XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 05:44:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mp3 and Flac error's (U16)  (Read 6736 times)
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:36:27 pm »

Peter,

I am sorry i can't tell you from wich version of these problems come up.  dntknw Since the U version i saved all the models. And i will keep on doing that from now of.  blush1

I have these errors only with Flac an Mp3 cd's... with every song a pic like the one i put in come's up. And the number is not loaded in the playlist.  no

I like to say that it is not with every cd. But it happends regularly.

WMP does play the cd.

* xx16.png (28.5 KB, 487x337 - viewed 556 times.)

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »

Hey Gerard,

Can you please tell by what means you (try to) get the tracks into the Playlist Area ?

1. Drag from Explorer (or drag from something else) ?
2. Click (hence select) one album in the Library Area and press Load ?
3. Select several albums in the Library Area and press Load ?
4. Select one or several (selected) tracks in the Library Area and press Load ?
5. Rightclick on selected items in the Library Area and choose Load Tracks ?
6. By means of the Open button ?
7. By means of loading a saved Playlist ?
8. Other ? (with description please)

Also
- How many tracks approximately should be loaded by the one action you perform ?
- How many tracks approximately are in the Playlist Area already before you start the action of loading ?
- I assume there isn't some kind of Cue info in the folder where the tracks reside ?
- Assuming you can copy this behaviour, what is the exact (please copy paste from Explorer) track name of the first track where the errors start ?

Sorry for all the questions, but without the answers I don't have a clue. Never saw it, never heard of it, and I can't imagine it is data (content of the track) dependent.

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Gerard
Audio Addict

WWG1WGA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:32:44 pm »

1. Drag from Explorer (or drag from something else) ?
This give's the error.

2. Click (hence select) one album in the Library Area and press Load ?
This also give's the same error's

3. Select several albums in the Library Area and press Load ?
This also give's the error. But the cd that is ok does load into playlist

4. Select one or several (selected) tracks in the Library Area and press Load ?
Also give's the same error

5. Rightclick on selected items in the Library Area and choose Load Tracks ?
Also give the same error

6. By means of the Open button ?
Also give's the same error

7. By means of loading a saved Playlist ?
It will not save because it does not load into playlist.

8. Other ? (with description please)
Double click on album art does the same.

- How many tracks approximately should be loaded by the one action you perform ?

That depends what kind of cd. A cd with 14 tracks give's 14 errors.

- How many tracks approximately are in the Playlist Area already before you start the action of loading ?
There are no tracks in the playlist. And i tried it with some tracks in the playlist. But the same reaction.

- I assume there isn't some kind of Cue info in the folder where the tracks reside ?
No there is nothing in the ablum beside the tracks.

- Assuming you can copy this behaviour, what is the exact (please copy paste from Explorer) track name of the first track where the errors start ?
Below are the explorer pic's. It alway's begins with the first track

Sorry for all the questions, but without the answers I don't have a clue. Never saw it, never heard of it, and I can't imagine it is data (content of the track) dependent.

I am sorry i do not have any more information. The error's are there for a while. And there are some more. but when you are busy with whole other things i did not want to bother you with these kind of things. (U series)

Now thinking that is not a good thing to do because now whe do not now from wich version of these errors apeart.

But i will try to mail you one of the tracks.

Gerard  wacko

* mp3.png (203.9 KB, 665x499 - viewed 554 times.)

* Flac.png (123.58 KB, 665x499 - viewed 533 times.)

Januari 2017 XX 2.05
OriginAE x11v Home build HTCP ~ Asus x79 mobo 3930K 12 core underclock 500 MHz,
16GB, *Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0* *from RAM*, music on music server / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *0.10*  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core *3-5* / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive *none* (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Not the best (OS from RAM issue) / Time Stability = Off (OS from RAM issue) / Custom Filter Mid 705600 / -> USB3 (Silverstone both sides isolated = Sw#3 of NOS1a = Up) -> *Clairixa USB 15cm* -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 0.70m -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink ->> Metrum Amps ->> Metrum Acoustics ESL Open Baffle.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:58 pm »

Gerard, thanks for sending me the track.
Well, it quite unbelieveable (to me Happy) but here too it errors. I renamed the track and all to no avail.

Anyway, what can be copied, can be solved. So I will.
scratching
Party

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 04:55:50 pm »

Gerard,

The problem has nothing to do with playing the tracks, but only with retrieving the running time information from it (which I need for the gapless stuff and all). With the MP3 you sent me that goes wrong because most of the header "tags" are stuffed with "@4UOnly" texts. The time data *can* be retrieved (because e.g. EasyTag can do it), but I can't find tools to do it for me (and EasyTag is not such a tool). Solution : let (e.g.) EasyTag re-save the Tag Data, and all is right (I tried that). But :

As another solution, I applied the old method of retrieving the running time, and the only thing wrongish with that, is that it takes relatively long. Thus, when the time data cannot be retrieved the normal way, I apply the old method.

About the FLAC's ...
Coincidentally I found some myself which gave the same error. For FLAC I applied a new method, but (like with the old MP3 method) that does not give fractions for the seconds (thus, like 3:12.00). The new method (just a fast one) again is applied only when the other method doesn't work.
I can not guarantee whether that works in your case, or you must send me a FLAC too.

Otherwise the applied solutions will be in the next upcoming XX version.

Peter

PS for everyone :
These kind of things really consume a lot of time to analyse and solve;
That this takes a relative lot from my time is not a problem, but my feeling tells me that I'd better spend it to other XX features. In other words :
For future similar problems please consider something like EasyTag to "repair" things (I searched for a tool to do that by means of the program itself, but was not able to find one).
Also note that (Id3V1 and Id3V2) tags can easily be destroyed by (mass) tagging programs. Better look twice before applying one !
Lastly, if you dig into the tagging stuff, you'd notice that no real standards exist, and you can hardly blame yourself for making the mess. As said, playing such a file is not the problem, but taking the proper data (like running time) from it is, and I need that data !
All 'n all, when -in some occasion- you have problems with loading the file in the Playlist Area, please try to repair the tags with something like EasyTag. The (e.g.) fact that this does not help, will be valuable information for me.
Thanks.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: