XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 23, 2024, 02:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XX Useraccount  (Read 10232 times)
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:18:13 pm »

Hi Peter,
did you thought about creating some kind of useraccount for a license to make it possible to log in from different pc and listen to xx? It would be more comfortable for the user and you are still save that nobody abuse his license. I for myselfe have two pc's at two different places and it would be nice to use xx on both, if I buy it. With this acoount it would be easy to change pc's and play anywhere you want. It would feel more like to own something.
Greetings Adrian

Software: Windows7 Ultimatex64SP1 | XXHighend 9z9b
Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »

Uhohh, Adrian, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. I'll try to respond by indicating things that work currently, in order to find out whether you understand the current procedure (I think you do, but then the question seems strange to me).

make it possible to log in from different pc

Currently you can use XX ON any PC. Is that wrong ?
Also, you can use your sound files from a central location (might that be your "problem").

It would be more comfortable for the user

What would be ? ... if you can play from any PC ?
Or do you mean the initial licensing proces ?

With this acoount it would be easy to change pc's and play anywhere you want.

Currently you'd just have to walk to the other PC. Or play them both at the same time ...

It would feel more like to own something.

Haha. I could make a Login before you can proceed with XX. But I have the hunch that this is all not what you mean. nea

So what is wrong ... ? must be something.  unhappy

Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 01:01:52 pm »

Hi Peter,
I was afraid as I wrote this, that I am not clear...*g*
The idea was to create a user account if you have bought XX and with this account you could undemo XX from any PC you like, of course with just one PC at the same time using this account. This was thought as additional option for the old licensing where you had just one PC wich could be run without connection to some other pc. I wrote the post before I read about the new licensing process ... I think it is ok now. But it still would be interesting to have such an account.
I meant that I live in two places in two different citys (not at the same time  Wink) where I am listening to musik. With the old licensing it wasn't possible to use XX undemoed in both, now I have to carry my pc to the other apartment...would be easier with an account...Problably most other People dont have that problem and with the new regulation everybody should be satisfied, so forget about it or take it as inspartion for a nice additional option to use XX anytime in every place.
Greetings Adrian

Hardware: | Gigabyte X79-UD3 | i7-3820 | 16 GB DDR3 | OS on 128 GB Samsung SSD 830  | Music on 2TB WD Caviar Green | Seasonic X-660

XXHE Settings: | Engine 4 | Adaptive | Buffer=1024 | Q12345=[14,0,0,0,0] | xQ1=1 | Q5=3 | Scheme=3 | Mixed Contiguous with SFS=12 | 176.4kHz32bit | ArcPred + Peakextend | Clock=1ms |
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 01:14:53 pm »

Adrian,

Of course you are right in that this would be more friendly, and so far I've been tearing my hair out on finding such a meachanism. But as you can tell ... this would allow you to just copy your userid and password to anyone ...
... with which I'm not saying that you or anyone in particuair would do that, but it happens, and it then spreads sooo easily ...

For that matter I had better given away the player for free, because so far it feels like a waste of my time to get this right and decent, while I actually should proceed on the quality of XX itself, on which so much can be done. On that matter, keep in mind that Engine#3 took (wasted) all of my time to just get going, and what you have now is just this version that's going ... yes

As an alternative I could have created (rather easily) a "one Code for one PC" license, but that would have implied you have to pay for each PC you want to use. And I just didn't like that, or even found unjustified where this all is (or might be) about trying out the various OSses or PCs.

Anyway, I hope the current setup is just satisfactory for you all.
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Chris V
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 02:54:17 pm »

Hi Peter

I think you made the right choice. I subscribe to a site that gives weekly match commentary of my favourite football team when they are playing.

I subscribe, then put in an issued password and away I go.

Imagine how frustrating it is when someone publishes their password on the local football chat pages - thousands then listen for free and eventually the income of the commentary site will dwindle and it may collapse.

Stick with it Wink

Music on external hard drive with own power supply. Brains of the system is a Raspberry Pi running Moode Audio. The RPI has dedicated Longdog audio linear power supply.
Signal passes first to SW1X Signature USB to SPDIF  converter
Then to SW1X Signature DAC
Then to Stevens and Billington TVC
Then to modified vintage triode amplifier
Then to open baffle speakers with vintage alnico drivers. Grundig tweeter, Saba Greencone midrange, Altec 416 VOTT base.
Everything is silver wired including mains and speaker cables
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:20 am »

Hi Peter,
Of course you are right in that this would be more friendly, and so far I've been tearing my hair out on finding such a meachanism. But as you can tell ... this would allow you to just copy your userid and password to anyone ...
... with which I'm not saying that you or anyone in particuair would do that, but it happens, and it then spreads sooo easily ...
You missunderstood what I meant. I mean an online account, like you have it at the known online games for example. You have an account, log in to a server, and play. For xx it could be like. The login could be done automaticly after you inserted your name and pass. Nobody would give his account away in that case, because he couldn't use it anymore if sombody else is logged in. I don't want to persuade you to give us such an option, just to make clear what I meant
Greatings Adrian

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 12:15:45 am »

Ah ! ... didn't understand that.

But ... then you'd need Internet access in order to play ?

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Flecko
Audio Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 11:24:24 am »

Yes you do. I thought this could be a additional option to the possibility to have one PC running without i-net or Lan, so everybody can use it like he can.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: