XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 09:49:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lush  (Read 249064 times)
lateboomer
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:45 am »

I will try it at bank's counter to do wire transfer instead of online.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2018, 07:59:22 am »

Hi lateboomer,

I tried to order 1 m Lush from the webshop but it didn't able to log in to Paypal to complete the payment.

That is something I never heard of. Can't it be just on your side ?

For wire transfer it needs additional details like person's name, email address and passport id.

All these details are shown on the page where you can select the wire transfer. However, when you are one step further, that data is not showing any more and you will be at a loss of what to do.

I will try it at bank's counter to do wire transfer instead of online.

Nah, that would be non-sensical. Besides you will still need the data you think you don't have. Happy

I will send you and email (to the address you registered with the forum) and you can pay to PayPal from there. OK ?

Kind regards and thanks,
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
lateboomer
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2018, 10:09:23 am »

Ok. I got your email. I will try to do it tonight. Thank you.
badgerline
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2020, 07:47:47 pm »

Hey, Peter - I just found your new recommendation for configuration on the audiolifestyle forum. I like it. For me, it is a more exciting sound than the consensus config, with greater definition across the whole frequency range. However, some solidity is lost and the increased detail in the upper mids sounds a little 'etched'. For me, it is a little like changing from a tube amp to solid state, to keep with your amplifier analogy. I like tubes :-)
badgerline
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2020, 08:05:58 pm »

Try this: the consensus, but B:YR instead of B:WBR.

Just as solid, but a different type of midrange (more transparent/cleaner?)

It's what I'm using for now, though I don't think it sounds better than the consensus, which is richer in the low mids.
briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2020, 09:04:59 pm »

Hi Badger,

Two questions:
- Is the new configuration from Audiolifestyle that you refer to: A: B-W & Y-R; B: B-W;

- Is the suggested configuration B:Y-R with Y on pin 1?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
badgerline
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2020, 01:31:58 pm »

Hi there,

Yes, that's the config I meant from Audiolifestyle: A: B-W & Y-R; B: B-W;

And also yes, I set my config up with Y on pin 1 on B. I haven't tried reversing Y/R, but I would be amazed if it made a difference. Still, I have been amazed many times in the past Happy

One other config I like in a dark-sounding system is A: B-W-Y-R, B: nothing connected! Everything jumps out, though there is not much refinement. Fun, though.

After a lot of testing last night, however, I went back to the consensus and toed in my speakers a bit more to reduce the low-mid bloom and I +think+ I prefer that overall.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2020, 05:49:31 pm »

Hey Badger,

By pure coincidence yesterday I got fed-up with that setting I proposed on A/S - for quite exactly the reasons you now mention. However :

After trying some other XXHighEnd settings for worse or even better (which is of course what "we" do as well Happy ), nothing satisfied me at all any more (but I did not go back to the "Consensus"). In the end - and now for those with the Mach III Audio PC, I found that the way more "sharp" (as in pinpointed) 24 core setting instead of an also quite consensus 20 core setting (for the 28 core processor), ... that this did all the bad tricks. Thus, while the 24 core setting shows way better attack on everything, this may just be the thing that the "consensus" setting can bear. But the setting proposed on A/S is ... well ... too edgy;
My wife complained within minutes, but I held on for a month or so (she had to hold on too ;-).

I am now thus trying yet an other setting I ever back found and liked and just like I never could tell about the "A/S" setting in here yet because I was not sure, I will take as much time as needed to express my ideas if for the better at all.
Meanwhile I could also try your and Ramesh' setting.

Thank you very much for your feedback !
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: