XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 06:24:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Version 0.9y-2 feedback  (Read 67171 times)
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 07:00:23 pm »

Hello Peter,
Question: playing attended (no wallpaper) and moving the cursor over the playlist, I forgot the name of the track that is currently playing. Is there a place where I can see the name (or path) of the track that is currently playing?
Cheers,
Eric

About your question ... maybe I don't understand ? ... it should be the first highlighted track (or the only one when not playing a selection from the Playlist). So, use the scroll "box" at the right, and scroll until you run into that highlighted track. Do not click any other track first, because then you'll undo the highlighting of the playing track.
?

Peter,
when I load loooong playlist, I sometimes like to 'preview' what is coming. So I click on another track down the list to see the coverart of this track to come. While I do this, the music keeps on playing (I feel like a real DJ!). That is very nice, but now this new track is highlighted (of course) and I lose the position of highlighted track that is still playing. I tried to find what is currently playing under the Info-tab in XXHE, but there is only technical date and no name in there. Do you get a feel of what I am asking for?
E

Hey Eric,

Sorry that I summarized some things, but I want to make clear what can and what cannot work.
So, right now I show the currently playing track at the bottom (can undo that in a second, and it only shows (me) what will be happening).

Allright, if you look below first pic, you see 02-Call the Doctor.wav playing (the .wav may go, and "Album" should be named differently). Now, whether I click another track or scroll to it with the arrow buttons, another track will get highlighted. In my case track 07. The track title at the bottom won't change from that. The time scale does though and I guess I can do something about that. However ...

The inherent mechanism (and that won't be changed) causes the highlighted track to be played next. A, say, DJ-like. Happy
So what I mean is that clicking this other track is nothing for returning to where you were (playing), and it is an awkward thing in the end. It will work though, if you only click on the playing track before it ends playing or otherwise the current highlighted track will (second pic below).

Allright ?
Or ... maybe I add a rightclick option "return to playing track" ? grazy I'm not sure though whether I can get that into focus again (that it shows in the visible area). These kind of things are not 100% decent for the means I use ...

Peter

* XXCurrentTrack01.png (213.2 KB, 637x514 - viewed 714 times.)

* XXCurrentTrack02.png (217.36 KB, 642x516 - viewed 734 times.)

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 07:08:44 pm »

I noticed that a folder with dot also causes problem to the cover gallery. I just removed the point (it was ALT. ROCK replaced with full word).

Please clarify ? cover gallery ?

BTW, Peter, the xxhe unexpected error with changing the volume still happens with y-2a to me. Tell me which logs do you need (the crash is a couple hours ago, though).

The relevant XX and X3 I guess. But please also try to explain what you do; if you try to change the volume three times within 1 second ... never mind, I know that one. Must create something for that ... yes

Thanks,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 07:47:10 pm »

Two things on the scrollwheel:
1) It would be possible to make it work just by putting the mouse on the volume slider w/o clicking it? (i just got an error again by clicking + one scroll up, very annoying -see the previous post). OR just when xxhe window is active.

Sorry, no. swoon Reason : the lot is not made for it anyway (see my before post too). Or at least ... not YET.
Please give this some time.

More things to improve usability:
3) Add to gallery working on the treeview (the explorer thing), instead of having to select dozens of albums which takes up to ONE MINUTE in my case. Scrolling in the library is VERY slow when exists highres covers. This is the reason why i tried to make a gallery today at last. And its working Happy

Hey hey ho ho, slow down please. I already don't understand the first part ! Don't understand the second part either "instead of heaving ...") and when scrolling in the library is very slow ... well, what do you want with 38MB pictures hehe. But if I can help somehow with that ... (apart from that you can save them as 500x500 already), please make clear what it is I could do. whistle

4) Next and "NT" are too small and the second one lacks the tooltip.

scratching

5) Repeat playlist, repeat track commands, ticks or whatever would be very useful. i often like to repeat one track 3-4 times. Also stop after current track (note: Foobar does this).

Stop after current track is a checkbox for (End after track). To be clicked whenever you want to stop (after the track finished playing). Btw very useful if you want to play one trick Unattendedly.

Ticks or whatever ??

I guess repeating a track can be done with A-B selection. NOTE though that I estimate that currently it doesn't work anymore. Messed too much in that area lately. Will check it. Do that 3 times only ... mwah ...

Repeat Playlist ? ... can theoretically be done for Attended. Not for Unattended.

6) not sure if reordering the tracks in the playlist is fixed now.

??

Telstar, allow me. I sense that you won't be satisfied much with my answers. But I meant what I said and I really don't get some things.
So if you have some spare time ... please try to explain better. Happy

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:45 pm »

I noticed that a folder with dot also causes problem to the cover gallery. I just removed the point (it was ALT. ROCK replaced with full word).

Please clarify ? cover gallery ?

The album list with cover art does not show for folders named with a dot in it. I didnt pay much attention until I read this thread. Then I removed the dot and it worked. Happy

BTW, Peter, the xxhe unexpected error with changing the volume still happens with y-2a to me. Tell me which logs do you need (the crash is a couple hours ago, though).

The relevant XX and X3 I guess. But please also try to explain what you do; if you try to change the volume three times within 1 second ... never mind, I know that one. Must create something for that ... yes

No, but i take some time (up to 2s i think) to choose the desired level, because the slider is very small and the text even smaller.
Until I release the mouse button, it shouldnt change the volume, that way this known issue shouldnt happen. Am i correct?

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2009, 09:07:39 pm »

The album list with cover art does not show for folders named with a dot in it. I didnt pay much attention until I read this thread. Then I removed the dot and it worked. Happy

Yes, but what is the difference with was already known (and what I just solved here) !!?
I myself coudn't find anything else besides "from the Embedded Explorer" (which I didn't know at first).

No, but i take some time (up to 2s i think) to choose the desired level, because the slider is very small and the text even smaller.
Until I release the mouse button, it shouldnt change the volume, that way this known issue shouldnt happen. Am i correct?

If it is for me ... yes, correct ! Happy Happy
Now you will understand why the scroll wheel doesn't work in the first place (as how it is now).

Note you can click also, but there's a time limit on that (like 500ms or something). Do it right after that again, and things will go wrong (until it is processed). So, not finished with that one. nea

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Telstar
Audio Addict

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 09:14:43 pm »

3) Add to gallery working on the treeview (the explorer thing), instead of having to select dozens of albums which takes up to ONE MINUTE in my case. Scrolling in the library is VERY slow when exists highres covers. This is the reason why i tried to make a gallery today at last. And its working Happy

Hey hey ho ho, slow down please. I already don't understand the first part ! Don't understand the second part either "instead of heaving ...") and when scrolling in the library is very slow ... well, what do you want with 38MB pictures hehe. But if I can help somehow with that ... (apart from that you can save them as 500x500 already), please make clear what it is I could do. whistle

Trying to rephrase.
In the treeview on the left, would it be possible to rightclick on a folder and have an "add to gallery" context menu?
This instead of selecting all the albums from the library window?
Alternatively, a create gallery button or command to do it all from the settings? That would probably the best for the future. No hurry anyway.

4) Next and "NT" are too small and the second one lacks the tooltip.
scratching

I was referring to the "Nt" and "Nal" buttons, actually scambling them. The "Nal" button has no tooltip. I dont remember why you added it, but I preferred when there was just Next, which was readable.
I dont know why you chose to have only buttons and not menu commands, that would be easier to do changes/additions.

5) Repeat playlist, repeat track commands, ticks or whatever would be very useful. i often like to repeat one track 3-4 times. Also stop after current track (note: Foobar does this).

I guess repeating a track can be done with A-B selection. NOTE though that I estimate that currently it doesn't work anymore. Messed too much in that area lately. Will check it. Do that 3 times only ... mwah ...
Repeat Playlist ? ... can theoretically be done for Attended. Not for Unattended.

My requests are all for attended. I would really like the repeat track (infinite until i unckeck it) and repeat playlist.

6) not sure if reordering the tracks in the playlist is fixed now.

??

I meant to move the order of one track in the playlist, using the mouse, to rearrange the songs in a playlist.
I remember it was broken a couple of months ago and I remember you told me that was going to be fixed asap. So my question was: has it been fixed?

(2nd Apr 2018)
Software:
W10 14393 Pro x64 | XXHE 2.10 | MinOS | Q=14x1/0/0/0/0 | SFS 5,19 mixed contiguous | Nervous rate 1 | 4096k buffer |

Hardware:
OrigenAE H5 case | E5300 fanless |  8GB RAM | Winmate DC-DC fanless PSU | OS on SSD | Renesas USB3 pcie card | Belden highspeed usb cable | Audio-gd dac19 NOS with sigxer F1 | My_ref_FE mono amps | Albedo Apex speakers
Leon
Audio Loudspeaker

oosterom@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2009, 11:04:33 am »

Hi Peter,

I have been bussy on other stuff for a while but finally downloaded the new version 0.9-2
Unfortunately This version does not work for me since the programm just refuses to start playing.
Whenever I select an album it takes some time before it comes back with this message "engine#3 did not start within the expected time" (see attachment):

The system I use is:
AMD Turion, X@ Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz, 3G RAM. 32-bits
Output USB straight to music system (no external DAC)

Hope you can help me out
regards
Leon

* Knipsel.JPG (94.04 KB, 935x655 - viewed 674 times.)

Windows 7, AMD Turion, X@ Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz, 3G RAM. 32-bits
Output USB  to music system through XMod external soundcard no DAC
Q1/2/3/4/5 = 4/0/0/0/0 / No Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / Scheme = 3 /Services Off + Running Time
Calibrator
Audio Enthusiast

Certified tweakaholic

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2009, 11:23:07 am »

Hi Leon,

try putting the executable for 0.9y-2a over the top of your current install.

See here .... http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=888.msg7026#msg7026

I also noticed you have Volume set at -120db in the screen capture ??

Cheers,

Russ

(Sep 26th 2012) (0.9z-7-4 )
Parameters (0.9z-7-4) ->Coming soon...
Parameters (0.9z-6-1) ->Same as for 0.9z-6
Parameters (0.9z-6) ->http://members.iinet.net.au/~calibrator/XXHE/XXHE_parms_(0.9z-6).jpg
Hardware: Asus P5Q, H2O cooled 3.6GHz C2D, 8GB ram, W7 Ult X64 (NO SP1), O/S plus Galleries on 2x(OCZ 60GB Vertex2) -> ESI Juli@ (v0.978 drivers @ 48 samples) -> coax SPDIF -> Integra DHC-9.9 -> Hafler XL600 -> SGR Audio S-series Octagons -> aural organs -> nucleus accumbens sounds good !

====================
Turntables .. how quaint bored
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2009, 11:34:15 am »

Besides, but maybe unrelated, you seem to have something "messed up" with where XXHighEnd is installed ? I mean, those files showing in the right pane really shouldn't be there ... They belong in your (appointed) Data folder and this hardly can be (or should be) under (or within) that Yello album.

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Leon
Audio Loudspeaker

oosterom@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2009, 11:39:45 am »

Hi Leon,

try putting the executable for 0.9y-2a over the top of your current install.

See here .... http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=888.msg7026#msg7026

I also noticed you have Volume set at -120db in the screen capture ??

Cheers,

Russ

Thanks Russ,

I tried that before, and tried it again. unfortunately no result.
the volume set was like that as default

Regards
Leon

* Knipsel.JPG (91.89 KB, 899x565 - viewed 664 times.)

Windows 7, AMD Turion, X@ Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz, 3G RAM. 32-bits
Q1/2/3/4/5 = 4/0/0/0/0 / No Invert / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = RealTime / Scheme = 3 /Services Off + Running Time
Leon
Audio Loudspeaker

oosterom@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

Besides, but maybe unrelated, you seem to have something "messed up" with where XXHighEnd is installed ? I mean, those files showing in the right pane really shouldn't be there ... They belong in your (appointed) Data folder and this hardly can be (or should be) under (or within) that Yello album.

Hi Peter,

As for where XXHighEnd is installed see screencapture

When trying to get the stuff working I peviously set the datafile on the adress where XXHighEnd was installed

regards
Leon

* Knipsel2.JPG (144.3 KB, 810x659 - viewed 660 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2009, 12:07:22 pm »

Leon - I don't know what, but you have something wrong there. First thing is : you are "messing" with the settings. Not only Volume, but also "Dac Is" and I guess everything (I mean, it looks like you don't pay "enough" attention to the settings before trying to play. Ehh, looks like, maybe I'm wrong).

The Data folder is allowed to point at the XX folder itself, but that still wouldn't show those files there. To me it looks like you try to play a file from within the XX folder (what about that torrent file) and that won't go. Yello looks allright, but I don't know the implications of such an attempt (again, if I am right in the first place).

Besides, this just should work !
If you can't find the culprit, please post your XX log file and the X3 log file if there.
scratching
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2009, 12:09:10 pm »

Trying to rephrase.
In the treeview on the left, would it be possible to rightclick on a folder and have an "add to gallery" context menu?
This instead of selecting all the albums from the library window?
Alternatively, a create gallery button or command to do it all from the settings? That would probably the best for the future. No hurry anyway.

Allright, now I understand.
I could do that, but it will urge for anomalies you may not expect at this time. I mean, by asking this you kind of proove that you are not using XX as intended. Thus, once you have Galleries, there is no logical way or reason to have shown orginal albums (meaning : at their original physical locations) in the treeview;
You have one and one only Music Root, and as soon as you have Galleries it will point to that (a Gallery Root). So yes, you can change that Root of course, but it is no way of working. Additionally, you can't select more than one album in that Treeview (nothing strange about that, Windows can't do it either (at-that-position !), so it is really nothing to want or like.
What you mean by that button ? I again don't understand. sorry

I was referring to the "Nt" and "Nal" buttons, actually scambling them. The "Nal" button has no tooltip. I dont remember why you added it, but I preferred when there was just Next, which was readable.

Well, honestly, the fact you don't know what a button does (yes my fault !) is hardly a reason to want it out, right ?
Also, for newcomers you would be perfectly right that "Next" is better readable than "Nt", but it is beyond me why *you* need this better readable. I'll stick an arrow on it in due time, then everybody will understand (and I assume you were thinking of newcommers).
Nal stands for Next Album, which jumps to the first track of the next album in the Playlist.

I meant to move the order of one track in the playlist, using the mouse, to rearrange the songs in a playlist.
I remember it was broken a couple of months ago and I remember you told me that was going to be fixed asap. So my question was: has it been fixed?

Ah ok. But now you tell me what this is about. So, yes it has been solved, yes it has been mentioned in the topic this was dealt with, yes it was in the release notes, but no you did not try and instead ask the question ?
Or it just doesn't work for you maybe ?

and

Yes, but what is the difference with was already known (and what I just solved here) !!?
I myself coudn't find anything else besides "from the Embedded Explorer" (which I didn't know at first).

What is the verdict on this one ? don't tell me this was about similar and I just answered on this a post earlier which you didn't read ...
please ... Happy Happy

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Leon
Audio Loudspeaker

oosterom@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2009, 12:48:37 pm »

Leon - I don't know what, but you have something wrong there. First thing is : you are "messing" with the settings. Not only Volume, but also "Dac Is" and I guess everything (I mean, it looks like you don't pay "enough" attention to the settings before trying to play. Ehh, looks like, maybe I'm wrong).

The Data folder is allowed to point at the XX folder itself, but that still wouldn't show those files there. To me it looks like you try to play a file from within the XX folder (what about that torrent file) and that won't go. Yello looks allright, but I don't know the implications of such an attempt (again, if I am right in the first place).

Besides, this just should work !
If you can't find the culprit, please post your XX log file and the X3 log file if there.
scratching
Peter

Peter,

I didn't mess with anything, normally I only needed to download the new version, set the Music Root and just go.
Since I don't use a DAC I never needed to bother about "Dac is"
The settings are now like this see capture
I also included one of the logs you asked for (strangely enough this was placed in a temp directory within the former directory XXHighEnd was installed)
the file X3Quit.dat I could not find on the system

regards
Leon

* XX-20090901-113057.log (3.89 KB - downloaded 375 times.)

* Knipsel3.JPG (113.45 KB, 1249x679 - viewed 586 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2009, 01:37:25 pm »

Hey Leon,

I also included one of the logs you asked for (strangely enough this was placed in a temp directory within the former directory XXHighEnd was installed

This is not "strangely enough", this is WRONG, can't be, won't work, name it. I don't know what happened, "messed with" is between quotes, but you should get rid of it. I don't you your brand for beer, but I estimate that when you examine your shortcurt, it points to something unexpected (my brand is Alfa drinks).

What will be happening is that things are mixed which should not, and that will never work.

Btw, you must be able to find an X3 file, similarly named (date/time) as the XX file. The X3Quit.dat is unrelated. If you can't find the X3 in the place the X2 resides, this means that you will be running a mix of XXHighEnd of version A and XXEngine3 of version B. Find that log file and you'll find the XXEngine3 version in use.

Or just create a new folder, perform a fresh "install", do nothing further (hence never mind the license for now) and see that ... it will work.
Well, I assume.
Next you will be getting the license OK again.

Hope this helps !
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: