XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 09:06:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mp3(wav) player wanted  (Read 8869 times)
andy74
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:31:18 pm »

Hi All,

Not sure if it is alright to ask this here.
But my mp3 player (wav player) was stolen unhappy. And would like to ask your opinions about the best/cheapest portable wav player.
I had toshiba gigabeat U 2 GB previously. Thinking about smth better.

Thanks
Andrey

1. USB FreeAgent 500Gb -> P4 2.8 2gb RAM Vista Ult  -> XXHE Q1=14 prio both = Normal -> esi juli@ (SPDIF is default device->analog mon in ESI panel->analog outs) -> nad 320BEE->Boston Acoustics cr150
3. IBM thinkpad r52->VIsta Ult XXHE, Unattended playerprio=Nothing threadPrio=Normal -> very cheap usb audio adapter -> shure attenuator -> headphones shure 210 Happy
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:57:15 am »

Hi All,

Not sure if it is alright to ask this here.
But my mp3 player (wav player) was stolen unhappy. And would like to ask your opinions about the best/cheapest portable wav player.
I had toshiba gigabeat U 2 GB previously. Thinking about smth better.

Thanks
Andrey

G'day Andrey,

I have NO hesitation is recommending a Cowon D2   Happy

I've had mine for about 6 months now and its most impressive, and, most importantly, the sound quality is right at the top with the best of them, if not the top.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byd_zguHLEg&feature=related

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
andy74
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:22:06 am »

Thanks Russ,

The player is on its way. Cowon D2.

Next question:)

What ear plugs/buds do you think are best?
I myself was quite content with shure 210.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Andrey

1. USB FreeAgent 500Gb -> P4 2.8 2gb RAM Vista Ult  -> XXHE Q1=14 prio both = Normal -> esi juli@ (SPDIF is default device->analog mon in ESI panel->analog outs) -> nad 320BEE->Boston Acoustics cr150
3. IBM thinkpad r52->VIsta Ult XXHE, Unattended playerprio=Nothing threadPrio=Normal -> very cheap usb audio adapter -> shure attenuator -> headphones shure 210 Happy
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 02:13:41 am »

What ear plugs/buds do you think are best?
I myself was quite content with shure 210.

You're gonna luv the D2 when it arrives smile

I took an eternity deciding what type of earbud to replace my old Sony's with, and ended up getting the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro from www.earphonesolutions.com

I'm very happy with the choice and earphone solutions were great to deal with.

Being an inner ear system it took a few days to get used to them ( as with any inner ear model ) but now I can wear them for hours at a time and not notice them there. There is fantastic isolation of outside noises with them in use, which can be of benefit when riding on noisy trains or buses or planes and the likes. One downfall though with these inner ear systems is that when walking/jogging/running the sounds of the footsteps is more readily felt/heard in the ear.

I believe your Shure SE210's are very comfortable to use also, and I would suggest you wait until the D2 arrives to try with it first before considering a change to the earbuds ( if at all ). The EQ system in the D2 is very versatile and should be able to accommodate any corrections you may feel necessary for the 210's.

Have fun with your new toy and be sure to spend lots of time on the D2 forum I mentioned in the post above.

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
andy74
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 04:16:56 am »

Hi Russ,

I've been listening to d2 for a day already. and must say it sounds really great!!!
I really like it.

Thanks
Andrey

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: