XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 25, 2024, 01:47:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No Track Given Error  (Read 38383 times)
KUOYAO
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 08:07:59 am »

Peter,

Following probable caused numerated in your post and attached a zip file with log.

1. My computer is configured never to sleep.  Also tried OS disk.  Same problem.

2. I'm using a direct SATAII disk (400 GB) and have not ticked copy to XX-drive by standard. 

3. CPU: Intel Dual Core 1.8 GHz 4GB Ram
   - Using 32 bits for DA, also tried 16 bits
   - Tried "Split File at size" to the minimum of 12MB, 100MB, 800MB same problem
   - This PC is ONLY for listening to music.  I have not even installed MS Office.

4. Don't understand about "DAC runs too fast."  I'm feeding the signal to an RME AES32 card
   which then outputs digital via professional AES to a Lavry DA.  I did timed the problem events.
   - Approximately 25 seconds after slider ends and starts from beginning the "No Track Given Error" msg pops up
   - Approximately 60 seconds after "No Track Given Error" msg pops up, msg disappears by itself and second track starts playing

THE PROBLEM DISAPPEARED when I used wav files. 

Regarding computer crash...it happened when I tried to "advance" the slider to the very end of the song while duplicating the "No Track Error" problem.  Don't know if it's related.  Don't have another Vista machine to experiment.

Pls let me know if you need an email of the log.

* Log.zip (2.3 KB - downloaded 460 times.)

Asus P67 (Intel i5) -> W7 64x -> XXhighend -> RME AES32 -> Lavry DAC -> Pre-amp
KUOYAO
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 10:38:19 am »

Peter,

Error just occurred with a wav file!  Strange.

Kuo-Yao

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 10:56:24 am »

Yeah, and in the mean time I am pulling my hair out here.

With "the DAC running too fast" I meant that it consumes more that 44100 samples per second. Thus, a file indiciated as taking 4:00 minutes, is finished at 3:51 etc.

Could you please measure this ?

Note that the times as indicated in the playlist are not 1:1 derived from the track data, but -depending on your ripping means- from tag data in the file which could be just wrong. In that case the DAC doesn't need to be too fast, but the same problem results.

Looking at the log files I can't think of anything else, than things being wrong in the timing area. I must say though that

Approximately 25 seconds after slider ends and starts from beginning the "No Track Given Error" msg pops up

this really makes me wonder. This can only happen when the "Split file at size" is set low, so to avoid confusion with this one, now please set it real high again (like 2500). Again, only for testing.

So, start a track, and press the stopwatch when you hear sound (better have some popular music that starts at once loudly). Stop the stopwatch when no sound is there anymore. Note that usually this is 2 seconds before the selection bar turns on at the next track. This is the usual gap in between songs. So, do not stop the stopwatch when the selection bar reappears ... you are two seconds late then. Just when the music stops.

scratchingscratching

PS: The dragging of the timer pointer is totally unrelated; dragging it towards the end indeed may cause anomalies. It should of course not crash the computer, so I will look into that (never did it, while knowing things go wrong there).

Edit : Actually I don't think you will find anything wrong with this. I already saw that things are not dealt with 100% right, or IOW all was explicitly made for Unattended (I just didn't think of Attended to much at creating the new method in 0.9w), but in the mean time I don't see how things go wrong.
Additionally, I recall my own not being able to copy it anymore, while before each track would go wrong (which I blamed the compiler for).
But please let me know the stopwatch results anyway, so it can be excluded as the cause !

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
KUOYAO
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 12:14:01 pm »

Peter,

I changed "split file at size" to 2500.  No help there.  I tried timing my song, and some songs appear to finish on time while others seem to finish ahead.  But I thing some of my songs have silence recorded at the beginning and end.  Accounting for the silence in track, I think the timing here is okay.

What is interesting is that when I play only one song, the slider completes its course until the very end.  But if I queue more than one song, the slider DOES NOT reach the end, but resets about a centimeter before reaching the end.

Note that is problem only starting appearing after W5 and there has been no hardware change in the meantime.

Kuo-Yao

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 12:23:57 pm »

Kuo-Yao,

It is correct that the timer stops a bit before the end when another track is coming up.

I found *the* problem though, and right now I am working on a decent solution. Should be in this topic within an hour.

Thanks for your effors,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 01:16:54 pm »

Should be in this topic within an hour.

Forget this. sorry
I found some other related problem which most probably is the real cause. Now I must find in the code where this happens. Won't be today, and for sure not "your today". Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:31 pm »

Kuo-Yao,

Can you try the XXHighEnd-09-w8a zip in here : w-8 Sound problem. THat's only XXHighEnd.exe to install over your current folder.

I am 100% sure there still is a problem in there, but it might not be what you encounter.

Please let me know.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
KUOYAO
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 04:07:56 pm »

Peter,

Tried it, problem persists.  BTW, I'll be traveling for the next few days, so my apologies if I don't respond to this thread during this period.

Thanks,

Kuo-Yao

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 08:55:20 am »

The other day I have been working on this problem a full day, until I got dizzy from it. I could copy it my means of starting a 2 minute track followed by a 4 minute track follow by a 5 minute track, and right after the start of the 5 minute track it goes wrong. I must have run this sequence a 100 times that day. Then I was working for over an hour or so to setup things differently, and *still* the damn thing went wrong. I must be looking in a complete wrong direction. Then :

I added som additional log data to the program, and after that I spent another full hour on trying to let the thing go wrong as before, which it wouldn't anymore. This is very odd.

That additional log data is in 0.9w-8a. Would you, or anyone else having this problem, switch on Log Activities, and send me (or post here as attachment) the log files concerned ? That would be one XX file and generally two X3 files. Please watch the session times. Remember, this can only additionally help me with 0.9w-8a. You can find it here once again : w-8 Sound problem.

Thanks, and sorry for this stupid bug.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
KUOYAO
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 11:36:55 am »

Hi Peter,

I've attached the log result of two songs I playing.  When the first song finished, the error msg would pop up and after a long period (more than one minue), XX will continue to play second sound.

Also, something is happening with W-8a with new engine.  When I play "unattended," I immediately get this error msg:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: rowIndex."

Kuo-Yao

* Log.zip (2.09 KB - downloaded 428 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 12:02:27 pm »

[posted in both the topics "No Track Given Error" and "w-8 problem"]

Ok, there was more than one problem, and one of them was masking the other.
What tricked me, was that this one problem was about an error occurring at opening a file because it is in use, while the program (with official error trapping in it) did not report that error. So, something just died without notice. A stupid C++ bug in the end.

I will post an upgrade later today.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: