XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 01:07:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are these ._ files and how to get rid of them ?  (Read 18709 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:45:23 am »

For reference, also see Re: Cover art display in version 2.07.

See below picture. These files are NOT images, although the extension tells so. Nothing - at least not on the Windows Operating System - can deal with it. It is very obtrusive because the Windows "associations" to extensions (like .jpg) expect what's in such a file according to all the rules which existed since Windows and beyond. Thus, Windows herself will fail upon opening such a file, but I too can't deal with it, because all de existing code deals with - in this case - .jpg's and expects an image in there. Not some "metadata" rubbish from (I'm sure) some other OS or platform.

Do notice that such ._ prefixes exist in a couple of appearance forms and foremost that it can exist for any file in your "system". Which system ? that is actually question number one. But say this is a NAS and you copy folders from it to a local hdd etc., then this files come along and the damage is done. So really, this acts like a virus and the more it is spread to systems which don't/can't cope with it (all Windows I presume) the more will fail.

If I "enumerate" music files and these include .AIFF files, then I expect music to be in there and not some rubbish. I - and anyone else - CAN NOT change a million lines of code and check whether it is really a music file. Or an image. Or a Word document. Or x 1000 more ...

Getting rid of these files seems easy : go to some main folder by means of Explorer, type the ._ in the search field of Explorer (top right corner), select the complete result and delete all by one shift-F5 press.
And wait until it's back, I suppose ...
Or wait till something fails on your NAS, might it originate from there and you just deleted it there.

So the question : I am thick enough to not understand or know where this originates from, and what I see in communication here and there with customers, it is tough explaining because they don't even know what I am talking about. And honestly, when someone drags along a USB pen from somewhere, the ._ files are already in its root.
Where does this sh*t originate from, and can we prevent it from happening, the origin not failing meanwhile (read : suppose this is from a NAS and you delete all these files in there, will the NAS still be OK and won't the files be back "tomorrow").

Please notice and try to understand : If this "belongs" to your NAS, then it can not be avoided that the files end up in your Audio PC just the same, *because* all is copied of our interest, and this includes all the .jpg's and .AIFF's and, well, no need to explain. This, while it makes the program at our end fail.

Help.

Peter

PS: The content of the picture you see below was sent to me by a customer and all he did was downloading Coverart data from the Internet somewhere, for some album. Quite harmless. Do notice though that in this case it is quite explicitly visible (not in below screenshot BTW) because it was obtained in a folder named _MACOSX). Another datapoint is that I am pretty sure that the Aurender also contains this sh*t quite explicitly, but still not knowing whether it originates there (it could download its music data from some source doing it).
Btw, all what seems common to me is Linux (even OSX is Linux based).

* MetaDataJPG01.png (4.5 KB, 618x40 - viewed 723 times.)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
AlainGr
Audio Addict

Music for life

alain_gregoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:04:34 pm »

Hi Peter,

I remember this from a long time ago. While I suppose it is possible to know what these files are for, all I recall is that these files where normally invisible under Unix...They come from any OS based on Linux and Unix...

They can contain different information depending on the application using them (folder attributes, indexation info, etc...).

There are tools it seems to remove them but how to not copy them from one OS to the other...

Alain

Desktop with ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard,Intel 3930k 6 cores (+ 6) at 1.2 GHZ,32GB ram 1333Mhz,Win 10 pro build 14386 64 bit with no updates,OS + XXHE on external Sata III SSD (Esata), music (WAV) on external 5200 rpm drive through network, OS MInimized, XX with engine 4 adaptive,4096 (buffer size), CPU with scheme 3,Player = Low,Thread = RealTime, Q1 = 14,Q345 = 1,1,1,Q1x=1,Clock res = (variable),Stop Desktop Services,Stop Remaining Services,Stop Wasapi,,LAN on,persist = on,all OSD off,SFS = 2,PE off,PA off, Arc Prediction,x16 Upsample, Straight Contiguous,Lush USB  cable,Phasure NOS1a DAC,Meitner PA-6 preamp, Spectral Audio DMA-180  Power Amp, Tannoy System 15 DMT II, Tannoy St-100 supertweeters, Tannoy TS2.12 subwoofers (2). * On hiatus for a while...
nik.d
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 12:28:38 pm »

Files starting with "." (dot) are 'hidden' files (or directories) on Unix/Linux/Android and most probably OSX.
This files resemble me on 'Thumbs.db' in Win world - never understood why and when they are generated (not wanted to learn Happy)

XXHE 2.11a / W10 14393.0 / Asrock Extreme4-M, Xeon E5-2648L, 16GB DDR3 / NOS1, Starcrimson GaNFET monoblocks, GR Research 'Venuette' OB
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:46:59 pm »

Files starting with "." (dot) are 'hidden' files (or directories)

Yes, I forgot ... it can just as well be directories (even more obtrusive).

Btw, below a picture of how you can see it go wrong ... (or envision that)

Thanks,
Peter

* MetaDataJPG02.png (104.1 KB, 220x637 - viewed 807 times.)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
coliny
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 04:59:03 pm »

The folder which caused me trouble was also called _MACOSX & contained a file ._PatriciaBarber-GreenMill-3.jpg. It came with a legitimate paid download I don't think its malicious, probably an oversight by whoever set it up. Deleting it was all I had to do.

Colin

Apr'20 :- XX2.11/W10_14393.0, MachIII RAM-OS, Music PC, RDC control by W10 Netbook, Ram Disks, min OS ,Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / Decode HDCD / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = RT / Scheme = *Core 3-5* / Switch Processors during Playback / ClockRes = 15ms / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 34 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = 0 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 1 / Memory = Straight Contiguous / SFS = 10 / Include Garbage Collect / UnAttended /Do Not Start Playback / All Services Off / Monitor off @ unattended / Custom Filter192 Sample Rate /Minidsp SHD Studio with DIRAC / -> 24 bit DDDAC1794 NOS DAC -> Quad ESL989 with upgrades and PV1 Subwoofer
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »

I "get" these files when I download or rip music on my iMac.
When I copy these files to my MusicServerPC they become visible.
They used to cause problems in XXhighend, but now I simply delete in Windows Explorer after copying and then its OK.

Regards,
Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »

Colin,

It came with a legitimate paid download I don't think its malicious

Maybe a language problem, but I never intended to say or even slightly imply that there's malicious things going on. All I said is "it spreads like a virus" because ... well, it does (by means of our own copying).

Otherwise I don't think this is overlooked etc. by the provider of your album. It is merely like it is not even known / visible. It is merely like Stanley just said (thank you Stanley) - it just happens while you are not aware of it initially.
Like putting in a USB pen in a Mac (only for reading something !) and receive it back with those files in it.

Maybe something changes in the Mac (OSX) then because remember, ever back this did not happen. And it should not happen, obviously !

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
hvdh
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 09:00:10 pm »

Not shure if this helps, but I just found this website:
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/14980/why-are-dot-underscore-files-created-and-how-can-i-avoid-them

which states:
You can't avoid them. They're created to store file information that would otherwise go into an extended attribute on HFS+ (Apple native) or Unix/UFS volumes; in earlier Mac OS this would be the resource fork. Finder file operations will create them automatically to store the icon information, plus Time Machine stores some information in them so if you copy a file backed up via TM it will have that information copied as well.
unquote

I guess there is no way to prevent them from being created....

Win10 14393.0 / music on LAN /  / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 40 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Not Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 20.19  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/  / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive / Stop Desktop-Remaining-WASAPI-W10 Services / Keep LAN - Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 42 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Arc Predict -> Clairixa USB 0.80 meter -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a DAC With B'ass and Phisolator -> BAlanced interlink -> Apogee Grand loudspeakers, using STAX dma-x2 (midrange ribbon) / Krell FPB600C (bass ribbon)

If it flies, Don't ground it!
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 10:04:57 am »

Hey Henk, yes that helps.

And so indeed it is so that a NAS is invoved. I mean, when that is shared between Windows and Mac ... there you go.

But it looks like these files also can freely be deleted (and when you access the folder of concern via the Mac they will be recreated in that folder and again will bug you when used from Windows).

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
hvdh
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16:19 pm »

Hi Peter,

I wouldn't mind at all if you added a bit of code to XXhighend which would delete these files everytime I "clear and refresh the Results List"

I presume this would be easy to program, would be very unobtrusive for us users, and you might as well get rid of those daft "thumbs.db" files at the same time:)

Or am I talking rubbish now?

Henk

Win10 14393.0 / music on LAN /  / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 30/-/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 40 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Not Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 20.19  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/  / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive / Stop Desktop-Remaining-WASAPI-W10 Services / Keep LAN - Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 42 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Arc Predict -> Clairixa USB 0.80 meter -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a DAC With B'ass and Phisolator -> BAlanced interlink -> Apogee Grand loudspeakers, using STAX dma-x2 (midrange ribbon) / Krell FPB600C (bass ribbon)

If it flies, Don't ground it!
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 04:13:43 pm »

Yes Henk, I am thinking about such a thing. But I am not 100% yet this is allowed, because I will be deleting things from a Mac source (think NAS) which uses it (but nothing will fail when they are not there, as I understood).

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterC
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 03:35:40 am »

Peter, this is probably quite simple but I can't seem to delete these files once they are loaded to the playlist area without clearing everything.  I seem to be limited to scrolling past them to the actual files, which means that I can't load multiple albums (or I can but play stops when it encounters the first such file.

I know that given my music is on exFAT formatted hard drive shared with Mac OSX, I am not able to permanently delete from the drive.  But if I could delete from the play area, I could at least load multiple albums and get rid of the rogue files manually.

Regards, Peter

W10-14393 in boot camp on Mac Mini I7 Late 2012 with Smps replaced by UpTone JS2 lps and MMK linear fan controller (4 core; 8 cores hyperthread),16GB RAM, music on FireWire drive; no video connection, control via Ethernet to RDP on MacBookPro/ Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 4  (max 150) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Always Copy to XX Drive / Keep LAN - Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filter *High* 705600 -> Curious USB 0.8m -> UpTone ISORegen powered by Uptone LPS-1 ->Uptone solid link -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a-> Audioquest Sky interlink -> Vandersteen M5-HP high pass filter ->Musical Fidelity A308CR Amp -> Vandersteen 3A Signature + dual 2Wq subs
PeterC
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 03:46:41 am »

Sorry, I have answered my own question...I needed to enable right clicking on my trackpad so right click now works to remove rogue files from play area!

W10-14393 in boot camp on Mac Mini I7 Late 2012 with Smps replaced by UpTone JS2 lps and MMK linear fan controller (4 core; 8 cores hyperthread),16GB RAM, music on FireWire drive; no video connection, control via Ethernet to RDP on MacBookPro/ Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 4  (max 150) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Always Copy to XX Drive / Keep LAN - Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filter *High* 705600 -> Curious USB 0.8m -> UpTone ISORegen powered by Uptone LPS-1 ->Uptone solid link -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a-> Audioquest Sky interlink -> Vandersteen M5-HP high pass filter ->Musical Fidelity A308CR Amp -> Vandersteen 3A Signature + dual 2Wq subs
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 10:51:43 am »

Peter, it is still on my ToDo to do something about them. But it looks that this will take a performance penalty.
We'll see.

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterC
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 05:46:47 am »

Peter, could you not modify your software such that upon instructions to load into panel 2 and 3, files beginning with "._" are ignored?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: