XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
March 28, 2024, 07:31:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CD or DVD(sound) playback by XXhighend and recording with XXHE.  (Read 7447 times)
ed linssen
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:53 pm »

:(Hi Peter,

I am blushing a litlle putting this question. (playing CD's with XXHE hahaha!)
But here is my story. Today I finished putting a second, very compact (Noah case), dedicated, what is dedicated, pc together. Firstly as a means of live-recording and secondly for use as musicplayer machine upstairs.
Build on cheap intel board, Atom230 1.6gig, W7 64bits Ultimate. Two gig ram.
The thing flies like an angle. Not fast, but i can live with it, for now.
Since there was space for a cd-player inside the cabinet, I completed it with a laptopkind cd/recorder/dvd player.
So I can rip-on-the-spot, make a copy of tracks, and playback in one stroke.
As sounddivice I use the new ASUS XONAR ESSENCE ST Pci intern card. It does it about all, including high resolution recording (up to 192\24) in a very respectable HQ. You where talking the other day about recording with XXHE, so here I am. Maybe I have to start another thread for this?
But yes, I am interessed knowing more about that.
My initial question however refers to playing back CD's.
Is there a way doing this by using XXHE? When I try to do so I get the message that the music has to be in a folder. That I can understand but I didn't manage to get it going. So I am stuck to the Windows Mediaplayer, what I really don't fancy.
I will not use it a lot but IF there is a way, I hope you can give me a helping hand.
And thanks again for the beautyful player!!

Ed

Dedicated music-PC: Asus P8Z77-M, Intel i7-3770K- W7 SP1-64bits and XXHighEnd 0.9-Z8-2 both on WD caviar black spinning disk(sata), music on WD caviar-black(sata),WaveIO Usb/I2S--  DDD1794 N O S DAC, 2 decks.192/24(Diy). IanCanada's FiFo in front of the Dac. (Buff3 dac,) Stereo.  Amp: DIY-transistor fully class A, about 20watts/channel. Speakers: rebuilt ESL Quad 63. 12345: 70000, Q1, Engine4,playerprio:LOW,threadprio:real time.Scheme3, Dac=24/192, at 16bits=24bits, pe,ss,st.serv,st.Eng.4,tt,arc pred 2x(4x). Adaptive Mode/straight cont. Buff 4096, Phase -, Clock 15ms, Balanced 43, Nerv. rate 100, Cool 1, Stable 0, Core 1, Optimal, SFS 1-160, Incl. garbage coll.,Start Playback during conversion, Stop all services.Minimised O.S.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:23:39 pm »

Hi Ed,

0.9y was ever meant for both recording and playing CDs directly. I got stuck with both though, because from one came the other, and before I knew I was over my head in derivals from it. So :

- Recording just works, if I only activate it *and* provide some neat means to save the tracks, appoint names to them and the like. All is in there, but meant for analysis, which comes down to using more technical track names, them always being saved in the same folder.

- Playback of CDs does not work yet. As you may recall I wanted both that and ripping to be the same internal function, so I started with ripping. Spent quite some days on that and a program with the outlines is there, though not tested for a single bit-rip. Still plan that for 0.9y somewhere though.

Not much you can do with right now ...

Btw, nice that Atom !

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
ed linssen
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:30:56 am »

Hi Ed,

0.9y was ever meant for both recording and playing CDs directly. I got stuck with both though, because from one came the other, and before I knew I was over my head in derivals from it. So :

- Recording just works, if I only activate it *and* provide some neat means to save the tracks, appoint names to them and the like. All is in there, but meant for analysis, which comes down to using more technical track names, them always being saved in the same folder.

- Playback of CDs does not work yet. As you may recall I wanted both that and ripping to be the same internal function, so I started with ripping. Spent quite some days on that and a program with the outlines is there, though not tested for a single bit-rip. Still plan that for 0.9y somewhere though.

Not much you can do with right now ...

Btw, nice that Atom !

Peter

Thanks Peter, I can wait.!
On the other hand, with recording, I meant making live-recordings " in the field" using XXHE. But I think it will, after passing the ADC, go the same route as recording a CD. Correct me if I am wrong. The analog mixer signal will be converted in the souncard.
But ok, I'll have to wait a bit.

Ed

Dedicated music-PC: Asus P8Z77-M, Intel i7-3770K- W7 SP1-64bits and XXHighEnd 0.9-Z8-2 both on WD caviar black spinning disk(sata), music on WD caviar-black(sata),WaveIO Usb/I2S--  DDD1794 N O S DAC, 2 decks.192/24(Diy). IanCanada's FiFo in front of the Dac. (Buff3 dac,) Stereo.  Amp: DIY-transistor fully class A, about 20watts/channel. Speakers: rebuilt ESL Quad 63. 12345: 70000, Q1, Engine4,playerprio:LOW,threadprio:real time.Scheme3, Dac=24/192, at 16bits=24bits, pe,ss,st.serv,st.Eng.4,tt,arc pred 2x(4x). Adaptive Mode/straight cont. Buff 4096, Phase -, Clock 15ms, Balanced 43, Nerv. rate 100, Cool 1, Stable 0, Core 1, Optimal, SFS 1-160, Incl. garbage coll.,Start Playback during conversion, Stop all services.Minimised O.S.
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 12:43:12 am »

Yes, normal "live recording". No, this is not the same as recording a CD (if I get what you mean by that). It is about what you see below (although you will have found that yourself I'm sure) with the main facility that XXHighEnd records herself, passing through the bits similarly as how I push them out as accurately as possibe. I guess this is no big deal for any recording software, but here too counts : when you record in 24/96 it should not get resampled underway the path from the ADC to the disk.

To be honest Ed, I wouldn't wait until this is fully operational in XXHighEnd. The waiting may get too long. Happy
Peter

* XXRecord01.png (11.61 KB, 331x301 - viewed 582 times.)

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
ed linssen
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:47 am »

Yes, normal "live recording". No, this is not the same as recording a CD (if I get what you mean by that). It is about what you see below (although you will have found that yourself I'm sure) with the main facility that XXHighEnd records herself, passing through the bits similarly as how I push them out as accurately as possibe. I guess this is no big deal for any recording software, but here too counts : when you record in 24/96 it should not get resampled underway the path from the ADC to the disk.

To be honest Ed, I wouldn't wait until this is fully operational in XXHighEnd. The waiting may get too long. Happy
Peter

Hi Peter,

Yeah, what happens in about al the recording-software I know and have worked with, while recording 24/96 it will be resampled to 32/96.
Maybe I can find a more simple way to put the stuff on the disk. I don't like the resampling, unless when burning a CD from it, I will have to downsample. But I prefer playing back my recordings untouched for my private use. And there is where XXHE comes in!
So, I'll wait for the cd-playback and recording thing and forget about the rest!
Thanks for your swift replies,

Ed love this

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:15:49 am »

Thank you for your explanation Ed. I understand now.
As said 0.9y was meant to be for ripping and playback CDs directly with the same "XX Sound Quality", and nothing changed to that. It is only that I have been captured by a kazillion other things under way, and that really should never happen again. heat
So, I assume all has been settled down a bit now (0.9y-2), and I will proceed with it.

Mainly ripping intrigues me, because I want to make it super fast and super safe. Nice challenge ...
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: