASS/Phisolator combination can be served from that first batch of chips. After that it will be waiting for a next batch of 25 until the end of January 2017.

I am assuming that everyone who is on the list for the B'ASS also wants to be on the list of the Phisolator. Still I obviously like to know it explicitly. So please apply in this topic for the Phisolator, which is also nice for those who may or may not be served by that first batch of 31 (start counting).
For the sequence of upgrading we will use the original B'ASS list, unless you are not on that list and don't want to be either. This also implies that when you are not on the B'ASS list but like to have the Phisolator (and now B'ASS as well, or not, which does not matter), you really need to be the fastest or otherwise someone else beats you to it and you must wait until the end of January at least.

Questions ? don't hesitate.
But man, what am I glad that this worked out !

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:58:38 pm »

(from Star Trek)
- (Kirk) "Scotty, beam the NOS1a to Peter's place - on the double!".
- (Scotty) "But Captain, there are too many radiations to pin point the right location! Should we send it by UPS instead?".
- (Kirk) "You are right. So be it and wait for a new discovery!".

Yes I want a piece of that stuff Wink But my short Clairixa is longer than usual and my "C" USB input is at the rear of the left "H" branch on my NOS1a as you know. Will that be a problem? (I will send the short USB Clairixa with my NOS1a, so you will be able to test with it).

"Kirk out." Wink

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »

Hi Peter,

Yes, put me on the list!

regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »

let explode that.
    rofl rofl rofl

Count me in :-)

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »

Quote from: AlainGr, Star Date 01-01-2099

Yes I want a piece of that stuff Wink But my short Clairixa is longer than usual and my "C" USB input is at the rear of the left "H" branch on my NOS1a as you know. Will that be a problem? (I will send the short USB Clairixa with my NOS1a, so you will be able to test with it).

Hi Alain,

I know, and it is not a problem. We make the USB Cables anyway and a little longer or shorter is fine.
We do NOT provide Clairixa's for it because (somehow) the sound will be poor because of that. When working on this we ran into the piece of wire which has been used for testing in the past (piece inside the NOS1) and it has a tag "NEVER TRY THIS AGAIN". I put the tag on it because it has been a complete waste of time to try it out, not once, not twice but three times. Btw, Mani knows. Happy

Btw, in normal fashion everybody should be able to try his short Clairixa just the same (I now realize I can do too, because it is just there and can right away be used for the "loop through") but I dare to guarantee that mysteriously it won't work out.

Kind regards,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
toddn
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 01:20:27 pm »

I'm definitely in Peter!

Let's just say these upgrades come at a good time, because your description of the resulting sound is exactly what I've noticed is currently lacking.

Thank you for your never ending quest of "taking things to the next level"

It's nice to know we all hav a foundation that allows it!

Todd

W10-10074  XX HighEnd 2.03 PC -> i7 3930K AS Rock MB W/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS supply mod. For Processor Clock, Hyperthreading On (12 cores) @430MHz (!), 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview build 10074 Samsun SSD, XXHE on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk), music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS W10 = .14(max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / W8 Scheme = Core 3-5, W10 Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - *Not Persist* / WallPaper Off, W10 Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *63* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / *Custom Filter Mid 705600* / -> USB3 (Silverstone W/Dexa Neutron Star Clock & Linear PS> *Clairixa USB* -> Uptone Regen w/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (*4ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interlink -> 8 channels of Hypex NCore 400's -> DYI BD Orphean Horns w/ qty-3 custom 15" open baffle bass drivers and qty-8 12" open baffle subwoofers per channel
KnB
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 01:43:25 pm »

Hi Peter,

Yes, Please add to my order  Happy

Phasure system: XXHighEnd stealth Mack III LPS PC, Xeon scalable 14/28 - Lush^2 Blaxius^2  - NOS1a/G3 75B Dac - Orelo mkII speaker

Win 10 14393 - XX 2.11 - min OS - RAM drive - Music on LAN - Adaptive 4096 - Allow format change - Core 3/5, low, Real time - Clock res 15ms
XTweaks 52,10,1,0,1 - Boost at xxhighend startup - SFS 10.19/10.19 SC - Incl garbage - Copy to xx - Always clear proxy - Use remote desktop
Use touch facility - Stop desktop/remaining/wasapi services - Keep LAN - Use remote desktop - OSD text - Show as wallpaper - Q1,3,4,5,xQ1;14,1,1,1,10
Prosessor set to 20 cores - Driver 1.04; USB buffer 16ms
nik.d
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »

Hi Peter,

You know I was asking about your isolator few months ago. Since it is not clear to me, let's have it cleared: Do I have to
send NOS1 to you or isolator will be available for purchase & shipment? No matter when available, first batch or later one(s).

Brgds,
George

XXHE 2.11a / W10 14393.0 / Asrock Extreme4-M, Xeon E5-2648L, 16GB DDR3 / NOS1, Starcrimson GaNFET monoblocks, GR Research 'Venuette' OB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »

Hi George,

Things changed since those few months ago, as I planned to have it externally. That idea changed but in the end improved SQ vastly.

Point at this moment is that I can't tell yet how difficult it will be to change the internal USB wiring and how large the chance is that it does not work (shows USB errors). So far I have only my own NOS1a's example and that has been very difficult up to a few days ago. So now I think and obviously hope to do it in a few hours but only when say 10 passed without difficulty, I will be able to tell that it is fine and maybe also what to avoid or apply in order to have the best chances.
In your case it is even more special because you have no "a" (i2s isolation). Maybe that does not even work at all ?
Or bite the dust and have all upgrades in one go ? (at least you would be on the list of the first batch as how it looks now)

Best regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 03:58:31 pm »

I'm definitely in Peter!

Let's just say these upgrades come at a good time, because your description of the resulting sound is exactly what I've noticed is currently lacking.

Thank you Todd.
But a question : is it correct that I don't have you on the second list for the B'ASS (B'ASS built in in NOS1(a)) ?

Best regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

Peter,

i want this too

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 04:21:59 pm »

Hi Peter,

Count me in for the Phisolator/B'ASS.

Regards,
Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
toddn
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »

Count me in as well! Although I'll probably have to get Peter to check his shipping rate from the US, since mine are even more ridiculous.
Todd

Hey Peter here is where I responded to the change in plans on the B'ass to be put internally into the NOS1 on October 30th.

Hope my original place in line for the upgrade is still in effect Sad

W10-10074  XX HighEnd 2.03 PC -> i7 3930K AS Rock MB W/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS supply mod. For Processor Clock, Hyperthreading On (12 cores) @430MHz (!), 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview build 10074 Samsun SSD, XXHE on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk), music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS W10 = .14(max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / W8 Scheme = Core 3-5, W10 Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - *Not Persist* / WallPaper Off, W10 Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *63* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / *Custom Filter Mid 705600* / -> USB3 (Silverstone W/Dexa Neutron Star Clock & Linear PS> *Clairixa USB* -> Uptone Regen w/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (*4ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interlink -> 8 channels of Hypex NCore 400's -> DYI BD Orphean Horns w/ qty-3 custom 15" open baffle bass drivers and qty-8 12" open baffle subwoofers per channel
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »

All fine Todd !
Sorry for the confusion; I must have forgotten to put you on that list. Quite disrespectful eh ...

Thank you !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
manisandher
Crazy Audiophile

from-first-principles.com

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »

Btw, Mani knows. Happy

All I know is that USB is the weirdest interface on the planet!

(Oh, and I also know that I'd like both my 'sheep' upgraded with the Phisolator/B'ASS, of course!)

Mani.

PS. This upgrade comes at a really good time for me. I have to say that I haven't listened to either of my 'sheep' for weeks now. I've been very much enjoying listening to the AR-T Legato USB-to-spdif converter feeding my TDA1541A S2 DAC (modified to run in NOS mode with a Crystek femto clock). There's a 'musicality' with this setup that is so addictive.

Main System:
Phasure Mach III (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=4.00 / XTweaks = 34, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / 8x Arc Prediction / switch #5 'up/off' / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 -> 8m Blaxius^2 -> First Watt F5 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horn speakers
Office System:
Phasure Stealth II -> Lush^2 -> RME ADI-2 Pro FS R -> Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Marvel horn speakers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: