XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 29, 2024, 12:46:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blaxius Squared !  (Read 56916 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 10:15:20 am »

Waiting for the B^2 to arrive so I can comment on my experience.

We're starting right at this time on yours. Happy Managing before the end of the day (UPS deadline) seems tedious, but it could ... If so, prepare for Wednesday, otherwise Thursday.

For those waiting on more reports ... we managed all right, but this new Blaxius^2 owner too ran out for more than a week. Those cables must be scary. Happy

And while I am writing here anyway ... Yesterday I received the question whether it maybe was possible to play music without all this scattering and noises and all what is completely new in my "ambient" music. My response : I can't help that this is in there. You have heard this all a 100 times. It is like it is. And I like to play it because it shows what the system is capable of, these days.

But I must tell you : Yesterday I started out with a Burt Bacharach, and the ambience coming from that floored me. As if a 100 hall processors were applied to it. After the first shock of that, I recovered and focused on the reality (I always try to do that); again nothing wrong that I could see. But it was ab-normal real(alistic) how each of the instruments + singer were presented. From there, it is not only that I don't know "where to look" (see previous post) but I also don't know where to go to explore more of this. clapping

The actual worst part of it, seems to be that yesterday again was really much better than the day before. Things all over "snap in" and what did not fall in place yesterday yet, will today (system is on 24/7 and don't ask me how that causes real burn in, knowing that the DAC will output noise only, at -143dB or so).

Also strange : I reported (5-6 days ago ?) about the mere "mono like" presentation for recordings which weren't the best. But that disappeared completely too. I played the same album (tracks of it) and nothing was mono-like now. Actually it would be so that the general remark could be that things fly from left to right (and beyond) in a fashion I never heard before. This then as a general thing for any recording. It was even so that yesterday I was right next to the (outside - wall side of) the left hand speaker (playing at 86-88dBSPL) and the highs from the right hand speaker, that being 7 meters away from where I was, were just as audible as if I were in the middle between them. But, merely as reflections against the opposite wall. I mean, this latter has to be so because of the directivity of the horn I have. Anyway, that too I never heard before. It actually can't be either, but still it is so ...

More raving tomorrow ?

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 11:39:19 am »

In a separate post I like to mention this :

I feel we are on the verge of a new era in audiophiledom. Things start to happen in - or of a dimension which wasn't thought possible. I say this because *I* thought it was not possible, having worked on the sub-mm localization with phase angles and such.

As many of you will know, by now I "claim" that the 3D representation of recorded instruments, played back through loudspeakers, is not possible because of a lack of high frequency (without explaining further, my local positioning system (LPS) endeavors from pre-Phasure times worked in the 2.4GHz band, while here we have a max 20KHz band only). But I start to change my mind ...

The LPS lived by the grace of more than one frequency (a dirty trick), while audio, although comprising of say 100 frequencies we can hear, is still way too low in frequency itself to allow "re-positioning" by means of phase angle (and ITD vs ILD and whatever we humans work with). Very roughly, if 20KHz is 100 times lower in frequency than 2GHz, the theoretical accuracy of the "system" is 100 times less than the sub 1mm accuracy. Make that 1mm and the accuracy for audio would be 10cm which is insufficient for "pinpointing" and (re)building an image in mid air.

Can't follow ? or not agree ? then better stop reading. tongue2

If I mention a 100 frequencies (like they could spring from a few instruments, each expressing multiple frequencies like the easy example of a guitar or a violin which will have more sources of the sound of one string stroke) ... then these frequencies are certainly not all close to 20KHz. In other words, be they 1000Hz, then the accuracy again theoretically decreased by a factor of 20. 10cm now have become 2 meters and obviously nothing works. However ...

What is 100% totally clear to me is that for audible frequency, again be that the guitar or the violin, but also the drum of any kind and name it except for a recorder (flute with sine tones), the extension of those harmonics (which theoretically are infinite if they only don't die out and could be captured in the first place (microphone range etc.) ... is now infinite for the audible range.
scratching
Yes. And if not today, then hopefully tomorrow.

What I mean can be heard in anything. Examples :
- Bells are in so many recordings (just think a general percussion arrangement), and they were not there a week ago.
- The scattering sounds which emerge in the lower frequencies, are in close to 100 "ambient" tracks. It just wasn't there before.
- Synthesizer glides (sweeps), denoted by similar squared sound, are in everything of that age (think two boys with their synthesizer). Did I say everything ? - it just was not there before.
- Clarity is infinite to begin with. So a human voice too extends to way more than you thought. It makes it more real. This is spooky, but was not there.
- The roar of low frequency is in about everything. But here too, this is about higher frequency showing it. Mind you, such an oscillating sound (generated by an LFO) is always about more than one frequency (oscillating against each other).

Of course we know that each frequency we hear, also (close to) pure squares, is about sines (sinuses). Te more square, the more (infinite number of) sines are required to represent the sound.

What I sense happening is that all filtering that could attenuate the higher frequencies, has been banned. Or at least to a degree thought impossible. And that this is way beyond our current thinking, can quite easily be proven by selecting a "more rolling off" filter in all kinds of software (including XXHighEnd). Can we hear that ? a bit. Can we hear what I am talking about today ? with ears completely closed you still can.

The difficulty for me to bring this across, is and remains about it NOT being the fundamental (!) high frequencies you suddenly hear. So no cymbal suddenly starts to hiss; no S'es are presented white and painful; no flute show a higher pitch (better : frequency) or anything. No. It is the square-sound possibility which is exploited. I have heard so much of it now, that I am sure it is that. But what does it really mean, if at the same time no cymbal starts to hiss ?

-> That all what is present for higher frequency in the data and which is laying (or layered) right on top of the lower frequencies which may be square and usually always are square to some degree, - unless a pipe organ or something -, can now be dug out of that.

It is not the higher frequency which now is louder (and thus the cymbal does not start to hiss), but it is the possibility to dig out the higher frequency of the lower frequency, which is thought to be the current eating one (while I for a very long time state that the higher frequencies eat more current than the low). Anyway, both the lower and the higher play together (in real life) and the higher are required to make the sound square as it originally was, and possibly we must look at this as if the one does not eat the current for the other any more. Both now can play nicely along and it is caused by a cable. OK, shield configuration.
It hardly can be about a filter as such, because that would be audible in native higher frequency sounds (like from a cymbal). All right, they changed too (see yesterday's post) but the emphasis to square is a 100 times more apparent.

Without measuring anything, what about the thought that the shielding setup is not allowing to let escape higher frequencies which kind of "ride" on the lower frequencies. I am sure I am talking real BS now, but I seek an explanation. Lower frequencies may "push out" the higher frequencies because of a lack of space. What space ? don't ask me. But I see those higher frequencies kept in now. Kept by a shield.
Btw let's not forget that this is about analogue signal. This, while it is combined with the digital signal of the Lush^2 with very similar manipulation and of which we know for dead-sure that it changes the sound too. And vastly. But not much explainable (or at least not so easy).

Still there ? Good. What I was heading for throughout this post, was the sheer fact of the way more present higher frequency in actually each fundamental sound, which not only extends to one audible native so-called fundamental because a synthesizer sound (etc. etc.) never is that - only sines have that ... meaning that the one sound already comprises of several mixed fundamentals, those each (!) having their own set of harmonics and THAT again is each comprised of sines ... and that this all leads to hundreds of frequencies from one sound only, them extending to way up out of the audible range. Like the 16.21KHz harmonic we can still perceive but the 32.42 one not any more. And now thus 100s of these for one sound. Make that one instrument if you like.

What I tried to reason is that my "100 frequencies all together" with which this post started out, now suddenly are 100s of them per sound. And careful, because a 10 finger play on a piano is 10 of those sounds. So we easily end up in the 1000(s) now.

... And what I see - or very much like to see from there, is that there *is* sufficient frequency to make sounds locatable in 3D from two speakers. I can just see it coming. That Angie hi-hat spooky example as the first.
And am I changing ^2 configurations at this moment ? no way. Nature is doing its job first (burn-in). So how knows ...

Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Beauchamp Michel
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 12:53:27 am »

Hi Peter,

I received my Blaxius^2 yesterday in the evening. I immediately installed them for a first audition even if I know that it must be burnt in for some time before a first serious audition. Well, after having read the description you wrote about that cable I had some expectations.

And...I must say that what I heard yesterday night during the 3 hours spent going through well known music is that I absolutely agree you. I was not prepared to hear so much new sounds from well known recordings. What is most striking to me is that the highs are so much more present in so many instruments. These highs are in no way annoying, it's rather the opposite. I've been looking for these kind of highs for so long, now I believe that I found it. Music notes are truer to the original instrument. There is now a new richness to the tones. The attacks are better delineated and the overall sound has more body.

The soundscape takes another dimension with the highs that are now liberated. It's more 3D like you mentioned, and this contributes to create a better immersive ambiance.

After these short 3 hours of listening I can say that the Blaxius^2 may be the single change that had the most beneficial effect in my audio chain.

And the cables were cold from the box! It will be interesting to hear the evolution as they burn in.

Thanks for this other superb product.

Michael

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 15/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 20 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Persist Yes / WallPaper Off / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (8x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On / USB3 port #4 -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> AVM SA8 -> LEEDH E2 Speakers + Blaxius -> LEEDH SUB 20.1
AC Power: 3 x Dedicated lines for: Amp., PC + DAC and Sub / 3 x Topaz Ultra Isolation transformers 1.8kva in Balanced mode (0.0005pf);
Music Server: Mac mini 2011,; Music files on USB Stick; Mac connected to house Router/Hub with copper cable;
Router/Hub: Ethernet cable to TP-Link MC200CM Fiber Media Converter to Stealth III PC
Other: AC line filtering with Perfect Path Technologies The GATE, EMat+, ECards, Stop Its; MAD Scientist Black Discus NANO.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 07:35:54 am »

Hi Michael,

What a nice surprise this early morning !

Thank you very much for being the first to really use it (as far as I can tell - others are travelling) ... and report about it.

What is also nice for me to see is that it works out as well with a quite different system. It should because of what it protects from (like the Lush^2) but the analogue application is a quite different beast and the behavior could be different (still many configurations to try out when it would not have worked out and notice that you received the same as I use myself - this does not count for the others already delivered).

Thank you Michael !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 09:27:33 am »

Something else ...

What you see here is the "definitive" version of the Blaxius^2 in Digital fashion. Let's say it is named Blaxius^2-Digital.
The difference with the Blaxius^2 for anlogue is the missing White wire. The annotation as you see it in the picture (the B end assumed the same) would be :

A:[W]B-R, B:[W]B-R

The [W] means that it is internally there all right and can not be avoided. It also means that - unlike the normal Blaxius^2 - it would be allowed to not connect any of the "connectable" wires. This is because the ground return path goes over the fixed (White) shield. It would look like :

A:[W], B:[W]

So, true, the "White"/innermost shield is there by standard for the digital version of the Blaxius^2. This appeared to be necessary for utmost critical applications, like Chord's Hugo M Scaler. Envision two BNC outputs for a dual wire setup to achieve max 768KHz output (each BNC cable being 384 capable), those outputs so close to each other that there's only 1mm space in between the two cables. And now they interfere with each other with the notice that for normal Blaxius^2 there is no configuration possible with 100% shield coverage for the signal wire in the cable. Thus also not when the inner shield (W) is the one in use.

The above mentioned is normally not a problem, but the M Scaler which seems suspect to RFI to begin with (not my own judgment but derived from hot discussions about it elsewhere), now pushes its higher frequency signal (50Mbit/s per cable) through two very close to each other connections, them causing interference with each other. And now the tiniest bit of "irregularity" may cause trouble.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Beauchamp Michel
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

Hi Peter,

...you received the same (configuration) as I use myself

I'd like to clarify the the configuration of the Blaxius^2. The pair I received was configured A:B-W, B:B-W. Based on your last posts and your signature I immediately reconfigured them to A:B-R, B:B-R. The latter is the only configuration I used so far. The cables have been shipped on November 2nd.

The Lush^2 config. is A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R.

Thanks,

Michael

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 16/32 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 10/20 cores) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 15/-/1/1/1/ Q1Factor = 20 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 15ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.69  (max 0.69) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Persist Yes / WallPaper Off / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = 35 / Nervous Rate = 10 / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / *Arc Prediction Filtering (8x)* / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On / USB3 port #4 -> Lush^2*A:B-W-Y-R, B:B-W-R* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> *Blaxius^2 A:B-R, B:B-R* Interlink -> AVM SA8 -> LEEDH E2 Speakers + Blaxius -> LEEDH SUB 20.1
AC Power: 3 x Dedicated lines for: Amp., PC + DAC and Sub / 3 x Topaz Ultra Isolation transformers 1.8kva in Balanced mode (0.0005pf);
Music Server: Mac mini 2011,; Music files on USB Stick; Mac connected to house Router/Hub with copper cable;
Router/Hub: Ethernet cable to TP-Link MC200CM Fiber Media Converter to Stealth III PC
Other: AC line filtering with Perfect Path Technologies The GATE, EMat+, ECards, Stop Its; MAD Scientist Black Discus NANO.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 04:34:20 pm »

you received the same as I use myself

Oops, Michael, you are right. I have been confusing myself with the arrival dates. A pair sent after you arrived earlier, and that one received the A:B-R, B:B-R.

Sorry for the confusion !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Beauchamp Michel
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 04:43:57 pm »

Hi Peter,

So if I understand correctly, the configuration you are currently using is A:B-W, B:B-W. Right? However your signature shows A:B-R, B:B-R.

Michael

briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:54 pm »

Michael,

On Nov 5, Peter mentioned that he was still using (since Oct 29) a B^2 configuration of A: B-R B: B-R.  I believe this is the configuration he is using.

Ramesh

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 08:51:52 am »

Ramesh, correct.

A: B-R B: B-R

Regards,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
briefremarks
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 07:07:14 am »

I received the Blaxius^2 about 10 days ago.  Had a brief listen before heading out on a trip.  Returned, and have now been listening for a couple of days.

At first my feeling was "this is amazing, but I think I had this sound with Blaxius^1 as well."  So earlier today, as a test, I switched back to Blaxius^1.  I was utterly shocked at how much "flatter" the sound was. THERE IS NO GOING BACK!  Just like with the upgrade to Mach III.

I have to listen some more and write a more detailed report.  I really do not even know where to begin.  The overall impression is more "3D" and further immersion in the music.  I need to sort this out some more.  Still absorbing the sound.

Ramesh

Audio PC: Stealth III PC; RAM-OS W10 14393.0. 
XXHE version 2.11.
Music Server: XXHE PC, RDC to Audio PC, ET^3 cable
XXHE settings: Q1/xQ1 14/x4, Q3/4/5 0/0/1, SFS 10.13 (Max 120), Clock Res 10ms, Core Scheme:3-5, Driver Buffer 16ms, Balanced Load 35, Nervous Rate 10.
Audio PC -> Lush^3 USB (A: WYRG; B: WG-> NOS1(a,75B, G3) -> Blaxius^2.5 (A:BG, B: BG) -> Orelo Mk II active speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:15 am »

Ha !, nice !!

In parallel I was posting this : 2.10 sound quality - SFS 10.19. This with the notice that you are fully on-par (read the text in there).
I hope you will find some useful tips in that post.

And yes, not knowing where to begin is quite similar to not knowing where you are (this could be a bit of Dutch). Anyway, welcome in my universe ?

Happy

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
fmanheck
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 03:12:59 pm »

OMG the transformation is absolutely instantaneous from the very first note. If I did not know Peter there is no way I could imagine break-in making it better. I will play with settings but not for a while.

Blaxius ^2 Happy new year ! love this sounds good ! Nice  This is for real

MACH lll PC 14/28 / RAM OS 10493/ 2.10 Phasure NOS1a G3 24/768 USB DAC KS mode -Adaptive/Device buffer -4096/DAC is 32bits 768khz/DAC needs -32bits/Phase Alignment - NO/Format Change - enable/ Decode HDCD ON/Processor Core Appointment 3-5/Player Prio LOW/Thread Prio Real Time/Clock Res 15ms/Xtweaks 64,1,1,0,1/ SFS 5.19 MAX 120/Include garbage collect ON/Copy to XXdrive by standard ON/Stop Desktop ON/Stop Remaining ON/Stop Wasapi ON/Keep LAN ON/Use remote desktop ON/Persist ON/OSD ON/Coverart show Wallpaper, show back, at attended, show mirror back/ Q1,3,4,5,xQ1-30,1,1,0,1/40/ Amp: Music Reference RM200 HC version / Speakers Omega HO Alnico Monitors with Audio Smile Super Tweeters  Bass augmented by 2 GR Research OB subwoofers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »

Haha.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
music33
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 02:13:02 pm »

Fred, Are you using RCA adapters with the Blaxius?  If so, how much better would the Blaxius be without...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: