XXHighEnd - The Ultra HighEnd Audio Player
April 19, 2024, 05:53:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: August 6, 2017 : Phasure Webshop open ! Go to the Shop
Search current board structure only !!  
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem after installing SSD hard drive and replacing Vista with Win 7  (Read 12807 times)
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2010, 05:25:54 pm »

When using Window Vista, I never had this problem before with the latest version of XXHighend (also the last 3-4 versions) but recently, I changed my window C: hard drive to a solid state hard drive and moved my music library to a Buffalo NAS. My old hard drive is an internal SATA hard drive with everything stored in flac format. When I migrated my library to my NAS, I batched converted everything to AIFF. My NAS has 2 1.5 TB hard drives in RAID-1.

Anyhow, when I have many tracks or an entire album loaded in the playlist, after playing 4-5 tracks, XXHighend would start to replay some of the previously played tracks again, even though the track names shown at the right lower cornor of the program lists is the proper next track on the playlist.
If I press play button (while the incorrect track is playing), the music will jump to the proper track.

I am not sure if this is a problem with Win 7, NAS or AIFF format or something else. Also I get occasional popping sound when playing AIFF track. However, the popping sound is not always at the same spot in the track so I assume that there was no problem with conversion from flac to aiff. Playing flac file from internal hard drive was fine. So could this be a problem with NAS connection? Selecting or not selecting the box "copy to XXHighend drive by standard" does not make a difference. Going up on Q1 value does not make a dfference either.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

PS with exactly the same setting, I think adding SSD and using AIFF file does improve SQ a bit, not staggering but not hard to miss either.

Intel i7 950 12GB DDR3 triple channel, Win7 64bit sp1 on SSD,
firewire -> Weiss INT202 -> Playback MPS-5-> ??

0.9z-4, KS-adaptive, buffer 256, Q1=1, no oversampling, SFS 100, straight contiguous,
minimum Clock Resolution, Scheme 2
AUDIODIDAKT
Audio Addict

There's Nothing So Dated As Yesterdays Future

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

Anyhow, when I have many tracks or an entire album loaded in the playlist, after playing 4-5 tracks, XXHighend would start to replay some of the previously played tracks again, even though the track names shown at the right lower cornor of the program lists is the proper next track on the playlist.
If I press play button (while the incorrect track is playing), the music will jump to the proper track.

Wouldn't worry that much about your setup Suteetat
It happens here too, sometimes, more than I would like actualy.
Blaim xx for it Wink

(Sept 30, 2010)                                                
W7 Ultimate x64 Tweaked/60 GB SSD OCZ Vertex (1.50)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME/Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz/OZC Reaper 2x2GB/
Esi Juli@ soundcard (KS)(x2v-v0_978)(Tweaked Coaxial)/Nvidea Geforce 9800 GTX+/750 Watt Zalman ZM-750-HP/100 MB Fiber-Optical Internet/
(XXHighEnd 0.9z-2)
#4Engine, Special Mode, 48 samples, SFS 12MB, DAP, Scheme=3, Q1=1, Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5=30,30,0,0, PlayerPrio=Low, ThreadPrio=Realtime
x-Allow Format Change, x-Stop Services, x-Copy to XX-drive by Standard, x-Start Engine3 During Conversion
PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:02:13 pm »

Hmm ... Although I recall the phenomenon from Roy 6 months back or so, I also recall it was his way of treating the tracks. But I forgot how it was exactly. Now, or Roy's problem is totally different, or Roy must be able to tell by now when this happens. I assume the first.

... Which makes it even more difficult to analyse;
Indeed it should be obvious that XX is doing it to you (Suteetat) and a first thing to recognize is that this happens with Attended. But, I would say if you clear the Playlist Area, load an album, play track 1 and leave everything alone throughout, everything will be allright. If this assumption is wrong, let me know.

So, assuming that indeed things are allright in that situation, the question is what actually happens when it starts to go wrong. And actually I mean : what do YOU actually do to let it go wrong. Did you stop and choose a next track further down the line ? did you click Next ? etc. etc.

I never saw this, but I also hardly play Attended, and I never play AIF(F)s. And, I think AIF(F) does matter (hence is treated somewhat differently from FLAC, although both have to be converted).

Moral for now : When you play an album (or playlist) always start with clearing the Playlist Area *and* quit and restart XXHighEnd. This will give a for me recognizeable situation but also denotes a reset point for yourself. Now, when this happens, recall as good as you can what you did, and tell me. Besides, attach the XX and X3 log files (thus, switch on your logging, and leave it on for the time being).

So, let's see ...
Peter

For the Stealth III LPS PC :
W10-14393.0 - July 17, 2021 (2.11)
XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere (also from the PC).

For a general PC :
W10-10586.0 - May 2016 (2.05+)
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.
Removed Switching Supplies from everywhere.

Global Moderator
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:08 am »

This happens more frequently when I add tracks to the playlist (the miscue does not happen right away but after playing a few tracks, if I add more tracks to the playlist while playing) then it is more likely to happen. However, this is the main reason to have computer server, isn't it, to be able to play whatever tracks in whatever orders as you like from the convenience of your couch Happy
I will also try loading just one album and let it run and see if I can duplicate the problem. Last night with an album, I have a few single tracks playing first then followed by a whole album (2CD lenght), in attended mode but nothing else was done to the computer then after track 5 was played then it moved back to a few tracks earlier.

0.9z-4, KS-adaptive, buffer 256, Q1=1, no oversampling, SFS 100, straight contiguous,
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:04 am »

Here is the file from last night. I loaded the album around 21.51 and I think it was track number 4 or 5 when the problem begins. When I get home from work today, I'll try playing the way you suggest and see what happen.

* XX-20100422-210344.log (106.13 KB - downloaded 419 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 12:34:17 pm »

It looks like this is caused by the adding of tracks during playback. However, I don't see a difference here with .AIF and .FLAC ...

I'd say, don't bother with the other test for now, but let me know how you add those tracks (when done during playback) ! Also, when done with dragging, do you drag the new tracks in the middle of the existing tracks maybe ?

Thanks,
Peter

XXHighEnd Mach III Stealth LPS PC -> Xeon Scalable 14/28 core with Hyperthreading On (set to 14/28 cores in BIOS and set to 10/20 cores via Boot Menu) @~660MHz, 48GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 14393.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/0/0/*1*/ Q1Factor = *4* / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *10ms* / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = *10.13*  (max 10.13) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / Stop Desktop, Remaining, WASAPI and W10 services / Use Remote Desktop / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD Off (!) / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *62* / Nervous Rate = *1* / Cool when Idle = n.a / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Optimal / Time Stability = Stable / Custom Filtering *Low* (16x) / Always Clear Proxy before Playback = On -> USB3 from MoBo -> Lush^3
A: W-Y-R-G, B: *W-G* USB 1m00 -> Phisolator 24/768 Phasure NOS1a/G3 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (16ms) -> B'ASS Current Amplifier -> Blaxius*^2.5* A:B-G, B:B-G Interlink -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers. ET^2 Ethernet from Mach III to Music Server PC (RDC Control).

For a general PC :
*XXHighEnd PC -> I7 3930k with Hyperthreading On (12 cores)* @~500MHz, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 10586.0 from RAM, music on LAN / Engine#4 Adaptive Mode / Q1/-/3/4/5 = 14/-/1/1/1 / Q1Factor = 1 / Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = 1ms / Memory = Straight Contiguous / Include Garbage Collect / SFS = 0.10  (max 60) / not Invert / Phase Alignment Off / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Realtime / Scheme = Core 3-5 / Not Switch Processors during Playback = Off/ Playback Drive none (see OS from RAM) / UnAttended (Just Start) / Always Copy to XX Drive (see OS from RAM) / All Services Off / Keep LAN - Not Persist / WallPaper On / OSD On / Running Time Off / Minimize OS / XTweaks : Balanced Load = *43* / Nervous Rate = 1 / Cool when Idle = 1 / Provide Stable Power = 1 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = *Optimal* / Time Stability = *Stable* / Custom Filter *Low* 705600 / -> USB3 *from MoBo* -> Clairixa USB 15cm -> Intona Isolator -> Clairixa USB 1m80 -> 24/768 Phasure NOS1a 75B (BNC Out) async USB DAC, Driver v1.0.4b (4ms) -> Blaxius BNC interlink *-> B'ASS Current Amplifier /w Level4 -> Blaxius Interlink* -> Orelo MKII Active Open Baffle Horn Speakers.

Global Moderator
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »

I usually add 3-4 tracks initially then start the music. Then during playback, I will add more and more tracks to the playlist by dragging a specific track from embedded explorer to the middle column but always to the end of the list.
In the past, let say that I add 3 tracks then press play then add 3 more tracks, with my old setup with Vista/Flac, after playing the first 3 tracks, occasionally xxHighend will go back to track one and stop rather than playing the next 3 tracks. It happens but rarely and it never played a wrong track before (ie replay track 1 when showing track 4 as the current track).

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:57:27 am »

In either case, I will try to make something of this.

Notice that for Unattended this is even more important (to be able to do). Or at least I myself would like such a feature very much.

Thanks,
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
boleary
Crazy Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »

Me too! I've never been able to successfully add tracks to an already playing list. Would be great to have that option.

XX2.07/MB: ASRock Extreme 4M , i7-3930K @ 0.5GHz/ RAM-OS W10586/32 Gigs 1600 DDR3/ Clarixa usb cable  /Q1,3,4,5 = *14*/1/1/*1* / *Q1Factor = 1* / Peak Extension: Off/Dev.Buffer = 4096 / ClockRes = *.5ms* / Straight Contiguous / SFS = *.02,/ Do Nothing With Cover Art / not Invert / *(Phase Alignment Off  / Playerprio = Low / ThreadPrio = Real Time / Scheme = 3-5 / UnAttended (Just Start) / *All* Services Off except LAN & RDC/ Persist off/No OSD / No Running Time / Minimize OS / Boost on/XTweaks : Balanced Load = *40* / Nervous Rate = 1/ Cool when Idle = NA / Provide Stable Power = 0 / Utilize Cores always = 1 / Time Performance Index = Best/ Time Stability = On/ No Up-sampling/R-2R DAC
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »

Hmmm.... XXHighend behaved pretty well over the weekend for most part. However tonight there was the same problem again.
This time I was playing tracks from an album for awhile. Everything was fine then I cleared the playlist and added 3 songs. See log at 23.42. The first 2 songs were fine but the third song was wrong. Again, log and right lower cornor of the screen showed the right song but the program was playing a song from an album I was playing previously that was already cleared from playlist. When I pressed stop, selected 3rd song again and pressed play, then the third song was played ok.
This problem does not happen often but a bit more frequently now!

* XX-20100427-231254.log (48.55 KB - downloaded 399 times.)

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »

Hey thanks. Q : (without looking at the log file yet) : did you click stop / play at clearing the playlist ?

I ask this, because at attended the playing track will remain in there, which I merely made for soem "feeling" ("hey, how can you have thrown out a track which is still playing !"). But *THAT* will create anomalies for sure, because I never thought of just leaving that play (after clear I mean) and just drag in new files.

Oh well, as said, I will create something for it. For me myself and I already. Happy
But thanks a lot for this additional info, because I really didn't think of that.

Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Suteetat
Audio Loudspeaker

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 02:13:16 am »

Hi Peter,
I pressed stop before clearing the album as I did not play through the whole album.
So in order: load album from library tab, play... stop, clear then added 3 tracks then pressed play again.

Suteetat

PeterSt
Administrator
High Grade Audiophile

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:17 am »

Very good; This is important to understand the log file.
Also : This is a most normal situation (different from what I thought or was in order earlier). So, work to do !

Again, thanks a lot for your time and attention.
Peter

For a general PC :

Global Moderator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: