XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 08:11:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scheming  (Read 5978 times)
SeVeReD
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:38:19 am »

I must be feeling rather adventurous after this long period of just wanting to listen after building my latest rig.  I first just went with what Peter had for core appt. scheme (3) and then what Andy was using (1) ... but, after seeing LydMekk liking nothing I decided I'd start trying all the different schemes.  I've started trying different processor appointment schemes with each album I play.  I hope to come back with some info later... but, I thought I'd throw this out; instead of thinking one scheme does it right for your particular computer/music system... start seeing if you can find a pattern of likes/dislikes of schemes matched to particular recordings.  Tonight, I tried 4 different schemes with a recording I know well (radiohead - inrainbows) and for the first time tried scheme 4 and found it fit best for that recording.  Like I said, just starting this and maybe I'll like scheme 4 for everything, but prolly not is what I'm thinking... most likely choosing a scheme based on music/how it was recorded and/or preference of how I want it presented that evening...I don't have much to say yet, but
scheme 1 - seems to move soundstage forward and create a solid image
scheme 3 - seems more laid back
anyway, instead of finding the perfect scheme for your system, see if you can find the perfect scheme for your mood and the recording.
thought I'd throw that out there.

0.9z-8-3a WAV/CUE files on HDDs via MB FW400>; Win7 pro ttp://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=352.msg4021#msg4021); [XXHighEnd player  Qs 7, 0, 0, 0, 0; eng 4; adaptive; scheme#3; player priority low; thread priority realtime; clock res 5ms: SFS 420 Wink dac is 24/192 w/32bits; Play Unattended; Stop Services ticked; Wallpaper & Show Back ticked - Mirror Image unticked; Start Engine unticked;garbage collect ticked; copy files to XX-drive; *quad arc prediction upsampling*: straight contiguous:>PCI FW800 card>Fireface 800 DAC [latency 2048 samples for 176.4]; usb/ethernet/mb audio shut off @ MB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: