XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 10:43:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mach 111 SQ  (Read 22462 times)
fmanheck
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:05:52 am »

After receiving the 14/28 Mach lll the beginning of last week. It took me until this past weekend to get the music server reconfigured and the system finally up and playing music. I have not seen any posts on the Mach lll so I am wondering if anyone except Michael and myself have taken the plunge.

Well let me be the first to speak of SQ with the new Mach lll in the system. The way to best describe my initial reaction in a word is "shocking".

You would think that after starting with the NOS1 then going to the NOS1a then going to the G3 and adding the Stealth and of course the RAM OS, I would be prepared for the change. I just am not. I am shocked every time Peter moves the bar for SOTA digital playback.

Before this latest change, my system already sounded fantastic. Bass was great; Soundstage tremendous; Imaging first rate; Vocals and instruments lifelike and musical and emotional involvement just incredible.

This change with the Mach lll computer is extreme. I apologize for all the previous superlatives but I just keep running out of phrases that do justice to the changes I am hearing and feeling. I do not want bore other forum members. So I apologize in advance

Bass was great. Now comes a dramatic increase in bass information and articulation with individual instruments NATURALLY focused within the soundstage.

Soundstage now is downright spooky. Aural room cues and previously unheard details coming from everywhere in the room: front, center, high, low, far left and right and even behind on some recordings...the listening room disappears and is replaced by the venue where the performance was recorded. LOL my speakers disappeared with Peter a long time ago.

Imaging, Vocals and Instruments are completely cohesive and 3 dimensional. Believability became even more intense; realistic breathing vocals and instruments assuming their proportionate places and roles within the recording space.

Musical and emotional involvement. For me this is what it is all about. It is why I love music and why I love the hobby. I go to live musical performances and I own recordings of my favorite performers. Many are still with us more than a few are not. If I can come home after work play some of these recordings, close my eyes, go back in time, revisit the live experience, dive into performer's music, lyrics and emotional expression and remember where I was at the time and also feel those same feelings in the present moment. If I can hear them play and witness their passion, that is real for me.

The Mach lll really moved me forward in the realm of emotional involvement. It made finding that place easier and more believable for me than ever before. That is no small accomplishment. Thanks Peter. You have done it again. Why should I be so shocked (-:

MACH lll PC 14/28 / RAM OS 10493/ 2.10 Phasure NOS1a G3 24/768 USB DAC KS mode -Adaptive/Device buffer -4096/DAC is 32bits 768khz/DAC needs -32bits/Phase Alignment - NO/Format Change - enable/ Decode HDCD ON/Processor Core Appointment 3-5/Player Prio LOW/Thread Prio Real Time/Clock Res 15ms/Xtweaks 64,1,1,0,1/ SFS 5.19 MAX 120/Include garbage collect ON/Copy to XXdrive by standard ON/Stop Desktop ON/Stop Remaining ON/Stop Wasapi ON/Keep LAN ON/Use remote desktop ON/Persist ON/OSD ON/Coverart show Wallpaper, show back, at attended, show mirror back/ Q1,3,4,5,xQ1-30,1,1,0,1/40/ Amp: Music Reference RM200 HC version / Speakers Omega HO Alnico Monitors with Audio Smile Super Tweeters  Bass augmented by 2 GR Research OB subwoofers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 01:49:39 pm »

Hi Fred,

There is no single way that you can be boring to forum members, let alone me. It is such a pleasure to read your lines. The way you do that really makes us feel appreciated.

It took me until this past weekend to get the music server reconfigured and the system finally up and playing music.

Yes Fred, I was there of course. It must have been literally killing to not being able to connect the things out of the box. You must be lucky in love to meet the Windows 10 update on the Music Server PC just at the time your new Stealth III arrived, which made it impossible to connect to it (this stupid little problem). And from here I couldn't help either because of some administrator password problem on that PC. And Fred, I am amazed how quickly in the end you were able to replace that PC.
Anyway you must have been eating your fingers instead of a nice sateh.

Soundstage now is downright spooky.

Spooky is the word I have always been looking for. I will use it from now on. Thank you !

Imaging, Vocals and Instruments are completely cohesive

That is another one which my Double Dutch doesn't arrive at easily. But this is true and it contributes massively to the performance, if you ask me. Especially the envisioning how the artist are / behave on stage. I think this is (at least part of) the "venue" you talk about.
I think I learned quite a few new "english" phenomena from your great post. And seriously, terms which were not 100% required in the past, but nowadays days are.

realistic breathing vocals

To be honest, this is what I noticed myself regularly, lately. But it seems to be so realistic that each time it has happened (that I noticed it) I always think "did I imagine this because breathing belongs to singing, or what ?". So to me it could be part of the imagination again.
There's also quite a lot of theatral drama now. I suppose this is no English, but I mean that there's an intensity (or emphasis) to the message brought. I suppose this is how I was spellbound by those hip-hop albums I mentioned elsewhere, the other day. The "MTF" wasn't even important that I noticed (this usually annoys) because the guys do have something to tell and this comes across as more "intense" now (for the better or the worse prankster).

and remember where I was at the time

That. It works better too now IMHO.

Why should I be so shocked (-:

I said similar things (also in other occasions). It could be hard to believe that I myself keep on expressing by means of these (actually often the same) superlatives. But if I express myself like this, you can bet I feel it genuinely so.
And I am not a sales man (or maybe I am - haha).

Thank you Fred !!
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
fmanheck
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:33:11 pm »

there's an intensity (or emphasis) to the message brought

That is a great English description of how I feel when listening now.

Another bonus is I find myself spending more time with the music than I was before.

Hey Music33 you heard the system the other night. What did you think?

MACH lll PC 14/28 / RAM OS 10493/ 2.10 Phasure NOS1a G3 24/768 USB DAC KS mode -Adaptive/Device buffer -4096/DAC is 32bits 768khz/DAC needs -32bits/Phase Alignment - NO/Format Change - enable/ Decode HDCD ON/Processor Core Appointment 3-5/Player Prio LOW/Thread Prio Real Time/Clock Res 15ms/Xtweaks 64,1,1,0,1/ SFS 5.19 MAX 120/Include garbage collect ON/Copy to XXdrive by standard ON/Stop Desktop ON/Stop Remaining ON/Stop Wasapi ON/Keep LAN ON/Use remote desktop ON/Persist ON/OSD ON/Coverart show Wallpaper, show back, at attended, show mirror back/ Q1,3,4,5,xQ1-30,1,1,0,1/40/ Amp: Music Reference RM200 HC version / Speakers Omega HO Alnico Monitors with Audio Smile Super Tweeters  Bass augmented by 2 GR Research OB subwoofers
music33
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:49:42 pm »

If you’ve been reading posts about the Mach III then you've read things like ‘crazy sound’ and ‘shattering good’.  These superlatives coming from Peter had curiosity piqued.  How much better could the sound get from switching the streaming device.  When I heard that my friend Fred was getting the Mach III I was waiting patiently for the invite to come over.  Last Tuesday I headed over.  I have heard Fred’s system evolve over the years and I know how it sounded before the Mach II. 
I will say I am not great at explaining the sound of a system.  As I reread the posts from Peter I can now understand what he was trying to get at as he described the sound from the Mach III.  The words that come to mind when I think about what I heard was holistic, holographic and mesmerizing.  From the drums, to string instruments, to brass instruments to voices all sounded authentic.  The naturalness of the bass was the best I have heard.  There was this uncanny separation of different instruments and voices that let me hear the texture of each.  The sound stage had depth and width yet the sound was still tight and realistic.  I’ve come to recognize in systems there is usually compromises made when trying to get the right sound quality.  This is why us as audiophiles continue to change our equipment.  The Mach III somehow unified all the qualities you would want in a system with out the compromises. 
One track that I know well is Rhythm of the Heat by Peter Gabriel.  There is a part where there is whispering, it was like the whispering was 2 feet in front of the instruments. 
Some may be asking how the Mach III compares to the Mach II.  Since I didn’t hear them one right after another it is hard to give specifics.  All I can really say is last time at Fred’s house although the music was engaging it was not impactful.  This time as I was driving home I was  thinking this was ‘shattering good  Happy
A couple of random thoughts
Check out Fred’s signature, this amazing sound was coming from very high quality, but very inexpensive speakers in the audiophile world. 
Technology is changing rapidly; more powerful chips are being announced utilizing less power consumption.  I have a feeling between better technology and the things Peter has learned we will see the sound quality progress further.  I’m thinking Peter should work on an amplifier 😉
I want to again thank Peter as he is truly bringing sound reproduction to an amazing level of realism and thus giving many audiophiles more joy in listening to music.
Many thanks to Fred for allowing me to enjoy his system and look forward to visiting soon.

Cheers,
Dave
briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 11:44:05 pm »

Based on Peter's descriptions, and the recent comments by Fred and Music33, I have gone ahead and ordered the Mach III with the 16/32 configuration.  Will post impressions after I get a chance to listen.  I started out with the original XXHE PC and the NOS1a (with Blaxius, Clarixa) and XXHE 2.00a, and have followed the upgrade to Mach II, RAM-OS, G3, 2.10 always surprised by further improvements in SQ.  About a year ago, I also upgraded the Linkwitz LX521 speakers I had with the Orelos.  It has been an amazing journey, all the while discovering more music.  As I've said before, there is no system out there that provides this kind of upgrade path!!

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 10:22:23 am »

As I reread the posts from Peter I can now understand what he was trying to get at as he described the sound from the Mach III.  The words that come to mind when I think about what I heard was holistic, holographic and mesmerizing.  From the drums, to string instruments, to brass instruments to voices all sounded authentic.  The naturalness of the bass was the best I have heard.

Dave, so nice of you to share Fred's happiness - or how to exactly put it.

Reading your latter words in the quote above, let me return to this one :

https://listen.tidal.com/album/70518588

Although that too was planned to be part of the hip-hop evening, this album appears very special and is not really De La Soul as we're used to. It's almost exclusively cool bass riffs with a depth and strength ... well ... you know. No lyrics.

I am confident nobody tried because else I would have heard back something about it. Why ?
well, because there was no basses. Only some low frequency mumbling without definition. And without being interesting at all.
Huh ?
Yes, I played the album again a couple of days later, but I played it on the Stealth II. No electric basses there ! And now I can suddenly see how your words, Dave (and Fred's too) should have way more impact than I would think myself, no matter I have the Stealth III. Am I blind then ? OK, deaf ?

It indeed is so that all is x times more realistic via the III, but the real sense of that is obtained when you go back. Like I did accidentally (I had been listening to Fred's) because a new one had to be build up for me and so I grabbed the II again; Earlier I described that as "ugly" (or "as mud") but this was my perception of the high transient music I listen to (for testing but also because I just like it). And from there, on to the next subject :

Yes, Dave, that would be your interpretation of my words earlier on. But (thus) nothing of the sort of expressions I used, unless it was indirectly about that bass (which I didn't realize it was that "bad" at the time Happy). Thus no, when I talked about shattering and crackling and "all over" this has few to do with holistic and holographic. I mean, I think these phenomena dedicate to the mere normal music which one has to play first (haha) and of course judge for that. Say that I hardly do. But now this one :

There is a part where there is whispering, it was like the whispering was 2 feet in front of the instruments.

This could typically be in "my" music, but let's transfer it to needle ticks and a kind of scratching which is often used in the "music" I listen to, and which now comes forward so crazily loud, that we once again can wonder how it all works (hey, especially if now a dumn PC implies it !).
And if we think "crackle" as such and project it onto fireworks, then I could mean literally that but now from "music" which puts it forward (in the "ambient" scene).

And thus what I only realize now is that the novelty of the Stealth III can be put forward from at least two very different angles, if not three. So there's this high transients which so enormously well are represented (mind you, in reference to "not there at all" at first) and which only express in specialty music (no way Ray Brown will incur for it), there's the realistic angle which will be a summarization of all in there and which will give you the "I was there" feeling and which includes the superb (electric) basses and there's the more physical thing of the holistic presentation which btw also is expressed by my crackle because that too is everywhere and which highly contributes to the 3D experience.

There was this uncanny separation of different instruments and voices that let me hear the texture of each.

Dave, Yes. IMO this is very well expressed. I'd say that the further we go with the "absolute good sound", the more the separation is the notable thing. Waves seem to get tighter and tighter (less chance of colliding hence my standing waves concept) which (obviously) implies for the transients to come forward (and no crackle when all is smeared, right ?).

This time as I was driving home I was  thinking this was ‘shattering good  Happy

You are too kind. And I believe the "shattering" is by accident. But that. grazy

I have a feeling between better technology and the things Peter has learned we will see the sound quality progress further.  I’m thinking Peter should work on an amplifier 😉

You say this so right(fully);

So yes, "what I have learned". Let's say that this expresses indirectly that at first I did not know all that much, apart from being an audiophile myself for close to 40 years. I was like most and found new tweaks each day. Ground wires here, ferrites there. Until that one day that I thought that a computer should be able to eliminate nastiness from the CD transport. And from there I lacked the early-quit EE education. But now there was Google.
What is also correct is that the new technology on electronics should be utilized and step by step this happens. Long story short : that amplifier is coming.

Dave, I hope your nice report wasn't underwhelmed by my blathering. I just like those stories too much to not respond to it (all). And of course this is the most helpful for others.
Thank you !
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
music33
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 05:37:18 pm »

Hi Peter, I always appreciate your thoughts.  Expressing music via words is extremely difficult and is very dependent on your point of reference.  What we thought was great becomes mundane as we improve our system.  For me the Mach III in combination with Phasure, XXHighend and Lush crosses a chasm in musical reproduction.  It is not just speakers disappearing, better sound stage, blacker backgrounds, etc, etc - it is the unique combination of many different attributes coming together.  This is why I use the over-arching terms like holistic and holographic.

I think you've really captured the essence of the Mach III in this quote -
And thus what I only realize now is that the novelty of the Stealth III can be put forward from at least two very different angles, if not three. So there's this high transients which so enormously well are represented (mind you, in reference to "not there at all" at first) and which only express in specialty music (no way Ray Brown will incur for it), there's the realistic angle which will be a summarization of all in there and which will give you the "I was there" feeling and which includes the superb (electric) basses and there's the more physical thing of the holistic presentation which btw also is expressed by my crackle because that too is everywhere and which highly contributes to the 3D experience

Peter mentioned he started the Mach III because they stopped producing the parts for the Mach II.  Did he have any idea the impact the Mach III would have.  As Peter says, how does a dumb PC imply all this change in music reproduction.  This is why I think we have crossed a chasm – something has been uncovered or perhaps discovered.  The combination of Peter applying this knowledge and advancing technology has me excited for the things to come.
arvind
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 10:38:23 am »

Hi Guys,

If anyone thinks “where’s the smear” with his present set up, he’s in for a wonderful surprise, once he hooks up the Mach III to his set up.

This is my very first reaction with the Mach III. The low end is deeper, tuneful & louder, without any colour.

The Lush ^2 compliments the Mach III & fine tunes the improvements brought about by the Mach III.

Kudos to Peter for the brilliant Mach III & the Lush^2.

Enjoying every minute of the very musical experience.

Best regards,

Arvind

W10-14393.0 RAM OS / Mach III LPS 14/28/XXHE 2.11/Engine#4/Adaptive Mode/16x /Custom Filter/Q1= 14/0/0/0 xQ1=1/Device Buffer:4096/Invert Phase=On/Minimise OS/PE=off/Unattended/Stop All Services/SFS=20.69/20.69(max)/ClockRes= 15ms/Straight Contiguous/Music on HDD/Lush^3 USB cable A:W-Y-R-G; B:W-Y-R/Phasure NOS 1a/75b/G3 USB DAC. > Blaxius*^2.5 A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink. Orelo MK II active speakers. ET^3 between Mach III & music server. Driver version 1.04/Driver Buffer 16ms. OSD text = Off
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 12:43:50 pm »

Arvind, thank you very much for sharing.
Apologies for a late response. I only found this today !

Kind regards and happy to hear that all worked out.
Peter

PS:
I think that at some stage I will merge this topic with the general one about the Mach III.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 05:07:18 am »

The current setup (see signature) is SPECTACULAR!  It is now all about the music entirely.  Classical music is still I think the most demanding in terms of SQ--will spend some time on this next weekend.

One change is worth mentioning.  After being bothered by having to turn off certain dimmers, LED lights, etc. while playing (especially after Lush) because of ticks or scratches, I finally got a dedicated line for music put in. It could be my imagination, but music seems especially spectacular with the added dedicated line.

How many times have we said this: cannot imagine how it could get better!

Thanks again Peter for the continuous upgrades and improvements. 

Ramesh

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
Robert
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 04:59:33 am »

Being a late starter for a Mach III upgrade and attempting to get this during Covid, the wait has been well worth it. All comments above are correct. I have had it since July 20th but only just optimized it with Remote and removing USB mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Gosh this really does make a quite a large difference and not so difficult to achieve(easy once you know how). On clear vocals its now easy to hear fluctuating volume and tone from singers moving around the microphone in the studio something I have never heard before. This was on two albums.

This upgrade is a giant leap in sound quality and certainly is fundamental in any audio system.

Robert 

Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 12/24 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~997MHz, 48GB, W10, Pro64, Ver 14393, No updates,
XXhighend Ver 2.11a, Ram OS, Settings:Q1/-/3/4/5 = *14*/-/*0*/*0*/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max *10.13*) / Disable Cracks Off / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ UnAttended / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / *OSD Off* / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 62 / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Custom Filtering *Low* (16x)
Music on LAN, Phasure Lush^3 USB cable
Oppo 205 UDP Dac
Nordost Heimdall II interconnects and Nordost Heimdall II Power Cords, Audioquest power cords
Minidsp Flex digital 2 way Crossover 167hz
Unity Audio Boulder MKI Active Monitors x 2
JLAudio 12 Active Subs x 2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: