XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 19, 2024, 03:00:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lush  (Read 248366 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:04 am »

Dear People,

Maybe you thought I was a bit quiet lately, but in any event it has not been quiet in the listening room.

Today I present you

LUSH

Old ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ You will get there !

As you can see I try to keep ahead of things. And as you can imagine, it gets more and more difficult to improve. But maybe I managed.

Now who is Lush. OK, here : Lush Cosmetics Ltd.
scratching

When I myself think about "lush" as such, it is something which is soft. A breeze through something. No hard colours. But it is also about wealth in the sense of a wealth of things.

This is the Lush.
If you look closely you see how The Lush operates. It is palpable. It whispers to you. You listen to it. It gives you wealth. It is nature. It is the real thing.

Some say the Clairixa is the best USB Cable ever. Well, it actually is; It is well possible that nothing was made better to USB spec than the Clairixa. It would anyway be very hard to accomplish.
But who actually tells that the USB specification with its - mind you - wide margin can't be improved for Audio ?
So that is exactly what I did ...
secret

First it took two months or so of throughput before I found how specifications as such would influence the sound. Yes, you heard me right, I said sound (as in : let's drop the "quality" part). Then the direction was determined of which way specifications were allowed to go (think a simple plus x or minus x here). Then the margin was determined as in "too soft now" or "nice but too strange".
Lastly a topology had to be determined which would make it feasible to ever construct the cable. This includes the sleeve which actually is part of the topology again (it is a dielectric).
Oh, I almost forgot : the last trajectory has been the listening for 4 weeks.

And here it is :

The Lush USB Audio Cable

Sound (1)

Allow me to compare with the Clairixa;
Clairixa is the best 1:1 translation from digital.
Err ... from what ?
Right.

Clairixa is a most pinpointed razor blade sharp machine.
Lush is a pile of musicality. If you hear it right out of the box there will be one thing jumping at you right away : the harmonisation of ... the harmonics. Ehm ...
Well, yes; Of course I am inclined to say that it is the harmonisation of the musicans etc., but while this would be completely the truth, it is about the technical thing underlying that. All "tones" swing.

Again it is so that all detail remains. Again it is so that the cable is as fresh as nowadays is required. But there's a "connecting droop" that turns digital into analog. And you know what ?

There hasn't been one single time in the 4 weeks I am listening to the Lush now, that I was disturbed by one or the other things which urged for improvement. And it is right here where the difference with Clairixa is : Clairixa shows the lesser parts (from the source) or it just is the lesser cable for some material or sounds. Actually, when listening to the Lush, what should come to mind is the analogy with analog :

Analog won't go wrong. It always works.
This is the Lush. But now with the advantage of the dynamics and "no noise" from digital. It really works, you know.

Sound (2)

(this is the description I already made on June 1 - the description above I just created again, objectively)

All is relative and for me the sound is relative to Clairixa;
Clairixa, as her name tells, is clarity, crystal and clear water. Combine all these and you have a most clear sounding cable but which also can be bitchy. It can bite. This is no problem, unless you hold something against it which has the properties of "lush".

We now must be careful because "lush" in my own language does not exist as far as I know; working with the sound of the word only, there is softness in it. A sweet softness. On the other hand, when I look at the explanation in English, one of them is "green meadow". Now combine this with a nice breeze through that meadow and you get close to the sound.

If you watch closely at the descriptions I tend to give to such a vehicle as an audio cable is, you may notice that they are always technical. So, maybe you had another idea than technical with "green meadow", but my idea about it is really technical. It is "a means to" (create a specific sound). However, for the very first time I now dare to give a very  normal audiophile description : this cable is musical.
If this cable is to be rated for its musicality, it will receive a 10 (out of 10).
All sings and dances together and you can hear the harmonics doing that. So actually the harmonics work togteher.

Comparing with Clairixa we can say (or at least I do myself) that this is a piece of machinery that adds nothing and passes on what it is given. If you listen to the Lush for a week and put back in Clairixa, you will say "oh my, what a d*mn good cable is that ! - how is it actually possible ?". However, for you as the yet unknowledged, I can tell you that it will be this what you hear from the Clairixa when you listened to the Lush for real :

When you again listen to the Clairixa, you start to notice that not every day everything sounds as good as you liked it to be. It doesn't really bother because you are used to that anyway and all you hear is the "goodness" of it all.
On a side note : During the path to the launch to the NOS1a/G3 upgrade (Clairixa in the chain) I have said this several times lately :  you can hear that things are not perfect but you are not bothered by it because it is as it is and you can not see possible improvement (and now it does not annoy either).
Not so with the Lush ...

For a 100 times I have thought "okayyyy NOW I achieved 100% pure analog". It just can't go wrong.
And that's how it is. It can't go wrong ...

Yesterday too, I explicitly watched for any wrongness or disturbance or annoyance etc., but in 4 hours of time I could not find anything. Instead I thought "OMG what have I done this time".

Sound (3)

Under "Sound (2)" you read that the original description was made on June 1, and I can tell that "Sound (1)" was made on June 13. Today it is June 21 and I have this addition :

This cable will change audio (or something of that order);
Because I obviously was able to play more in three weeks than in two weeks, it becomes clear more and more how something like this cable is able to dig out super profound say "melodies" which weren't there at all before. Think like being used to e.g. Talking Heads - "Once in a lifetime" for the major part of your life, and suddenly there is a synthesizer in there playing the main melody for a larger part. This really makes you think like "huh ?!?".

What's also new is that the Lush is able to let MQA sound more or less right, which the recognition that the properties of the sound heard, seem to spring from Hires in general. Say that there's a "hardness" in metal with a little sauce of roughness, which is almost the opposite of what you normally experience from Hires (at least I think it can sound too silky up to dull). So this realism in metal is almost the main characteristic and if you watch (listen) closely, you can see that it is this property which makes things infinitely more real.

Assumed that one day you will own this cable, you should start out with playing Tanita Tikaram - "Twist in my Sobriety" and drop dead from what you perceive from the larger hits on a larger drum while explicitly trying to think that she and the band is not with you in the room. Well, I perceived it as the most realistical representation of music in the room, that somehow still coming from a pair of loudspeakers. Btw, this counts for the whole of the Ancient Heart album.

The last revelation only springs from last night, but for this I must first go back so something else I recently found : the famous toilet test fails - at least when being outside of the house, door open, you being around the corner somewhere.
Toilet test : When being in the toilet, a couple of doors closed between you and the listening room, all frequencies should sound still even for level. No boom-boom, no hissing, just even and only lower in level. "Should" ... ?
Today this test for its "being outside" version fails because it seems that insufficient highs are available. No boom boom, but a kind of stuffed ears feeling when you try to listen to nice music, thus being in the garden etc., you speakers around a few corners.
And now this revelation :
Yesterday, for the very first time I was able to play music while eating outside in the garden, without being distracted by music. So, I am quite sure both just described phenomena go together : a bit of less pronounced highs which allow the music to be better background music.
The fun is too that when you go inside, you are overwhelmed with the exact opposite : spades of highs but which somehow don't like to travel around corners. It can also be that it works out like this for me personally, because I am relieved that it works so well, while being outside makes me doubt whether all is as good as I wanted it to be. Well, it just is and in double-fashion.

Price

The time required to make one of 100cm (~3ft) is a little bit longer than for Clairixa. Still I like to keep the price the same at 200 euros.
Otherwise we now work with standard lengths which is more economical with production so the price can be kept "low" :

070cm : 200 euros.
100cm : 200 euros.
150cm : 225 euros.
200cm : 275 euros.
300cm : 400 euros.

Edit : This is without shipping and is also without VAT; for those liable to VAT 21% must be added.
You can order your Lush here.

You can see that the price progressively rises with the longer cable, which is because of the difficulty of the topology and the sleeve which becomes harder and harder to slide on (think like cm for cm to push through and at 300cm it taking an hour).
Clairixa was sold at up to 7m (700cm) and we think this will be impossible to realistically make. Of course, nothing is impossible, but ... Well, but at least we must try once before we really know.

70cm is the shortest length which is mainly because of the somewhat odd bending capabilities of the cable;
At the "A" side of the cable (this is the PC side) the cable is made so that it can bend up and down - not sideways. At the "B" side (DAC side) it only bends side ways.
Both combined implies that you need a bit of length to go from the one device to the other.

Availability

We are right in the middle of NOS1a/G3 upgrades, but because we face a small break, at the moment of this writing no NOS1a's are in-house so right now we produce Lushes until we drop. But this is only for a couple of days and we can't tell yet how many we will have by the end of the day tomorrow (the last moment of shipping this first batch). Also, somewhere next week we will have one extra day for production (still no NOS1a in-house).

Anyway the message is clear : first come, first serve.
Nothing unusual really, but this time the fun is that after this first batch, production will be rare and only when nothing else can be done coincidentally (say because of poor logistics planning Happy). As how we see it today, this situation will last until September / October, when the G3 upgrades run to an end.

Please announce yourselves in this topic and not by email, so it will be clear to everybody who was first.
You can subscribe for longer lengths than 300cm but we won't producing such lengths at this time.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:35:56 pm by PeterSt » Logged

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:35 am »

Hey Peter,

Great ok

100 cm is good for me  Happy

Thanx

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
acg
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:43:51 pm »

Yes please.  Will let you know the length.

Audio PC
Stealth Mach II with Xeon E5 2698 v4 20 Core 2GHz  with Hyperthreading On [40 cores]/ 32GB Ram / RAM-OS / mobo USB port

XXHighEnd 2.11 RAM-OS (W14393 RAM)
Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Buffer 4096 / Q1/3/4/5 = 14/1/1/1 / xQ1 = 1 / Processor Core Appointment Scheme = Core 1-3 / PlayerPrio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / ClockRes = 1ms / Not Switch during playback = off / Xtweaks Balanced Load = 43 / Nervous Rate = 100 / Cool when idle = 1 / Provide stable power = 0 / Utilize cores always = 1 / Time Stability = Stable / Time Performance Index = Optimal / SFS 0.90MB Max 120MB / Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect = on / Start Playback during conversion = off / Do not start playback at all = off / Copy to XX-drive by standard = on / Always clear Proxy before Playback = on / Stop Remaining Desktop Services = on / Stop Desktop Services = on / Stop Remaining Services = on / Stop WASAPI Services = on / Stop W10 Services = off / Keep LAN Services = on / Persist = off / Use Remote Desktop = on/ Arc Predict / Minimize OS = on / Peak Extend = off / Unattended

Audio Chain
Stealth MachII PC >> Lush^2 USB 1.1m >> NOS1a G3 B75, Driver v1.0.4 (4ms) >> Blaxius^2 >> 10Y DHT Preamp >> 6 way active horn speakers (Single Ended Triodes)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:51:02 pm »

Hey Peter,

Great ok

Gerard, goood to see you can still manage to be the first !
haha

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:02:06 pm »

Hey Peter,

Great ok

Gerard, goood to see you can still manage to be the first !
haha
rofl rofl

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
toddn
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:17 pm »

Good morning Peter, well afternoon for you of course bye

I would like a 100cm Lush!

W10-10074  XX HighEnd 2.03 PC -> i7 3930K AS Rock MB W/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS supply mod. For Processor Clock, Hyperthreading On (12 cores) @430MHz (!), 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview build 10074 Samsun SSD, XXHE on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk), music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS W10 = .14(max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / W8 Scheme = Core 3-5, W10 Scheme = Core 1-3 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / UnAttended (Just Start) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - *Not Persist* / WallPaper Off, W10 Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *63* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / *Custom Filter Mid 705600* / -> USB3 (Silverstone W/Dexa Neutron Star Clock & Linear PS> *Clairixa USB* -> Uptone Regen w/ Dexa Neutron Star & linear PS -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (*4ms*) -> Blaxius BNC interlink -> 8 channels of Hypex NCore 400's -> DYI BD Orphean Horns w/ qty-3 custom 15" open baffle bass drivers and qty-8 12" open baffle subwoofers per channel
Tore
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:49 pm »

And one for me Peter  smile

Will let you know the length

Tore

Phasure Mach III, 12/24 core (Win 14393.0 on RAM-OS / controlled by RDC, / connected directly to music server / XXHighEnd 2.11 / Minimize OS / Engine#4 Adaptive / DB=4096 / Q1=10 / xQ1=15 / Q3,4,5=1 / SFS=0.69 max=140,19 /XTweaks = 35, 10, 0, 0, 0 / Straight Contiguous / Clock Resolution = 15ms / Scheme 3-5 (low/realtime) / Unattended) mobo USB3 port -> Lush^3 -> Phasure NOS1a B75 G3 ->  Blaxius^2.5 , Crazy A monoblocs, Avantgarde Duo Omega
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 02:34:23 pm »

150 cm here, please. Thanks!

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:53 pm »

Hi Peter,

One for me too. Will let you know the length a bit later.

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
BertD
Audio Enthusiast

Only the Best!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »

150cm for me please...

Februari 1st: RDC controlled i7-4785T (set to 800Mhz - fully passive design without any moving parts), 16GB RAM / XXHighEnd 2.04c on 2GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / Windows 10 Pro 10586.0 X64 on internal 250GB SSD / Music on external NAS / Playback Drive 10GB RAMDisk (IMDisk) / SFS 0.10 / Barbone Industrial Intona > Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) > Blaxius BNC interlink > BD-Design BD30-SPR amplifiers > BD-Design Custom Made Sigma loudspeakers.

XX settings basically similar to PeterSt's
esimms86
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 04:01:37 pm »

Forgetting for a moment that to be "on the lush" means to be "heavily intoxicated"(perhaps that is what you were going for in a musical sense), you can put me down for a 100 cm. cable.

Esau

2010 mac mini running Windows 7 Professional N 64bit *SP1* and XXHE on SSD in Boot camp mode, mac os x Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus also on SSD, music on  separate 2 Tb firewire La Cie HD / 8 Gb RAM/ Engine#4 *Adaptive Mode* / Q1/2/3/4/5 = *30*/0/0/0/0 (Dev.Buffer = *4096*) / ClockRes = *15ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = 170 / not Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3/ *Minimize OS = On*  / 24/768 Phasure/Is Phasure NOS1/ NOS1 async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.2 -> Marantz PM KI Pearl amplifier ->Gallo Strada/Gallo TR3 subwoofer
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 04:06:09 pm »

Hey Esau,

Hmm ... No, I did not know that expression. Well, I know it in Dutch of course, and say that I like that state of being. Haha.
So no, not intended, but why not. Party

Thank you !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Stanray
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 06:19:39 pm »

Hi Peter,

A 70cm please   very happy

Regards,
Stanley

AudioPC: Passive Intel i7-2600S / Hyperthreading On / Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V/ RAM: Kingston DDR3 32GB/ Motherboard USB3.0 to NOS1a / PSU: Silentmaxx Fanless II/ no computer cabinet and no fans (NoFan 80 EH passive CPU cooler) / Music via LAN on SSD on MusicServerPC (desktop computer-W10)/ All music in WAV /Control on desktop computer or on Macbook Air <-> Wifi <-> separate (audio)router <-> LAN <-> MusicServerPC <-> LAN <-> AudioPC.

September 2021: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM/ XXHE 2.11 / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/1 / Q1Factor = 4/ Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 10ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 10.13 (max 10,13)/ No Filter/ not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Peak Extend Off /Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback/ UnAttended / All Services Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : 62, 1, -, 1, 1/ Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = On / Custom Filtering Low (16x) / -> Lush^3 USB-cable 70cm (A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-G) > Phasure NOS1a 75B G3 DAC, Driver v1.0.4) (16ms)/ Output via Balanced Blaxius BNC Interlinks > Audio Analogue Maestro monoblock amplifier > speakers: Apogee Acoustics Scintilla (custom rebuild).
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 08:38:24 pm »

Yes, I need lush!
Not at home this week, so will tell the length later.

Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
Arjan
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »

Just called home, my wife measured existing clarixa.
The Lush should be 100 cm for me.
Regards, Arjan

March, 2018 (2.10)
Music Server (old PC) RDC to Mach II Stealth 14393 RAM-OS / no videocard / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/3/4/5 = 30/0/1/1/ Q1Factor = 40 (Dev.Buffer = 4096) / ClockRes = 0.5ms / SFS = 5.19 Mx = 120 Straight Contiguous / driver buffer 16ms / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = High / Scheme = 3-5 / Unattended / Minimize OS / PeakExtend off / Arc Prediction / NO custom filter / 16x Upsampling / XTweaks 38 (turbo boost off in bios and cpu ratio 24!),1,-,0,1/with coverart / --> mobo USB --> The Lush 100 cm --> NOS1a 75B --> Blaxius --> bnc amps Jadis JA30 (modified and with the best tubes) --> Speakers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  All
  Print  

Jump to: